BD

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BD.

Questions could have been more job related and some of the Interviewers could have been more prepared with more relevant questions. One person just walked me around the building, not knowing what they wanted to say.

Relaxed and professional

Biochemist I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BD in July 2014.

I applied for the position through their website and received a response from the director of the department four days later. A phone interview was scheduled for the following day. Most of the questions were technical regarding protein and DNA laboratory techniques. The interview lasted for less than 45 minutes and at the end I was told to expect a reply within 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Almost all were technical questions, e.g. "What is the difference between ion-exchange and affinity chromatography and when would each of them be used instead of the other?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Long-interview process with (2) phone screenings and then in-person interview with (4) different people. Some behavioral questions nothing too difficult. They called back with a decision fairly quickly. Nice offices and location.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BD in June 2014.

phone interview, followed by 1 on site. i worked with the recruiter to pass in resume and prep for the interview. the interview did not start on time, i felt every business is quite different.

Interview Questions
    • pretty structured interviews, they asked what is my favorite beer, knowing that i worked for a beer company before   View Answer
    i didn't really negotiate too much

Test Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BD in June 2014.

Applied Online.
    Got an Email After few weeks asking for an appointment for a Phone interview.
    Phone interview was easy. Most of the questions were regarding the previous projects.
    After 2 days got a call asking me to attend an in-person interview.
    There was a technical session and then behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • If i would shift to an organization with more technical background   Answer Question

Finance Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BD in June 2014.

BD interview process was comprehensive, organized and focussed on involving all levels of the organization to come to a decision. They utilize the phone screen conducted by the hiring manager. Phase 2, you interview with hiring manager, peer group. Phase 3, you interview with mangement of the functional organization and internal customers (management/exec level).

Interview Questions
    • What are you an expert in? and Are you just looking for a job? were questions that came from the Director of the PMO. Having been in consulting for the last 16 years, I was surprised by these types of questions. Both include known "pifalls", calling yourself an expert or job vs career. After responding to these questions, post interview I could have handled them a better with qualifying questions or better organizing my though process in a way to address what I have been doing the last 16 years.   View Answer

Senior Scientist Interview

Overall the experience went well, interviewers were friendly, but I was not impressed with the overall operation. This was for a job in Baltimore and the hiring manager for a senior scientist position was fresh out of a PhD program - did not seem like the right fit for me. I was offered the job after a few weeks of waiting, and by then had already accepted another offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked your typical behavioral interview questions read directly off of some generic list.   Answer Question

Network Engineering Team Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BD.

took 4 weeks to get a call from HR..long 3 hour phone interview..wait 1 week for in person interviewed from 9am to 2:30 no lunch break just water...i was out of energy by 1pm.

Interview Questions
    • the majority of questions are all personal/behavioral .the technical questions were not related to technology.But how my current company was doing things , even what was my company current budget . They were learning .   View Answer

Staff Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BD.

team interview process

no negotiation

Core Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BD.

Takes a long time and is vague. Wasn't certain who to contact for follow up.

Interview Questions
    • How would you balance an initiative to innovate on new ideas and developing concepts into products?   Answer Question

The CTM position is a no-win situation. All the blame, all the responsibility and no time to actually perform the function.