BDO USA

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2013.

Interview Details – Online application through campus career site.
On campus interview for UCSB- Pretty straight forward, walked through the resume that was turned in and asked why BDO. Seemed easy to talk with and really accommodating to my questions and interests.
On site interview in San Diego- Did not seem like they had expected me when I walked in. The interviews were pretty straight forward and also centered on my resume and behavioral questions. Went to lunch after with other associates and interviewed with three people individually.
Took a while to get back to me.

Interview Question – If you got the job right now and we told you in the future to start up a new company, what would you do? ( or something along those lines)   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2013.

Interview Details – Great company! Very friendly and accommodating. Enthusiastic culture. Although, BDO wants their candidates to come in knowing either tax or audit. They are not a middle market firm that will allow you to experience both.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Interviewed at BDO USA

Interview Details – There were two interviews held within about a month of each other; the second interview included lunch and an office visit. Each interview was about 30-45 minutes in length and there were plenty of opportunities to discuss questions. Interviewers were up front about travel requirements.

Interview Question – "Why do you want to do audit?"   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BDO USA in November 2013.

Interview Details – Received a call from firm recruiter and set up an interview one week later. The interview was regular, met two managers, and they just looked busy. So the interview went fast.

Interview Question – Not really, everything normal. just chat about previous experience.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details – Had a first round interview on campus. It was pretty standard, behavioral questions, why BDO, etc. Scheduled a second round in house interview a couple weeks later. Met with five partners for about 30 minutes each. Again, the questions were mainly behavioral. Went to dinner with a group of associates afterward.

Interview Question – Describe a recent time when you learned and/or quick something new up quickly   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details – Everything you could expect from a public accounting interview. Interview with 3 managers/parters, office tour, and then a dinner with the office. Good interview process with a great firm!

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details – Was offered an on-campus interview. Went to Pre-Dinner interview prior night. My interviewee seemed to have very little interest in me. It seemed as if he had already made up his mind about me before the interview started. He seemed as if he just wanted the interview to be over because I was his last interview.

Interview Question – What do you feel you have learned from your current job that has prepped you for a job at BDO?   Answer Question

Fullerton, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2013.

Interview Details – Campus interview

Interview Question – One technical question, fairly easy, simple journal entries. Rest were personality/behavioral questions for different situations.   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details – The first round interview is on campus, and the second round is office visit. I haven't got feedback from the first round interview yet. The interview process is not difficult. All questions I got are related to my resume, and I didn't get behavioral question. The interviewer is pretty nice, and he left half the time to let me ask questions.

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BDO USA in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online through campus Career Services website. On campus interview was a 1-on-1 interview with a person from the firm. He was very easy to talk to. Interview was conversational.

Interview Question – If I can only remember one thing about you, what would it be?   Answer Question

Worked for BDO USA? Contribute to the Community!