BDO USA Interview Questions

2.8

Pathway's to Success SLP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BDO USA.

Applied through my university's career resource website. I was setup with an interview on campus shortly after. Interview was pretty straightforward with a lot of conversation and very little questions. About a few weeks later I was notified through a phone call that I was selected to attend their SLP in Chicago.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you took a chance in school or in the workplace?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fullerton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2013.

Campus interview

Interview Questions
    • One technical question, fairly easy, simple journal entries. Rest were personality/behavioral questions for different situations.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BDO USA.

It is an on campus interview and the interview process is smooth and normal. There is no difficult question. The interviewer is friendly and easy to talk with, even though he has a high position in the firm. There is no difficult or unexpected question. Self-introduction. Time-management, strength and weakness.

Interview Questions
    • There is no difficult question. The time-management one is kinda unexpected.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BDO USA.

The first round interview is on campus, and the second round is office visit. I haven't got feedback from the first round interview yet. The interview process is not difficult. All questions I got are related to my resume, and I didn't get behavioral question. The interviewer is pretty nice, and he left half the time to let me ask questions.

Senior Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BDO USA in September 2013.

I was contacted directly through LinkedIn by a recruiter for a position in their Int'l Tax department. Phone interview with recruiter and in-person interview with the Senior Manager & Partner

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions, mostly trying to see if we could work with each other 60+ hours a week.   Answer Question

BDO insisted they had workplace flexibility, "We're not like other Big 4" type - when it came down to it, it was mandatory 60+ hour workweeks, Saturday & Sunday, etc. Thankfully the manager was honest and told me this during the interview. I think long hours are expected in public accounting but the firm made themselves out to be something they weren't, all the way through until the interview.

Auditor Interview

Incompetent senior manager

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BDO USA in September 2013.

Consisted of one interview with multiple partners.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BDO USA in August 2013.

BDO, offered me an internship after a few rounds of interviews. I met with an HR representative on my campus and was later offered an opportunity at their New York Office. During the office interview I spoke with two different managers who told me a lot about their on experiences at the firm.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't asked many difficult questions. Just a normal scanning through of my resume for clarification.   Answer Question

Junior Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at BDO USA in June 2013.

Very tough interview. I didnt pass it even though I had a friend who recommended me. Ended up talking to 4 people- around 40 minutes with each person. They were telling me they train and were nice and friendly, but in the end- never hired me- For entry level! I am a very determined and smart person. Basically, I had a feeling they were either looking for super genius people or it was all just pretentious. I dont think that they strive for diversity.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BDO USA in April 2013.

Interviewed on campus with recruiter. Asked basic behavioral questions. Tell me about yourself.