BDO USA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate
Pitt, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BDO USA in February 2012.

Interview Details – I did not have an interview experience. I was hired from a firm they were working with.

Interview Question – What type of animal would you like to be and why?   View Answer

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern
Bethesda, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2013.

Interview Details – I had an on-campus interview with a partner and it was overall very smooth and conversational. Within the same day, I got an offer for the office-visit interview. There were three interviewers and they were all nice and friendly, no unexpected questions. Everyone else in the office was all very welcoming and approachable, which made me feel relaxed before and in-between the interviews.

Interview Question – Not in particular. Just be ready to talk about yourself and be confident.   Answer Question

Tax Internship Interview

Tax Internship

Interviewed at BDO USA

Interview Details – The first round interview was on campus. I interview with a partner at the firm. I was then invited to a second round interview in the office. The in office interview was with another partner, a senior associate and with a manager.

Interview Question – Why did you choose tax?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details – The overall process was very quick, which was a huge plus! I interviewed on campus and in the office a week later. I was made an offer that same day. Not a very difficult interview, it was mainly to determine if you fit in with the culture. Everyone that I have met, from the Associates to the Partners, were very outgoing, accommodating, and smart. I am very excited to start my career with BDO.

Interview Question – Not a lot of difficult or unexpected questions. Make an effort to be yourself and relax. It was one of the most comfortable interviews I have ever been in. Ask questions as well, and find something in common with the interviewers. Remember, this is as much of an interview for them as it is for you. You want to find a firm that fits you, and a place you can see yourself working for long term.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were very accommodating. I had one more interview after they made the offer so they allowed me to take two weeks.

Audit Associate

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details – Everything you could expect from a public accounting interview. Interview with 3 managers/parters, office tour, and then a dinner with the office. Good interview process with a great firm!

Assurance Associate Interview

Assurance Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2013.

Interview Details – Like other big accounting firms recruiting process. I had one on-campus interview and one in-house interview.
The on-campus interview was more focus on my past internship experience and educational background. Question: What the difference between your first and second internship? What's the major difference you have found between your last internship and at school? How do you deal with am teammate who didn't perform his/her responsibility?
The in-house interview started with the brief background of the company's culture and value. The recruiter explained the agenda of the day. I was interviewed by two interviewers, one is a director and the other is a manager. The key of this interview is show them yourself and be conformable. The first interviewer was very aggressive of asking me lots of questions. The second interviewer was lay back and asked me to ask he question first.

Interview Question – How do you deal with am teammate who didn't perform his/her responsibility? If the particular team members didn't have the ability, what will do?   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details – Was offered an on-campus interview. Went to Pre-Dinner interview prior night. My interviewee seemed to have very little interest in me. It seemed as if he had already made up his mind about me before the interview started. He seemed as if he just wanted the interview to be over because I was his last interview.

Interview Question – What do you feel you have learned from your current job that has prepped you for a job at BDO?   Answer Question

Auduit Staff Interview

Auduit Staff

Interviewed at BDO USA

Interview Details – Got accepted to an on-campus interview, all conversational. The on-site interview was the exact same.

Interview Question – None, resume rundown   Answer Question

Pathway's to Success SLP Interview

Pathway's to Success SLP
Miami, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details – Applied through my university's career resource website. I was setup with an interview on campus shortly after. Interview was pretty straightforward with a lot of conversation and very little questions. About a few weeks later I was notified through a phone call that I was selected to attend their SLP in Chicago.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you took a chance in school or in the workplace?   Answer Question

Fullerton, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2013.

Interview Details – Campus interview

Interview Question – One technical question, fairly easy, simple journal entries. Rest were personality/behavioral questions for different situations.   Answer Question