BD

BD Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

R&D Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BD.

I applied online and was interviewed by a recruiter over phone after which I had a phone interview with a hiring manager. The hiring manager was nice and very friendly over the phone. After a month, I attended the personal interview with the whole team. I was interviewed by 5 people. The first interviewer was very nice and friendly. One particular interviewer was unprofessional and rude. Did not maintain eye to eye contact with me instead was more keen on taking notes by looking down. Another interviewer was looking at the phone, seemed disinterested, was also more keen on taking notes, did not allow me to ask questions and ran away.
    In the end, as expected I did not get the job offer. glad that I didnt get the job as i figured out that i will not be a right fit. Im very glad that I will not be working for this team!

Interview Questions
    • Why a particular scientific method was used by me to test rather than the other? why wasnt another method of their choice chosen to test?   Answer Question

Mechanical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canaan, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canaan, CT

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BD.

Phone then in-person interviews, i had a nice interviewer so no problems................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............................ ............

Interview Questions
    • they've been making us work 96+ hours bi-weekly instead of a typical 80 for the last 6 years on three shifts instead of just hiring 4X12hr crews for 80hrs bi-weekly and not killing your employees... working 6 days a week every week for 6 years is devastating on the human body.   Answer Question
    its a structured pay scale, so easy.. started off at $15 and made my way up to $22 by assessments on my skill set and abilities.

Senior Engineer Interview

2 rounds of phone interviews with the hiring manger and his/her manager. Followed by on-site interview with the team members and several key-stakeholders in other departments (scientists, HR person, etc.) The questions are reasonable and bring out the true credential of the candidates. The accommodation is pretty good (over-night stay in hotel).

I were able to negotiable to get a few more thousands in compensation but no more. Also got a generous delayed start date (3 months later) so as to make the relocation easier to deal with.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BD in October 2014.

Applied online on company website. Was contacted by an external recruiter for screening interview about 2 weeks after the application. Set up a time to talk on the phone and spent about 30 minutes talking about past experiences, behavioral, nothing technical. He seemed disinterested and was reading from a paper. He said he will let me know in a week. No contact. Called him in 2 weeks and he said he will respond in 2 days. No news for 2 more weeks. Completely unprofessional.

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

First, I interviewed over the phone. Based on the phone interview I got invited to the Franklin Lakes, NJ location for an onsite interview. I took a day off from work to go to the interview. I thought the interview went well. The comments I received while onsite from several interviewers were positive, and I thought I was well qualified for the position. Then I never heard from them again. I sent email to both the HR contact and the hiring manager several times, but I never heard back. I thought: if this is the way BD treats people, they must be really awful to their employees. If I take a day off from work for an onsite interview, at least have the courtesy to tell me whether I got the position or not. Based on my experience, I would *not* recommend this company.

Learning Managements Systems Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jordan, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jordan, UT

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BD.

4 to 5 days after applying the hiring manager emailed me to line up a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly standard and she said she'd email to schedule an in person interview. I sent my customary thank you email later that day. After several days passing with no reply I followed up again to schedule the face to face interview. At that interview, I met with the same hiring manager (and potential boss) and an HR member. Both ladies were cold, going through the motions, but lacking any passion. I should have known then, I was not the person they were looking for, though I was well qualified and the position seemed like a good fit. I left feeling like they were both so tired they couldn't possibly dish out basic human politeness. Still I continued to follow up every 4 (or so) days until they emailed saying the position was filled.

Interview Questions
    • Most question were asking me to elaborate on something from my resume, not difficult at all   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

The entire process took about 4 weeks to complete. I submitted my application online through the BD website and within a week I received an from HR extending me an interview. After, interviewing on two separate occasions I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question, was the typical what do you see as your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online – interviewed at BD.

Phone screen with the manager then leading to on-site interview with several one on one interviews. HR almost non-existent in the entire process until the last moment when discussing fiscal logistics. Pretty generic interview, nothing too outlandishly hard. As long as you did your homework on their products, as well as demonstrate something that you've done in the past that is relevant to the role you're applying for, it shouldn't be too stressful.

Interview Questions
    Not able to negotiate given my position. Not able to extend offer date to allow for multiple interviews to continue.

Prod Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BD.

Very large BU. Did not really connect with hiring mgr. was a little old fashioned in thinking. Biased towRds people coming from smal companies. If your business unit is not making around $200 mill, hiring mgr does not think very highly of candidate.

Scientist II Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BD.

Applied on company website and got a call from HR. Brief phone screen with HR, and then phone screen with hiring manager. After that, went for onsite interviews. It was a full day interview with members of the potential group. Mostly questions about experience, projects worked on. .Finally, another in-depth interview with HR, mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you solved a problem thinking outside of the box.   Answer Question