BDO USA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

2.7

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was pretty simple. I was contacted by the recruiter for a phone screening. I was then asked to come in for an in-office interview. It seemed like I was going to get the job-the interviewer went as far to say I was exactly what they were looking for- but they dragged out giving me a response for about a month before actually emailing me back saying they don't think I am what they were looking for.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

I first interviewed over the phone and was then invited to come into the office for interviews. Upon first arriving, the firm did not have anyone at the reception that even knew I was scheduled for an interview; this should have tipped me off right away. I was interviewed by a few people at the firm and the interviews went quite well. However after a week, it seemed that I would not be receiving an offer. I politely sent a brief email requesting an update on my application status to the recruiter and never heard back. More than two months after my in person interviews, I received a standard form email saying that the position had been filled. It is incredibly unprofessional and rude to not follow up with candidates who took the time out of their day to come in and interview for hours. It shows a lack of respect for candidates and is the epitome of rudeness. While I understand that they apparently found someone who was a better fit, was it so much of an inconvenience to send me a follow up email that they couldn't find the one minute to update me?

Senior Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

I went through a phone interview with the firm's recruiter, who then set up an appointment with a director for another phone interview and I finally had a face-to-face interview with the office managing partner. Interviews were very casual, across the table discussions.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions about my past work experience (this was an experienced hire position). No curve balls.   Answer Question

Valuation Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and was given 2 Phone Interviews so far. I am still pending on the final round. The first interview was from New York main office and the questions were mainly about my previous valuation projects I have done in school. Talked about geographic location preference. The second interview was given by the San Francisco office. Talked about past projects in more detail. Asked basic questions such as WACC and other simple question that relates to future career directions.

Interview Questions

• My interest? Other field of interest? and geographic preference.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Interview

Very relaxed interview. Not a typical Q&A format that we so often encounter. More on a conversation level about work expectations, work life balance , and future goals. I saw myself asking more questions about the firm then my interviewer. Overall, it was a very smooth experience. The interview itself made me work this firm even more because of the interviewers I encountered.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

interview process was easy. Had phone conversation with recruiter then went to office for a on-site interview. Met with senior manager, director and partner. Talked about work experiences, expectations, etc.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

casual, behavioral question. Why tax or why bdo.Make sure to ask questions e.g What is the rotation policy or what kind of development programs are available for new hire.Interview with two managers and one partner.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY).

Interview

I came in right before my interview. They were very welcoming, and then sat me down in a conference room with a senior manager. I had two back to back interviews with two senior managers who were both super nice and very charismatic. The interview flowed easily and I was comfortable speaking with both interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why BDO? What I did at my previous job? Why did I want to go into auditing? What industry was I interested in in auditing? etc.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was invited for the office visit without any on-campus interview. I was first talked to 3 different staffs during the morning session. We had lunch afterwards. Then I was interviewed with 2 managers and a partner. It was a really casual conversation. They are very nice. I was comfortable with the whole interview process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview with a partner and a manager in the financial services audit department. The first interviewer mainly spoke about his own career track and what the intern training program was about. The second just opened up the conversation for my own questions and we had an interesting talk about some of the more recent regulatory trends in the financial services sector and how it has affected audit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you that I can't find on your resume   Answer Question