BDO USA

Updated Nov 29, 2014

2.6

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA.

Applied through college. The interviewer did not ask any technical questions. Mostly about you, why you want to join BDO, how do you see yourself in 5 years. Just be yourself and relax

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself, behavioral questions. No hard questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BDO USA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA.

I applied through a campus career office and got scheduled an interview. The night before the interview there was a dinner that BDO took all the scheduled interviewees to. The setting was relaxed and there was no push to really socialize, really just an event to make us relax and meet the 1 or 2 associates that are at your table. Standard campus interview of 30 min, the first question threw me off and got me nervous, effected the rest of my interview negatively. Its been over a week but no reply as to whats happening with my recruitment process.

Interview Questions
    • started with "tell me more about yourself" then straight onto "how many pc's are there in the US"   Answer Question

BDO USA Response

Nov 11, 2014CHIEF PEOPLE OFFICER

We would like to see you receive a more timely reaction to your interview and I have to agree the PC trivia question is a surprising one and not so helpful in determining the best candidates to join ... More

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA.

Applied through campus recruiting. Did my first interview on campus. Interviewer promptly started off by asking why BDO, why you, why audit. Then, it became a conversation more or less. Very laid back. Easy first interview. It took them about 2 weeks for me to find out I got the 2nd interview. 2nd Round got one on one interviews with National Partner, Audit Sr Manager, Audit Manager, and Audit Director all for about 30 minutes each. Then went to dinner with new hire associates and the Sr. Associate. Got one technical accounting question, which was fairly easy. Don't worry if you get the answer wrong, as long as you can think the process through and understand how to solve the case conceptually, you will be fine. Everything else was behavioral or conversational. The whole 2nd round took about 4 hours. I was with a group of 5 other candidates. Still waiting to see if I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose BDO? Why did you choose audit? What about BDO interested you? The audit director laid out a scenario and told me how I would record the transaction, reverse the transactions, and reconcile it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA.

I initially met with a partner for an on campus interview - very conversational. The next week I went to their office and I had three one on one interviews with a partner and two managers - also very conversational.

I had another offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2014.

This was for the Dallas office. The process started with me submitting my resume to my colleges career website for the possibility to be considered for an interview that was held on campus. After getting picked for the interview I had a 30 minute interview with one of their senior managers from their Dallas office(where I applied for). This was actually a really different kind of interview for me. It was a really laid back experience and the guy who interviewed me actually started off the interview saying "so what questions do you have for me" I heard back 2 days later that I had been selected for an in office interview that was going to be held 2 weeks from my campus interview. We were given the option of choosing from two different times to start the interview. The office interview consisted of three 30 minute interviews. Two of them were with senior managers and then last one was with a partner. All of the interviews were very casual. Each one asked why I was choosing accounting. The interview with the partner was the most interview like. After the three interviews we went to lunch with two audit associates with two others interviewers. It was a pleasant day. They said they would get back within two weeks with the job offer or not. They got back to me by the end of the day with an offer and I was given to weeks to decide.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to go into accounting?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to go into auditing?   Answer Question
    • Why BDO!?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest strength and then weakness?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were in a group situation and you were a leader and things turned out well, and then tell me about a group situation where things did not go well and how you over came that?   Answer Question
    The offer was very competitive and comparable to what the big four would even offer. So because I am just coming out of college and it was well over what I was expecting, there was no need to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2014.

I applied via career website of my university by submitting resume, and also applying via their website. I was selected for the on-campus interview. After that, I received a message within a week that I was invited for an office interview. There were three interviews with partner and managers back-to-back, all one-on-one. It sounds like nerve-taking but the flow of the conversation was smooth, and it was more like walk-through with my resume, my past experiences, my strengths and weaknesses, and my goals etc. There was a lunch session with the audit associates after interviews, which was more relaxed and friendly. I got the verbal confirmation within three hours after all these were done.

Interview Questions
    • "What are your weaknesses?" was the most difficult but not so unexpected question. I would recommend everyone to be prepared to answer this question before any interview.   View Answer
    It was easy, because they had pre-set standards on what pay and perks you get at an associate level. They tell you everything and it's like take-it-or-not situation. I am happy because I got what I expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2014.

I applied through the campus recruiting system. Got a first round interview. Very easy interview; the partner just sat back and chatted informally about what the atmosphere at his office was like. He wasn't overly receptive to good questions or any of that; it was mainly just a one-way monologue about his office. Told me they would get back to us by the end of the following week. Never happened; they just left me hanging and did their second rounds and made their offers. I thought that was very discourteous, especially after he personally assured me they would let me know one way or the other.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2014.

I did the career fair at my school. Then received on campus interviews for the next week. It was straight forward just went over the resume nothing too unexpected. I asked questions it went well and was welcomed back for a second round of interviews with partners.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA.

The interview process was relatively easy. I applied through our college career center and heard back within a couple week. Next I had an on campus interview with the partner

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were easy and expected questions. Mainly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

There were two interviews held within about a month of each other; the second interview included lunch and an office visit. Each interview was about 30-45 minutes in length and there were plenty of opportunities to discuss questions. Interviewers were up front about travel requirements.