BDO USA

Updated Nov 9, 2014

2.7

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BDO USA in February 2008.

My interview with this company was the worst interview experience I ever had. The interview style was more like an interrogation than an interview. The interviewers were very concerned about why I was interested in leaving my present employer and thus focused the entire interview on that topic. At no time was I ever encouraged to join this organization. In fact, one interviewer went as far to tell me that I should stay where I was and not to take the job for which I was applying! I called the next day to withdraw my application.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to join us when you work at company X? You should really stay there.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in August 2011.

There is a maximum of two interview. There is a phone interview and an office interview. The office interview will consist of two to three interviews. Management is looking for software experience and the ability to work with office systems.

Interview Questions
    • What technical topic would you plan to improve for the coming year?   Answer Question
    I was a chump and accepted outright.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BDO USA in November 2012.

Applied online through campus Career Services website. On campus interview was a 1-on-1 interview with a person from the firm. He was very easy to talk to. Interview was conversational.

Interview Questions
    • If I can only remember one thing about you, what would it be?   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2012.

It started with a phone interview. I was then chosen for an on-site interview. I had to interview with five different people for thirty minutes each. All interviewers were top management, plus two partners.

When I got to the office, we were told dinner was cancelled because the staff was trying to meet a deadline.

You get really hungry after interviewing with five people.

From there I had to wait around three weeks before I got a decision.

Interview Questions
    • What type of training did you have at your last internship; did your learning style fit with it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation for internships.

Junior Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at BDO USA in June 2013.

Very tough interview. I didnt pass it even though I had a friend who recommended me. Ended up talking to 4 people- around 40 minutes with each person. They were telling me they train and were nice and friendly, but in the end- never hired me- For entry level! I am a very determined and smart person. Basically, I had a feeling they were either looking for super genius people or it was all just pretentious. I dont think that they strive for diversity.

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2010.

Recruit on campus or through networking. Interview is 4 30 minute interviews, with partners and managers. They take you to dinner after. Very approachable.

Pathway to Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA.

On campus one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think the professionals you met in the Networking events remember you?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Level I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BDO USA in February 2012.

the process was pretty straight forward and I was impressed with the way that they handled the entire process. I would recommended just being honest and straight forward with the interviewer and you will be just fine. All of the steps to the interview were straight forward and asked pretty direct questions. Good Luck!

none

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA.

I applied through a campus career office and got scheduled an interview. The night before the interview there was a dinner that BDO took all the scheduled interviewees to. The setting was relaxed and there was no push to really socialize, really just an event to make us relax and meet the 1 or 2 associates that are at your table. Standard campus interview of 30 min, the first question threw me off and got me nervous, effected the rest of my interview negatively. Its been over a week but no reply as to whats happening with my recruitment process.

Interview Questions
    • started with "tell me more about yourself" then straight onto "how many pc's are there in the US"   Answer Question

BDO USA Response

Nov 11, 2014CHIEF PEOPLE OFFICER

We would like to see you receive a more timely reaction to your interview and I have to agree the PC trivia question is a surprising one and not so helpful in determining the best candidates to join ... More

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2014.

I had an initial interview on campus with one of the partners. The interview was very casual and conversational, it lasted about thirty minutes. I heard back for second round three days later. I went into the office for the second round the following week where I was interviewed by two other partners from the firm.