BDO USA Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 9, 2014
112 interviews

2.8

Tax Associate Interview

Contacted by a HR and scheduled with on-site interview. A tax manager interviewed with me and ask some behavioral and technical questions. The interviewer also test me on my resume. Make sure you are very familiar with the details you put on resume.

Assurance Intern Interview

Did not ask me a single question besides tell me about yourself for the first round interview. Spent the entire 30 minutes talking about the benefits of BDO over a Big 4 firm. Come with questions prepared to ask too.

Auduit Staff Interview

Got accepted to an on-campus interview, all conversational. The on-site interview was the exact same.

Audit Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BDO USA.

Was offered an on-campus interview. Went to Pre-Dinner interview prior night. My interviewee seemed to have very little interest in me. It seemed as if he had already made up his mind about me before the interview started. He seemed as if he just wanted the interview to be over because I was his last interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel you have learned from your current job that has prepped you for a job at BDO?   Answer Question

Staff Interview

Very professional and overall a good experience.

Audit Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BDO USA.

Applied online through campus recruiting website and had a 30 minute on-campus interview. Interview was very informal and consisted of a few behavioral based questions. Interviewer wanted to hear my talk about myself and why I would be a good fit for the firm.

Auditor Interview

Incompetent senior manager

Tax Associate Interview

Met with HR Manager as well as Tax Manager in a two step process. First step was on the phone. Second was at the firm with both persons listed above present.

Email with offer contract

Assurance Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at BDO USA.

I was referred by a friend who already works for BDO. I interviewed with three people. The questions were more conversational. (Make sure you do your homework and come prepared to ask questions). I got an offer the next day and started two weeks after.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult-again it was more conversational.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BDO USA.

The overall process was very quick, which was a huge plus! I interviewed on campus and in the office a week later. I was made an offer that same day. Not a very difficult interview, it was mainly to determine if you fit in with the culture. Everyone that I have met, from the Associates to the Partners, were very outgoing, accommodating, and smart. I am very excited to start my career with BDO.

Interview Questions
    • Not a lot of difficult or unexpected questions. Make an effort to be yourself and relax. It was one of the most comfortable interviews I have ever been in. Ask questions as well, and find something in common with the interviewers. Remember, this is as much of an interview for them as it is for you. You want to find a firm that fits you, and a place you can see yourself working for long term.   Answer Question
    They were very accommodating. I had one more interview after they made the offer so they allowed me to take two weeks.

Worked for BDO USA? Contribute to the Community!