BDO USA Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2015

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA in October 2008.

Interview

I interviewed with several partners and senior managers. They were all very nice and they treated me with respect. I really felt as though I jived with the firm. The few people that I wasn't quite sure about, i later came to really appreciate. I think that the firm is experiencing some growing pains, though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were working on a team that went really well?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you were working on a team and it didn't go so well?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BDO USA

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA in October 2011.

Interview

I got the interview from the Career Center in my school for the Summer Intern position. The interviewer was very friendly. I was asked about the reasons I chose accounting, my school, and why BDO. Other questions were about my work experiences, leadership skills, and knowledge about the company. In overall, it was a typical interview and you need to be well-prepared for it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your experience when working in a group project that did not run so well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

BDO, offered me an internship after a few rounds of interviews. I met with an HR representative on my campus and was later offered an opportunity at their New York Office. During the office interview I spoke with two different managers who told me a lot about their on experiences at the firm.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked many difficult questions. Just a normal scanning through of my resume for clarification.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process entailed a campus interview in which I met with a senior employee for a half hour. I was then asked back to complete a second interview within the Chicago office. The interview is very standard and the people within the office are very easy-going. Although I did not receive an offer within the position I originally applied for, I did receive an offer for an internship within a related area that I really enjoyed. I would definitely suggest working for this firm if an opportunity arises.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have dealt with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied through university, got 1st round interviews on campus. 2ND round interviews were in office, consisted of lunch with the professionals and then three 30 minute interviews. Basic questions, some behavioral. Overall a 1-1.5 month process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (Detroit, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

There was a campus interview and then an office visit with 3 interviews. Prepare lots of questions. They didn't really ask any hard questions, it was basically just a conversation.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Interview

This interview was very conversational compared to the big 4. there were not any behavioral questions and granted I was seeking an internship but the entire process in general was not as formal as other interviews. In fact, half of the interview was the intervewier talking about the company and basically trying to sell me on the comapany instead of the other way around.

Interview Questions

I had other offers from big 4.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

It started with pre-recruiting night, followed by a school interview with a manager, then an office interview with a two managers and a partner. There was an optional office event at a local restaurant. It is strongly encouraged to attend the pre-second round event.

Other offers.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview with a partner and a manager in the financial services audit department. The first interviewer mainly spoke about his own career track and what the intern training program was about. The second just opened up the conversation for my own questions and we had an interesting talk about some of the more recent regulatory trends in the financial services sector and how it has affected audit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you that I can't find on your resume   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA in April 2013.

Interview

Interviewed on campus with recruiter. Asked basic behavioral questions. Tell me about yourself.