BDO USA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2015
Updated Mar 10, 2015

2.7

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA.

I met some current employees from BDO at my school's career fairs over the course of two weeks or so. I applied online through campus recruiting both for my school and also on the BDO website. I got selected to come in for a first round interview which I was excited for. I had been in contact with one employee who was very encouraging and friendly. The tax manager was nice but didn't seem too interested or engaged.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of it was conversational, some more formal some more informal which was nice but it didn't give me the opportunity to showcase or even explain my skills and why I should be hired.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA.

BDO has a great culture. People are very friendly there and easy to talk to. The interviews were very conversational and you can tell that the professionals really want to get to know you. They also provide a pre-interview social/dinner before the campus interview so you will have the chance to meet the interviewer before you actually have the interview the next day.

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA.

Applied on campus career website. The first round interview was on campus with one of the partners. Very conversational, went over my resume, asked tons of questions about my interests, hobbies, allowed me to ask questions as well.
    Second interview was an office visit. 3 interviews. The interview with the director threw me off. She started by telling me she wanted to answer any questions I may have. It wound up on her talking about her children. Then interviewed with a manager and another person whose title I cannot remember.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a challenging situation as a team member, and how you handled it.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2014.

This was for the Dallas office. The process started with me submitting my resume to my colleges career website for the possibility to be considered for an interview that was held on campus. After getting picked for the interview I had a 30 minute interview with one of their senior managers from their Dallas office(where I applied for). This was actually a really different kind of interview for me. It was a really laid back experience and the guy who interviewed me actually started off the interview saying "so what questions do you have for me" I heard back 2 days later that I had been selected for an in office interview that was going to be held 2 weeks from my campus interview. We were given the option of choosing from two different times to start the interview. The office interview consisted of three 30 minute interviews. Two of them were with senior managers and then last one was with a partner. All of the interviews were very casual. Each one asked why I was choosing accounting. The interview with the partner was the most interview like. After the three interviews we went to lunch with two audit associates with two others interviewers. It was a pleasant day. They said they would get back within two weeks with the job offer or not. They got back to me by the end of the day with an offer and I was given to weeks to decide.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to go into accounting?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to go into auditing?   Answer Question
    • Why BDO!?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest strength and then weakness?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were in a group situation and you were a leader and things turned out well, and then tell me about a group situation where things did not go well and how you over came that?   Answer Question
    The offer was very competitive and comparable to what the big four would even offer. So because I am just coming out of college and it was well over what I was expecting, there was no need to negotiate.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA.

Campus recruiting. About 30 mins interview with a manager or partner. Not difficult questions, just went over you resume and your background. Questions will be mostly about yourself and some behavioral questions like how to work in a team.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2014.

BDP required apply both on university career center website and their website online, and then I got the first interview on campus. And I also go to the Career EXPO talked with them and attend many networking.

Interview Questions
    • What's your future plan as an accountant?
      Do you know about BDO? Why you choose that?

Answer Question

Interview for Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA in October 2014.

There are 2 rounds. The first round is on campus. In contrast to Big 4, the first round is focus on your skill/everything on your resume but not behavioral questions. Knowing your objectives and reasons to choose the field you want to work for are must-prepared answers.

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2014.

I applied through the campus recruiting system. Got a first round interview. Very easy interview; the partner just sat back and chatted informally about what the atmosphere at his office was like. He wasn't overly receptive to good questions or any of that; it was mainly just a one-way monologue about his office. Told me they would get back to us by the end of the following week. Never happened; they just left me hanging and did their second rounds and made their offers. I thought that was very discourteous, especially after he personally assured me they would let me know one way or the other.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2014.

I had an initial interview on campus with one of the partners. The interview was very casual and conversational, it lasted about thirty minutes. I heard back for second round three days later. I went into the office for the second round the following week where I was interviewed by two other partners from the firm.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2014.

I did the career fair at my school. Then received on campus interviews for the next week. It was straight forward just went over the resume nothing too unexpected. I asked questions it went well and was welcomed back for a second round of interviews with partners.