BDO USA

2.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BDO USA.

Initial Phone interview, followed by face-to-face interviews with 5 people. Was told it would be individual interviews, but they decided to do a group interview, which worked out well in the end.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in September 2014.

Selected for an on-campus interview and went to the pre-interview mixer at a local restaurant. The actual interview was very conversational; it seemed like the interviewer was trying to sell the company to me instead of the other way around. The interviewer called me the next day asking to do a second round interview at their local office.
    For the second interview, the company took all of the candidates interviewing that day out for lunch, and then came back and had interviews with various tax managers. The interviews were pretty basic with standard interview questions.
    I got a call back a week later with an offer. Very happy with the process!

N/A

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BDO USA.

Interviews included multiple rounds with partners and MDs. The main hiring manager did all the talking so all I did was listen and sound interested. No case studies, no brain teasers. This company has very lax hiring standards. Just dress well, look professional and act interested. You will get a job.

Very easy, this company is desperate for good talent, so you can ask for anything you like.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in August 2013.

BDO, offered me an internship after a few rounds of interviews. I met with an HR representative on my campus and was later offered an opportunity at their New York Office. During the office interview I spoke with two different managers who told me a lot about their on experiences at the firm.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't asked many difficult questions. Just a normal scanning through of my resume for clarification.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA.

This interview process was long. I was contacted by a recruiter by phone, then had another phone call from the director in the area. After the second phone call, I had an in office interview with an associate and manager, then four more phone calls by various team members.

Interview Questions
    • not too many of these, basic questions in the field. there were a lot of questions regarding my personality and character.   Answer Question
    got two offers at once, this one and one from emblemhealth. i contacted bdo's hr and the lady told me to wait for a number to come in. it came in, it was much higher than my original offer. thanks bdo!

Junior Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at BDO USA in June 2013.

Very tough interview. I didnt pass it even though I had a friend who recommended me. Ended up talking to 4 people- around 40 minutes with each person. They were telling me they train and were nice and friendly, but in the end- never hired me- For entry level! I am a very determined and smart person. Basically, I had a feeling they were either looking for super genius people or it was all just pretentious. I dont think that they strive for diversity.

Experienced Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at BDO USA in February 2013.

The hiring and interview process is very thorough, and there is a great need to "fit in" with the group that you are expected to join. You are interviewed by your future peers and senior management, as well as at least one partner. The interview process is used to get to know your background, personality, work ethic, and expectations.

Interview Questions
    • What interest rate would you use to apply to a working capital adjustment when performing a CPM analysis.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at BDO USA in December 2012.

Sent my resume through the BDO Career website and received a call one week after for a phone interview with the Recruiter Manager. Phone interview lasted around 20 minutes and was basically asking questions about my overall experience in tax. The recruiter focused in questioning the gaps of my resume.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BDO USA.

2 office interviews. Fairly brief and straightforward process. Was asked about experiences at prior firm, including familiarity with certain technical methods and different types of projects. Disccussed the practice within the firm, the role, and what they were looking for in a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you failed at something and how you reacted to and dealt with it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BDO USA in August 2012.

Very thorough, three back to back interviews