BD Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

Test Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BD in June 2014.

Applied Online.
    Got an Email After few weeks asking for an appointment for a Phone interview.
    Phone interview was easy. Most of the questions were regarding the previous projects.
    After 2 days got a call asking me to attend an in-person interview.
    There was a technical session and then behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • If i would shift to an organization with more technical background   Answer Question

Finance Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BD in June 2014.

BD interview process was comprehensive, organized and focussed on involving all levels of the organization to come to a decision. They utilize the phone screen conducted by the hiring manager. Phase 2, you interview with hiring manager, peer group. Phase 3, you interview with mangement of the functional organization and internal customers (management/exec level).

Interview Questions
    • What are you an expert in? and Are you just looking for a job? were questions that came from the Director of the PMO. Having been in consulting for the last 16 years, I was surprised by these types of questions. Both include known "pifalls", calling yourself an expert or job vs career. After responding to these questions, post interview I could have handled them a better with qualifying questions or better organizing my though process in a way to address what I have been doing the last 16 years.   View Answer

Senior Scientist Interview

Overall the experience went well, interviewers were friendly, but I was not impressed with the overall operation. This was for a job in Baltimore and the hiring manager for a senior scientist position was fresh out of a PhD program - did not seem like the right fit for me. I was offered the job after a few weeks of waiting, and by then had already accepted another offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked your typical behavioral interview questions read directly off of some generic list.   Answer Question

Network Engineering Team Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BD.

took 4 weeks to get a call from HR..long 3 hour phone interview..wait 1 week for in person interviewed from 9am to 2:30 no lunch break just water...i was out of energy by 1pm.

Interview Questions
    • the majority of questions are all personal/behavioral .the technical questions were not related to technology.But how my current company was doing things , even what was my company current budget . They were learning .   View Answer

Staff Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BD.

team interview process

no negotiation

Core Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BD.

Takes a long time and is vague. Wasn't certain who to contact for follow up.

Interview Questions
    • How would you balance an initiative to innovate on new ideas and developing concepts into products?   Answer Question

The CTM position is a no-win situation. All the blame, all the responsibility and no time to actually perform the function.

Regional Process Owner Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BD.

I had multiple phone interviews before having face to face interveiws. I had one round of face to face interviews with four interivewers.

I accepted the offer without negotiation.

Senior Engineer, SAIS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BD in April 2014.

Initial steps were a phone screening with the BD HR recruiter and a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was invited to come to the BD campus for a series of five 45 minute interviews with an HR rep, various managers, and staff level engineers. Upon arrival at BD, I waited for 15 minutes in the lobby until I was led to the interview room. Questions were mostly technical in nature and mostly about what was on my resume. The fifth interviewer was stuck in a meeting so I ended up being interviewed by four people. Approximately 2 weeks after the interview, I was told I didn't get the job. I knew it was a bad sign when arrangements weren't made for the fifth interviewer to talk to me over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design an injectable pen that prevents users from administering more than a specific dosage?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BD.

Emailed directly. Spent half day interviewing in a room. No tour.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BD in March 2014.

In general it was a great experience. There are a lot of behavior questions during phone interview. They would break you with questions in the middle of the presentation and get ready to answer tough questions.

Interview Questions
    • what will you do if you have two deadlines but you have no time to meet both   Answer Question