BDO USA

Updated Dec 5, 2014
Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.7

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2014.

I had an initial interview on campus with one of the partners. The interview was very casual and conversational, it lasted about thirty minutes. I heard back for second round three days later. I went into the office for the second round the following week where I was interviewed by two other partners from the firm.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2014.

I did the career fair at my school. Then received on campus interviews for the next week. It was straight forward just went over the resume nothing too unexpected. I asked questions it went well and was welcomed back for a second round of interviews with partners.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA in October 2014.

There was a campus interview and then an office visit with 3 interviews. Prepare lots of questions. They didn't really ask any hard questions, it was basically just a conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2014.

I applied via career website of my university by submitting resume, and also applying via their website. I was selected for the on-campus interview. After that, I received a message within a week that I was invited for an office interview. There were three interviews with partner and managers back-to-back, all one-on-one. It sounds like nerve-taking but the flow of the conversation was smooth, and it was more like walk-through with my resume, my past experiences, my strengths and weaknesses, and my goals etc. There was a lunch session with the audit associates after interviews, which was more relaxed and friendly. I got the verbal confirmation within three hours after all these were done.

Interview Questions
    • "What are your weaknesses?" was the most difficult but not so unexpected question. I would recommend everyone to be prepared to answer this question before any interview.   View Answer
    It was easy, because they had pre-set standards on what pay and perks you get at an associate level. They tell you everything and it's like take-it-or-not situation. I am happy because I got what I expected.

Audit Senior Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BDO USA.

Phone interview with HR recruiter. Flew out for interview (my own expense). Interview with 2 partners. Very laid back interview. The partners were great. I really enjoyed the process.

How much do you want? They gave me more than the highest amount I wanted.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA.

The interview process was relatively easy. I applied through our college career center and heard back within a couple week. Next I had an on campus interview with the partner

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were easy and expected questions. Mainly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BDO USA.

Initial Phone interview, followed by face-to-face interviews with 5 people. Was told it would be individual interviews, but they decided to do a group interview, which worked out well in the end.

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA in September 2014.

Applied online through school website and got accepted for an on-campus interview. The interview was very conversational with general interview questions like, what is your greatest accomplishment, greatest strength, etc. It was a very simple interview and the person was very nice. They said they would contact me in a week for another interview and I never heard anything back from them. I know people that were contacted in a few days while I never heard anything. It was extremely unprofessional of them to do it especially after I tried to contact them to ask about it. I know someone that had their interview cancelled last minute which shows you how dysfunctional they are with this whole process.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in September 2014.

Selected for an on-campus interview and went to the pre-interview mixer at a local restaurant. The actual interview was very conversational; it seemed like the interviewer was trying to sell the company to me instead of the other way around. The interviewer called me the next day asking to do a second round interview at their local office.
    For the second interview, the company took all of the candidates interviewing that day out for lunch, and then came back and had interviews with various tax managers. The interviews were pretty basic with standard interview questions.
    I got a call back a week later with an offer. Very happy with the process!

N/A

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BDO USA.

I was referred by a friend who already works for BDO. I interviewed with three people. The questions were more conversational. (Make sure you do your homework and come prepared to ask questions). I got an offer the next day and started two weeks after.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult-again it was more conversational.   Answer Question