BDO USA

112 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BDO USA in November 2013.

Interview Details – Received a call from firm recruiter and set up an interview one week later. The interview was regular, met two managers, and they just looked busy. So the interview went fast.

Interview Question – Not really, everything normal. just chat about previous experience.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BDO USA in April 2014.

Interview Details – Very casual interview. Asked about my GPA and work experiences. Mainly talked about the company and why am I interested in tax. Also asked about future path.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in tax   Answer Question

Assurance Intern Interview

Assurance Intern
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume on their website and they called me in for an interview.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the blue, just the typical "tell me about your experience" and "why do you want to work here".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They called me up with the job offer, including pretty good compensation, so I was happy to accept.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pathway to Success Interview

Pathway to Success
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details – On campus one on one interview.

Interview Question – Do you think the professionals you met in the Networking events remember you?   Answer Question

Assurance Intern Interview

Assurance Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2013.

Interview Details – This was a two step interview involving an on campus interview and an in person interview. The interviewer asked the usual questions but seemed terribly uninformed and kept talking over or trying to anticipate my answers when I would answer.

Interview Question – Have you ever had a difficult person to work with? What did you do?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer with a Big 4 company.

Audit Associate Level I Interview

Audit Associate Level I
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BDO USA in February 2012.

Interview Details – the process was pretty straight forward and I was impressed with the way that they handled the entire process. I would recommended just being honest and straight forward with the interviewer and you will be just fine. All of the steps to the interview were straight forward and asked pretty direct questions. Good Luck!

Interview Question – Tell me about your weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Experienced Senior Associate Interview

Experienced Senior Associate
New York, NY

I interviewed at BDO USA in February 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process is very thorough, and there is a great need to "fit in" with the group that you are expected to join. You are interviewed by your future peers and senior management, as well as at least one partner. The interview process is used to get to know your background, personality, work ethic, and expectations.

Interview Question – What interest rate would you use to apply to a working capital adjustment when performing a CPM analysis.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Assurance Associate
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2010.

Interview Details – Recruit on campus or through networking. Interview is 4 30 minute interviews, with partners and managers. They take you to dinner after. Very approachable.

Interview Question – Technical scenario   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details – Had a first round interview on campus. It was pretty standard, behavioral questions, why BDO, etc. Scheduled a second round in house interview a couple weeks later. Met with five partners for about 30 minutes each. Again, the questions were mainly behavioral. Went to dinner with a group of associates afterward.

Interview Question – Describe a recent time when you learned and/or quick something new up quickly   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very straightforward with three interviews and a final offer.

Interview Question – One interviewer did not ask me any questions at all about myself. He simply said "what do you want to know about the firm?" and I had to come up with questions for 30 minutes.   Answer Question