BDO UK

Relevance Date Difficulty

Audit Graduate Interview

Audit Graduate

Interviewed at BDO UK

Interview Details – Online application, followed by online tests, first manager interview, and finally an assessment centre constitutes of in tray, group exercise, individual presentation, partner interview

Interview Question – a time you sell an idea   Answer Question

Summer School Programmer Interview

Summer School Programmer
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BDO UK in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had to fill out an application form which seemed very standard (why bdo? why the stream you've applied for? have you worked in a team? do you have 'the difference inside'?, etc.) The I completed online numerical and verbal reasoning tests. I failed the verbal test the first time round but the HR team contacted me and said that because they were impressed with me so far I could redo it, so I did, and passed. I thought that was really nice of them to give me another shot. Then I had a manager interview asking completely competency based questions, like asking about teamwork, leadership, disagreements with someone, etc. Then there were other questions like why bdo, why the stream, why did you choose the a levels you did, what work do you think you'll be doing, etc. The interview was VERY formal. Then I had another manager interview and presentation that I had prepared in advance. This interview was much more casual and the interviewer asked me questions about my presentation as I did it which created a much more relaxed atmosphere. That was it for the Summer School. But, during the summer school we had a group project (to mirror the group assessment) and a partner interview and I was successful with both and was offered a place on the School Leaver Programme.

Interview Question – How do we know we can trust you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase, I was just sent a contract.

Corporate Finance Graduate- M&A Team Interview

Corporate Finance Graduate- M&A Team

Interview Details – Application Form- Pretty standard

Online Tests- Again pretty standard

First Interview- Extremely laid back, very good interviewers, mostly questions to do with the role rather than competency questions

Assessment Centre- Fairly difficult in-tray exercise (lots of information, takes a while to get your head round the task, take your time reading all the information first), group exercise (have to assess four out of ten options for cutting budget, lots of information so look at the options first to assess how much money each saves), personal presentation (make sure you include relevant information to the service line you're applying for), partner interview (conversational but challenging, difficult questions to do with the industry/role)

Interview Question – Why do you think we focus more on sell-side of things rather than the buy-side?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BDO UK.

Interview Details – Applied via email
Interview with Partner - nothing technical, just get to know you

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 5 years time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – ok

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern
Southampton, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at BDO UK in November 2011.

Interview Details – The first stage of the recruitment process is the online application, fairly standard, easy to navigate. After submitting it, there are several online tests to face, numerical and logical reasoning in my case.
After successfully passing that, interns get invited directly to an Assessment Centre, where they will attend a short company presentation, an e-tray exercise, a group exercise based on that e-tray, after which they will be interviewed by a line manager. They will also have to deliver a presentation on a business or sector of the economy that BDO could contribute to in a meaningful way.

Interview Question – Easily the most difficult part is the presentation. Because the topic is known long before the assessment centre, getting an excellent subject and developing it is entirely possible. The effort will be worthwhile in the end.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Audit

I applied online and interviewed at BDO UK.

Interview Details – Quick process, friendly interviewer, not a formal interview but a chat literally

Interview Question – How to travel in Vietnam?   Answer Question

Trainee Tax Investigations Interview

Trainee Tax Investigations
London, England (UK)

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BDO UK in April 2011.

Interview Details – Three weeks after sending my application I received an invitation for the online tests. These were fairly difficult. About one week later I received an invitation for a 1:1 interview. I accepted, but I wasn't too happy that travel allowance was only 50 quid (coming from abroad my expenses were a lot higher).
While waiting on my interviewer I found a booklet about tax investigations, which was quite interesting to read, and I would recommend every candidate in tax to have a look at it.
My interviewer was very friendly and was well prepared for the interview. She listened wit real interest.
About two days after the interview I saw in my application center that the outcome of the interview was negative.

Interview Questions

Accountant Interview

Accountant

The process took 2 days - interviewed at BDO UK in January 2011.

Interview Details – The graduate recruitment process consisted of a 1:1 interview with a director followed by assessment centre when successful. Assessment centre consisted of logical reasoning test, group exercise (case study), presentation on the group exercise and an interview with a partner. There was also a chance for lunchtime networking with recent graduates.

The people were friendly, and made sure you were very relaxed. For the group exercise we were given an hour, and then another hour to prepare for the presentation, so we were never drastically pressed for time, although there is the obvious pressure of being observed while you discuss as part of a group.

The partner interview was very informal, we just discussed what the role would be like, as well as the usual "Why BDO", "Why this department" etc.

The people were friendly at all levels, from executive to partner, and there seemed to be a good rapport and many social events taking place among the graduates. Overall a useful experience.

Interview Question – What are the core values BDO works to?   View Answer

Audit Interview

Audit
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BDO UK in October 2010.

Interview Details – Having sent off my online application, I was told to complete some online tests. These were the standard easy SHL reasoning tests. After this, I was invited to book my first interview. During the interview, I felt very relaxed, the manager seemed very friendly and the culture in the workplace seems very good. Standard questions such as why BDO? Why Audit? And some competencies such as time in a team and a leader.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for BDO UK? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BDO UK interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by BDO UK employees and interview candidates.