BDO USA Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.8

Audit Associate Interview

There were two interviews held within about a month of each other; the second interview included lunch and an office visit. Each interview was about 30-45 minutes in length and there were plenty of opportunities to discuss questions. Interviewers were up front about travel requirements.

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BDO USA in February 2010.

I did an internship with the Firm during the second semester of my senior year. I came to the office for my interview with to partners at the time. They were very friendly and liked to talk about other topics outside of school.accounting.

Simple, I obtained a letter and I said yes

Audit Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BDO USA in November 2013.

Received a call from firm recruiter and set up an interview one week later. The interview was regular, met two managers, and they just looked busy. So the interview went fast.

Interview Questions
    • Not really, everything normal. just chat about previous experience.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at BDO USA in April 2014.

Very casual interview. Asked about my GPA and work experiences. Mainly talked about the company and why am I interested in tax. Also asked about future path.

Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BDO USA.

I submitted my resume on their website and they called me in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the blue, just the typical "tell me about your experience" and "why do you want to work here".   View Answer
    They called me up with the job offer, including pretty good compensation, so I was happy to accept.

Pathway to Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BDO USA.

On campus one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think the professionals you met in the Networking events remember you?   Answer Question

Assurance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2013.

This was a two step interview involving an on campus interview and an in person interview. The interviewer asked the usual questions but seemed terribly uninformed and kept talking over or trying to anticipate my answers when I would answer.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a difficult person to work with? What did you do?   Answer Question

I had a better offer with a Big 4 company.

Audit Associate Level I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BDO USA in February 2012.

the process was pretty straight forward and I was impressed with the way that they handled the entire process. I would recommended just being honest and straight forward with the interviewer and you will be just fine. All of the steps to the interview were straight forward and asked pretty direct questions. Good Luck!

none

Experienced Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at BDO USA in February 2013.

The hiring and interview process is very thorough, and there is a great need to "fit in" with the group that you are expected to join. You are interviewed by your future peers and senior management, as well as at least one partner. The interview process is used to get to know your background, personality, work ethic, and expectations.

Interview Questions
    • What interest rate would you use to apply to a working capital adjustment when performing a CPM analysis.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2010.

Recruit on campus or through networking. Interview is 4 30 minute interviews, with partners and managers. They take you to dinner after. Very approachable.