BD Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

Product Manager Interview

The entire process took about 4 weeks to complete. I submitted my application online through the BD website and within a week I received an from HR extending me an interview. After, interviewing on two separate occasions I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question, was the typical what do you see as your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Franklin Lakes, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

First, I interviewed over the phone. Based on the phone interview I got invited to the Franklin Lakes, NJ location for an onsite interview. I took a day off from work to go to the interview. I thought the interview went well. The comments I received while onsite from several interviewers were positive, and I thought I was well qualified for the position. Then I never heard from them again. I sent email to both the HR contact and the hiring manager several times, but I never heard back. I thought: if this is the way BD treats people, they must be really awful to their employees. If I take a day off from work for an onsite interview, at least have the courtesy to tell me whether I got the position or not. Based on my experience, I would *not* recommend this company.

Finance Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BD in June 2014.

BD interview process was comprehensive, organized and focussed on involving all levels of the organization to come to a decision. They utilize the phone screen conducted by the hiring manager. Phase 2, you interview with hiring manager, peer group. Phase 3, you interview with mangement of the functional organization and internal customers (management/exec level).

Interview Questions
    • What are you an expert in? and Are you just looking for a job? were questions that came from the Director of the PMO. Having been in consulting for the last 16 years, I was surprised by these types of questions. Both include known "pifalls", calling yourself an expert or job vs career. After responding to these questions, post interview I could have handled them a better with qualifying questions or better organizing my though process in a way to address what I have been doing the last 16 years.   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online - interviewed at BD.

Phone screen with the manager then leading to on-site interview with several one on one interviews. HR almost non-existent in the entire process until the last moment when discussing fiscal logistics. Pretty generic interview, nothing too outlandishly hard. As long as you did your homework on their products, as well as demonstrate something that you've done in the past that is relevant to the role you're applying for, it shouldn't be too stressful.

Interview Questions
    Not able to negotiate given my position. Not able to extend offer date to allow for multiple interviews to continue.

Prod Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at BD.

Very large BU. Did not really connect with hiring mgr. was a little old fashioned in thinking. Biased towRds people coming from smal companies. If your business unit is not making around $200 mill, hiring mgr does not think very highly of candidate.

Test Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at BD in June 2014.

Applied Online.
    Got an Email After few weeks asking for an appointment for a Phone interview.
    Phone interview was easy. Most of the questions were regarding the previous projects.
    After 2 days got a call asking me to attend an in-person interview.
    There was a technical session and then behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • If i would shift to an organization with more technical background   Answer Question

Scientist II Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BD.

Applied on company website and got a call from HR. Brief phone screen with HR, and then phone screen with hiring manager. After that, went for onsite interviews. It was a full day interview with members of the potential group. Mostly questions about experience, projects worked on. .Finally, another in-depth interview with HR, mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you solved a problem thinking outside of the box.   Answer Question

Biochemist I Interview

I applied online - interviewed at BD in July 2014.

I applied for the position through their website and received a response from the director of the department four days later. A phone interview was scheduled for the following day. Most of the questions were technical regarding protein and DNA laboratory techniques. The interview lasted for less than 45 minutes and at the end I was told to expect a reply within 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Almost all were technical questions, e.g. "What is the difference between ion-exchange and affinity chromatography and when would each of them be used instead of the other?"   Answer Question

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Franklin Lakes, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BD.

Questions could have been more job related and some of the Interviewers could have been more prepared with more relevant questions. One person just walked me around the building, not knowing what they wanted to say.

Relaxed and professional

Anonymous Interview

Long-interview process with (2) phone screenings and then in-person interview with (4) different people. Some behavioral questions nothing too difficult. They called back with a decision fairly quickly. Nice offices and location.

Interview Questions

Worked for BD? Contribute to the Community!