BDO USA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

I first interviewed over the phone and was then invited to come into the office for interviews. Upon first arriving, the firm did not have anyone at the reception that even knew I was scheduled for an interview; this should have tipped me off right away. I was interviewed by a few people at the firm and the interviews went quite well. However after a week, it seemed that I would not be receiving an offer. I politely sent a brief email requesting an update on my application status to the recruiter and never heard back. More than two months after my in person interviews, I received a standard form email saying that the position had been filled. It is incredibly unprofessional and rude to not follow up with candidates who took the time out of their day to come in and interview for hours. It shows a lack of respect for candidates and is the epitome of rudeness. While I understand that they apparently found someone who was a better fit, was it so much of an inconvenience to send me a follow up email that they couldn't find the one minute to update me?

Experienced Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter, schedule an interview a week later, heard back within 2 weeks. I met with two people. The entire interview process with short and stress-free.

Interview Questions

• What hours did you work at your previous employer?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I was referred by an employment agency. I meet with my direct hiring manager about 3 times. The process took about three weeks. It was a positive experience as each meeting was more of a conversation than a test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in tax as just an administrative assistant?   1 Answer

Senior Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

I went through a phone interview with the firm's recruiter, who then set up an appointment with a director for another phone interview and I finally had a face-to-face interview with the office managing partner. Interviews were very casual, across the table discussions.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions about my past work experience (this was an experienced hire position). No curve balls.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BDO USA (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

casual, behavioral question. Why tax or why bdo.Make sure to ask questions e.g What is the rotation policy or what kind of development programs are available for new hire.Interview with two managers and one partner.

Assurance Associate Interview

Interview

Very relaxed interview. Not a typical Q&A format that we so often encounter. More on a conversation level about work expectations, work life balance , and future goals. I saw myself asking more questions about the firm then my interviewer. Overall, it was a very smooth experience. The interview itself made me work this firm even more because of the interviewers I encountered.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview with a partner and a manager in the financial services audit department. The first interviewer mainly spoke about his own career track and what the intern training program was about. The second just opened up the conversation for my own questions and we had an interesting talk about some of the more recent regulatory trends in the financial services sector and how it has affected audit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you that I can't find on your resume   Answer Question

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BDO USA (Memphis, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by a BDO recruiter via LinkedIn. There were a couple of telephone conversations to see if they wanted to continue moving forward in the process. This eventually led to a little "meet and greet" telephone conversation with one of the directors, who told me all about the company. Eventually this led to an in-person interview with the 2 directors. Most questions were very general. They were basically just trying to see if they could work with me 60+ hours per week. We also discussed transitioning from a small firm to a big firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Where have you worked previously? What types of work have you done, etc.?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Met with two Senior Managers. Very nice and friendly. We talked about the role and my past experiences, as well as why I liked tax. They made me an offer later the same day.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY).

Interview

I came in right before my interview. They were very welcoming, and then sat me down in a conference room with a senior manager. I had two back to back interviews with two senior managers who were both super nice and very charismatic. The interview flowed easily and I was comfortable speaking with both interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why BDO? What I did at my previous job? Why did I want to go into auditing? What industry was I interested in in auditing? etc.   Answer Question