BDO USA

109 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details – The overall process was very quick, which was a huge plus! I interviewed on campus and in the office a week later. I was made an offer that same day. Not a very difficult interview, it was mainly to determine if you fit in with the culture. Everyone that I have met, from the Associates to the Partners, were very outgoing, accommodating, and smart. I am very excited to start my career with BDO.

Interview Question – Not a lot of difficult or unexpected questions. Make an effort to be yourself and relax. It was one of the most comfortable interviews I have ever been in. Ask questions as well, and find something in common with the interviewers. Remember, this is as much of an interview for them as it is for you. You want to find a firm that fits you, and a place you can see yourself working for long term.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were very accommodating. I had one more interview after they made the offer so they allowed me to take two weeks.

Audit Associate

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details – Everything you could expect from a public accounting interview. Interview with 3 managers/parters, office tour, and then a dinner with the office. Good interview process with a great firm!

Assurance Associate Interview

Assurance Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2013.

Interview Details – Like other big accounting firms recruiting process. I had one on-campus interview and one in-house interview.
The on-campus interview was more focus on my past internship experience and educational background. Question: What the difference between your first and second internship? What's the major difference you have found between your last internship and at school? How do you deal with am teammate who didn't perform his/her responsibility?
The in-house interview started with the brief background of the company's culture and value. The recruiter explained the agenda of the day. I was interviewed by two interviewers, one is a director and the other is a manager. The key of this interview is show them yourself and be conformable. The first interviewer was very aggressive of asking me lots of questions. The second interviewer was lay back and asked me to ask he question first.

Interview Question – How do you deal with am teammate who didn't perform his/her responsibility? If the particular team members didn't have the ability, what will do?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details – Was offered an on-campus interview. Went to Pre-Dinner interview prior night. My interviewee seemed to have very little interest in me. It seemed as if he had already made up his mind about me before the interview started. He seemed as if he just wanted the interview to be over because I was his last interview.

Interview Question – What do you feel you have learned from your current job that has prepped you for a job at BDO?   Answer Question

Auduit Staff Interview

Auduit Staff

Interviewed at BDO USA

Interview Details – Got accepted to an on-campus interview, all conversational. The on-site interview was the exact same.

Interview Question – None, resume rundown   Answer Question

Pathway's to Success SLP Interview

Pathway's to Success SLP
Miami, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details – Applied through my university's career resource website. I was setup with an interview on campus shortly after. Interview was pretty straightforward with a lot of conversation and very little questions. About a few weeks later I was notified through a phone call that I was selected to attend their SLP in Chicago.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you took a chance in school or in the workplace?   Answer Question

Fullerton, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2013.

Interview Details – Campus interview

Interview Question – One technical question, fairly easy, simple journal entries. Rest were personality/behavioral questions for different situations.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details – It is an on campus interview and the interview process is smooth and normal. There is no difficult question. The interviewer is friendly and easy to talk with, even though he has a high position in the firm. There is no difficult or unexpected question. Self-introduction. Time-management, strength and weakness.

Interview Question – There is no difficult question. The time-management one is kinda unexpected.   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details – The first round interview is on campus, and the second round is office visit. I haven't got feedback from the first round interview yet. The interview process is not difficult. All questions I got are related to my resume, and I didn't get behavioral question. The interviewer is pretty nice, and he left half the time to let me ask questions.

Senior Tax Associate Interview

Senior Tax Associate
McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BDO USA in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted directly through LinkedIn by a recruiter for a position in their Int'l Tax department. Phone interview with recruiter and in-person interview with the Senior Manager & Partner

Interview Question – Some technical questions, mostly trying to see if we could work with each other 60+ hours a week.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – BDO insisted they had workplace flexibility, "We're not like other Big 4" type - when it came down to it, it was mandatory 60+ hour workweeks, Saturday & Sunday, etc. Thankfully the manager was honest and told me this during the interview. I think long hours are expected in public accounting but the firm made themselves out to be something they weren't, all the way through until the interview.