BDO USA

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

2.7

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BDO USA.

First round interviews on Campus, and Final Round three back to back interviews with Partners and managers.

Interview Questions
    • Very unconventional questions, and relaxed interviews.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA.

Applied online through campus recruiting website and had a 30 minute on-campus interview. Interview was very informal and consisted of a few behavioral based questions. Interviewer wanted to hear my talk about myself and why I would be a good fit for the firm.

Intern Interview

This interview took place at my university. It was for a busy season internship during the spring semester of my senior year. I was interviewed by a partner, that spoke so highly of the firm and the people and the experiences that I knew I would accept an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your hardest class during school and why it was hard, and how you worked around it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

People were very kind and nice. I really enjoyed the whole process. Definitly apply for the internship. I really like it a lot. BDO is great and you should try to work for them.

Staff Interview

Very professional and overall a good experience.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BDO USA.

Submitted resume internally got a call from HR the same day asking for me to come for a interview at 8am. After interviewing with 2 partners had to come back for a second two days later at 8am again with another partner. Acouple hours later HR called and gave an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected just general conversation. Why tax? Future goals?   View Answer
    No negotiation good offer

Assurance Intern Interview

Did not ask me a single question besides tell me about yourself for the first round interview. Spent the entire 30 minutes talking about the benefits of BDO over a Big 4 firm. Come with questions prepared to ask too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA.

Very simple on campus interview, just behavioral stuff. Next in the office where a manager, senior manager and a partner interview you separately. Nothing new, no accounting competence questions, open ended stuff. They just want to make sure you can communicate effectively. Bethesda is one of their bigger offices so they do higher around 12 interns.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BDO USA.

Everything you could expect from a public accounting interview. Interview with 3 managers/parters, office tour, and then a dinner with the office. Good interview process with a great firm!

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BDO USA.

The overall process was very quick, which was a huge plus! I interviewed on campus and in the office a week later. I was made an offer that same day. Not a very difficult interview, it was mainly to determine if you fit in with the culture. Everyone that I have met, from the Associates to the Partners, were very outgoing, accommodating, and smart. I am very excited to start my career with BDO.

Interview Questions
    • Not a lot of difficult or unexpected questions. Make an effort to be yourself and relax. It was one of the most comfortable interviews I have ever been in. Ask questions as well, and find something in common with the interviewers. Remember, this is as much of an interview for them as it is for you. You want to find a firm that fits you, and a place you can see yourself working for long term.   Answer Question
    They were very accommodating. I had one more interview after they made the offer so they allowed me to take two weeks.