BDO USA

Average Difficulty
112 candidate interviews

Assurance Associate Interview

Assurance Associate

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend who already works for BDO. I interviewed with three people. The questions were more conversational. (Make sure you do your homework and come prepared to ask questions). I got an offer the next day and started two weeks after.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult-again it was more conversational.   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2013.

Interview Details – Online application through campus career site.
On campus interview for UCSB- Pretty straight forward, walked through the resume that was turned in and asked why BDO. Seemed easy to talk with and really accommodating to my questions and interests.
On site interview in San Diego- Did not seem like they had expected me when I walked in. The interviews were pretty straight forward and also centered on my resume and behavioral questions. Went to lunch after with other associates and interviewed with three people individually.
Took a while to get back to me.

Interview Question – If you got the job right now and we told you in the future to start up a new company, what would you do? ( or something along those lines)   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate

Interviewed at BDO USA

Interview Details – Met with HR Manager as well as Tax Manager in a two step process. First step was on the phone. Second was at the firm with both persons listed above present.

Interview Question – How do I view myself in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Email with offer contract

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate

Interviewed at BDO USA

Interview Details – Contacted by a HR and scheduled with on-site interview. A tax manager interviewed with me and ask some behavioral and technical questions. The interviewer also test me on my resume. Make sure you are very familiar with the details you put on resume.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Audit

I interviewed at BDO USA in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through career website and got invited to the interview. There are two rounds of interview:

- The first round was on campus. It was pretty easy, just a couple questions about resume and pass experience.

- The second round was at office and consisted of 3 interviews with management people. Very conversational inteviews, just to get to know you.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2013.

Interview Details – Great company! Very friendly and accommodating. Enthusiastic culture. Although, BDO wants their candidates to come in knowing either tax or audit. They are not a middle market firm that will allow you to experience both.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at BDO USA in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a BDO recruiter who saw my LinkedIn profile. We started on a Monday with an informal phone conversation about the company and a little about the position. She indicated if I was interested I should submit a formal application, which I did the next day. A day later we had a formal phone interview which concluded with them letting me know there would most likely be a face to face interview scheduled soon.

I was contacted later asking if Thursday or Friday would work for a face to face interview (wow, they move fast). We actually scheduled it for Monday. That interview was a fairly straight forward interview with the hiring manager and one other analysts. It was conveyed they needed someone ASAP and I was asked how soon I could start and I informed them I'd need to give the standard 2 weeks notice. At the conclusion of that interview I was told they'd be in contact. A day or two later they wanted to schedule a second face to face, again with the hiring manager and more of his staff. They wanted to meet that Friday (again, it seemed to be going very fast) but we settled on Monday. That interview again was straight forward and I got the vibe that the position was basically mine. I was told they'd be in contact.

A week came and went and I heard nothing. I reached out to the BDO recruiter and was told due to some scheduling they needed more time and should learn something next week. Next week came and went and again I reached out. I was given a similar story about needing more time "to complete the process." I was told I was a "top candidate" and they asked for more time. Another week came and went and the communication with the recruiter repeated. Then another week came and went with the same story and I thought I was trapped in an episode of the Twilight Zone.

I wasn't looking for a job to begin with. They contacted me and when we initially discussed salary requirements I made it clear that to get me to leave my current position it would take a generous offer. After another week came and went and multiple attempts to contact the recruiter I finally sent an email to her saying I was withdrawing my name from consideration. Of course that email got an immediate response.

In the past dozen or so years I've held a handful of positions and a couple of those I've been offered the job within hours of the interview so to be strung along for 5 weeks without an answer was somewhat insulting. Especially given they made no attempt to stick to their "one more week" timeline or even to set real expectations of their "process." If this is how they run their interview process I'd hate to see how they run their company. If they want to recruit valuable employees, they should be treated as valuable candidates throughout the "process."

Interview Question – Why is a man hole cover round?   View Answer

Managing Director Interview

Managing Director
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details – Interviews included multiple rounds with partners and MDs. The main hiring manager did all the talking so all I did was listen and sound interested. No case studies, no brain teasers. This company has very lax hiring standards. Just dress well, look professional and act interested. You will get a job.

Negotiation Details – Very easy, this company is desperate for good talent, so you can ask for anything you like.

Audit Senior Interview

Audit Senior

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BDO USA in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and had a phone conversation with her. Just a brief run-through of my CV. I was then scheduled for another interview with a Senior Manager and Partner.

Interview Question – Its more of a conversation. Does not really feel like an interview.   Answer Question

Interviewed at BDO USA

Interview Details – There were two interviews held within about a month of each other; the second interview included lunch and an office visit. Each interview was about 30-45 minutes in length and there were plenty of opportunities to discuss questions. Interviewers were up front about travel requirements.

Interview Question – "Why do you want to do audit?"   Answer Question

Worked for BDO USA? Contribute to the Community!