BDO USA Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Associate Interview

Behavioral interview. Very casual and didn't ask any technical accounting questions from class. Interviewer gave the feeling that they had already found a hire and wasn't planning to hiring me anyway.

Interview Questions
  • Rarely asked questions. I spent more time asking questions and interviewer just talked and gave answers.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BDO USA

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA.

I met some current employees from BDO at my school's career fairs over the course of two weeks or so. I applied online through campus recruiting both for my school and also on the BDO website. I got selected to come in for a first round interview which I was excited for. I had been in contact with one employee who was very encouraging and friendly. The tax manager was nice but didn't seem too interested or engaged.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of it was conversational, some more formal some more informal which was nice but it didn't give me the opportunity to showcase or even explain my skills and why I should be hired.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA.

Campus recruiting. About 30 mins interview with a manager or partner. Not difficult questions, just went over you resume and your background. Questions will be mostly about yourself and some behavioral questions like how to work in a team.

Tax Associate Interview

Met with HR Manager as well as Tax Manager in a two step process. First step was on the phone. Second was at the firm with both persons listed above present.

Email with offer contract

Tax Associate Interview

Contacted by a HR and scheduled with on-site interview. A tax manager interviewed with me and ask some behavioral and technical questions. The interviewer also test me on my resume. Make sure you are very familiar with the details you put on resume.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BDO USA.

The overall process was very quick, which was a huge plus! I interviewed on campus and in the office a week later. I was made an offer that same day. Not a very difficult interview, it was mainly to determine if you fit in with the culture. Everyone that I have met, from the Associates to the Partners, were very outgoing, accommodating, and smart. I am very excited to start my career with BDO.

Interview Questions
    • Not a lot of difficult or unexpected questions. Make an effort to be yourself and relax. It was one of the most comfortable interviews I have ever been in. Ask questions as well, and find something in common with the interviewers. Remember, this is as much of an interview for them as it is for you. You want to find a firm that fits you, and a place you can see yourself working for long term.   Answer Question
    They were very accommodating. I had one more interview after they made the offer so they allowed me to take two weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA.

This interview process was long. I was contacted by a recruiter by phone, then had another phone call from the director in the area. After the second phone call, I had an in office interview with an associate and manager, then four more phone calls by various team members.

Interview Questions
    • not too many of these, basic questions in the field. there were a lot of questions regarding my personality and character.   Answer Question
    got two offers at once, this one and one from emblemhealth. i contacted bdo's hr and the lady told me to wait for a number to come in. it came in, it was much higher than my original offer. thanks bdo!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at BDO USA in December 2012.

Sent my resume through the BDO Career website and received a call one week after for a phone interview with the Recruiter Manager. Phone interview lasted around 20 minutes and was basically asking questions about my overall experience in tax. The recruiter focused in questioning the gaps of my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BDO USA in October 2010.

Bad. Interviewer never seemed interested in hiring anybody. Just wanted to get done with interviewing process and go home.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in July 2009.

It was an overall good experience. They asked pretty standard questions and were quite nice during the whole process.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much of one.