BDO USA Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.8

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA.

I met some current employees from BDO at my school's career fairs over the course of two weeks or so. I applied online through campus recruiting both for my school and also on the BDO website. I got selected to come in for a first round interview which I was excited for. I had been in contact with one employee who was very encouraging and friendly. The tax manager was nice but didn't seem too interested or engaged.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of it was conversational, some more formal some more informal which was nice but it didn't give me the opportunity to showcase or even explain my skills and why I should be hired.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA.

BDO has a great culture. People are very friendly there and easy to talk to. The interviews were very conversational and you can tell that the professionals really want to get to know you. They also provide a pre-interview social/dinner before the campus interview so you will have the chance to meet the interviewer before you actually have the interview the next day.

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA.

Applied on campus career website. The first round interview was on campus with one of the partners. Very conversational, went over my resume, asked tons of questions about my interests, hobbies, allowed me to ask questions as well.
    Second interview was an office visit. 3 interviews. The interview with the director threw me off. She started by telling me she wanted to answer any questions I may have. It wound up on her talking about her children. Then interviewed with a manager and another person whose title I cannot remember.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a challenging situation as a team member, and how you handled it.   View Answer

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA.

Campus recruiting. About 30 mins interview with a manager or partner. Not difficult questions, just went over you resume and your background. Questions will be mostly about yourself and some behavioral questions like how to work in a team.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2014.

BDP required apply both on university career center website and their website online, and then I got the first interview on campus. And I also go to the Career EXPO talked with them and attend many networking.

Interview Questions
    • What's your future plan as an accountant?
      Do you know about BDO? Why you choose that?
        Answer Question

Interview for Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA in October 2014.

There are 2 rounds. The first round is on campus. In contrast to Big 4, the first round is focus on your skill/everything on your resume but not behavioral questions. Knowing your objectives and reasons to choose the field you want to work for are must-prepared answers.

Audit Senior Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BDO USA.

Phone interview with HR recruiter. Flew out for interview (my own expense). Interview with 2 partners. Very laid back interview. The partners were great. I really enjoyed the process.

How much do you want? They gave me more than the highest amount I wanted.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA.

The interview process was relatively easy. I applied through our college career center and heard back within a couple week. Next I had an on campus interview with the partner

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were easy and expected questions. Mainly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BDO USA.

Initial Phone interview, followed by face-to-face interviews with 5 people. Was told it would be individual interviews, but they decided to do a group interview, which worked out well in the end.

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BDO USA.

I was referred by a friend who already works for BDO. I interviewed with three people. The questions were more conversational. (Make sure you do your homework and come prepared to ask questions). I got an offer the next day and started two weeks after.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult-again it was more conversational.   Answer Question