BDO USA Assurance Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.7

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume through a career fair on campus. In general there were two official rounds of interview. After the resume screening, I was chosen for an on campus interview which last about 30-45 minutes with a director of assurance; the atmosphere was relaxing, mostly conversational;
I got an email within a week to learn that I was invited to an office interview. The evening before the office interview, I went to a pre-interview dinner at a local restaurant where I met up with 10+ other candidates and BDO staff. It was very informal just to get to know the firm.
In house interview consisted of 3 interviews back to back with 2 Managers and 1 partner. They started with introducing themselves and asked questions about me, my experience and some behavioral questions like tell me how you deal with difficult person, how do you work in a team.. etc. No technical questions. They didn't give me any updates so after two weeks I tried to follow up and got an automated email (with some mistyping) saying I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BDO USA

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online through school website and got accepted for an on-campus interview. The interview was very conversational with general interview questions like, what is your greatest accomplishment, greatest strength, etc. It was a very simple interview and the person was very nice. They said they would contact me in a week for another interview and I never heard anything back from them. I know people that were contacted in a few days while I never heard anything. It was extremely unprofessional of them to do it especially after I tried to contact them to ask about it. I know someone that had their interview cancelled last minute which shows you how dysfunctional they are with this whole process.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who already works for BDO. I interviewed with three people. The questions were more conversational. (Make sure you do your homework and come prepared to ask questions). I got an offer the next day and started two weeks after.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult-again it was more conversational.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2013.

Interview

Like other big accounting firms recruiting process. I had one on-campus interview and one in-house interview.
    The on-campus interview was more focus on my past internship experience and educational background. Question: What the difference between your first and second internship? What's the major difference you have found between your last internship and at school? How do you deal with am teammate who didn't perform his/her responsibility?
    The in-house interview started with the brief background of the company's culture and value. The recruiter explained the agenda of the day. I was interviewed by two interviewers, one is a director and the other is a manager. The key of this interview is show them yourself and be conformable. The first interviewer was very aggressive of asking me lots of questions. The second interviewer was lay back and asked me to ask he question first.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with am teammate who didn't perform his/her responsibility? If the particular team members didn't have the ability, what will do?   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA (McLean, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

Campus recruiting, on-campus interviews with managers or partners. In-office interview was group setting with multiple interviewees and one interviewer. Questions were standard, but hard to chime in with multiple students present. Interview scenario seemed kind-of rushed. Too many interviewees.

Interview Questions

• None difficult - just hard to work with other students present.   Answer Question

Better offer at another company.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BDO USA (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Recruit on campus or through networking. Interview is 4 30 minute interviews, with partners and managers. They take you to dinner after. Very approachable.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA (San Antonio, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

I did an internship with the Firm during the second semester of my senior year. I came to the office for my interview with to partners at the time. They were very friendly and liked to talk about other topics outside of school.accounting.

Negotiation

Simple, I obtained a letter and I said yes

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

I spoke with people from BDO at the University's career fair. I really enjoyed the people i met, they were really friendly and easy to talk to . They took us to dinner for a pre-night interview and was a fun experience. The interview was very laid back and personal. They just asked about my experience, why I chose BDO, why i chose accounting for my major, why i chose finance as a minor. Other small talk really. No situational questions in my first interview

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2011.

Interview

I met with one manager for an on campus interview. The interview went really good. He only asked behavioral questions. He just wanted to hear why BDO would be a good fit for me and what I could bring to the team.
    The 2nd round interview was at the firm location. Here I had 4, 30 minute, 1 on 1 interviews. 2 of the interviews they had asked technical questions. The other 2 were just more personal questions.
    The technical questions were pretty simple, common sense. What type of account are risky, what JE would you do, etc.

Interview Questions

• If there was one owner of a manufacture company. What accounts are risky   Answer Question
    • What do you see on a BS and PL   Answer Question
    • Would you make a JE if the owner didn't pull out a salary, but did work?   Answer Question
    • Would you make a JE if the market value of the owners salary is 1 mill, but he received a 5 mill salary? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2009.

Interview

My first round of interview was on campus with a manager. Since it was one of my first on campus interviews, I was pretty nervous. But they had a greeter (senior/staff) that I could ask questions and prep a bit before the actual interview. During the actual interview, the manager asked me about specifics on my resume but we mainly focused on group projects and how I delt with conflicts. Mostly behavioral questions but I also got a SOX question. I had met the greeter and the interviewer before at company/club events earlier in the year. I thought that was helpful too since I could already connect with the person I was interviewing with.

Second round was at the office for three interviews - 2 partners and a manager. All one on one interviews. All behavioral questions too. They tried to cover different aspects for each interview - clients, growth, people. Mostly asked about specifics on resume as well.

They provided a response within a week.

Interview Questions

• What activities you have done that relates to or is similar to auditing?   1 Answer