BD

106 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Prod Manager Interview

Prod Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at BD.

Interview Details – Very large BU. Did not really connect with hiring mgr. was a little old fashioned in thinking. Biased towRds people coming from smal companies. If your business unit is not making around $200 mill, hiring mgr does not think very highly of candidate.

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at BD in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied Online.
Got an Email After few weeks asking for an appointment for a Phone interview.
Phone interview was easy. Most of the questions were regarding the previous projects.
After 2 days got a call asking me to attend an in-person interview.
There was a technical session and then behavioral.

Interview Question – If i would shift to an organization with more technical background   Answer Question

Scientist II Interview

Scientist II

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BD.

Interview Details – Applied on company website and got a call from HR. Brief phone screen with HR, and then phone screen with hiring manager. After that, went for onsite interviews. It was a full day interview with members of the potential group. Mostly questions about experience, projects worked on. .Finally, another in-depth interview with HR, mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time when you solved a problem thinking outside of the box.   Answer Question

Biochemist I Interview

Biochemist I

I applied online - interviewed at BD in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position through their website and received a response from the director of the department four days later. A phone interview was scheduled for the following day. Most of the questions were technical regarding protein and DNA laboratory techniques. The interview lasted for less than 45 minutes and at the end I was told to expect a reply within 3 weeks.

Interview Question – Almost all were technical questions, e.g. "What is the difference between ion-exchange and affinity chromatography and when would each of them be used instead of the other?"   Answer Question

Senior Buyer Interview

Senior Buyer
Franklin Lakes, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BD.

Interview Details – Questions could have been more job related and some of the Interviewers could have been more prepared with more relevant questions. One person just walked me around the building, not knowing what they wanted to say.

Interview Question – How did you achieve your cost savings   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Relaxed and professional

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous

Interviewed at BD

Interview Details – Long-interview process with (2) phone screenings and then in-person interview with (4) different people. Some behavioral questions nothing too difficult. They called back with a decision fairly quickly. Nice offices and location.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer, SAIS Interview

Senior Engineer, SAIS
Franklin Lakes, NJ

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at BD in April 2014.

Interview Details – Initial steps were a phone screening with the BD HR recruiter and a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was invited to come to the BD campus for a series of five 45 minute interviews with an HR rep, various managers, and staff level engineers. Upon arrival at BD, I waited for 15 minutes in the lobby until I was led to the interview room. Questions were mostly technical in nature and mostly about what was on my resume. The fifth interviewer was stuck in a meeting so I ended up being interviewed by four people. Approximately 2 weeks after the interview, I was told I didn't get the job. I knew it was a bad sign when arrangements weren't made for the fifth interviewer to talk to me over the phone.

Interview Question – How would you design an injectable pen that prevents users from administering more than a specific dosage?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BD in August 2010.

Interview Details – Started with HR contact and initial screening discussion. Phone interview with hiring manager followed in a week or two. After about 6 weeks, was called in for a team interview. Interview was relaxed, professional, and non-threatening. A lot of good information about the role was communicated. Job offer came within about two weeks.

Interview Question – Can't think of one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Typical.

Scientist Interview

Scientist
Franklin Lakes, NJ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at BD in March 2014.

Interview Details – In general it was a great experience. There are a lot of behavior questions during phone interview. They would break you with questions in the middle of the presentation and get ready to answer tough questions.

Interview Question – what will you do if you have two deadlines but you have no time to meet both   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist

Interviewed at BD

Interview Details – Overall the experience went well, interviewers were friendly, but I was not impressed with the overall operation. This was for a job in Baltimore and the hiring manager for a senior scientist position was fresh out of a PhD program - did not seem like the right fit for me. I was offered the job after a few weeks of waiting, and by then had already accepted another offer.

Interview Question – I was asked your typical behavioral interview questions read directly off of some generic list.   Answer Question

Worked for BD? Contribute to the Community!