BDO USA Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.9

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Interview Questions

• HR interview with behavioral questions - moderate. Most of the decision making in the hiring process is of course done by the partners. Easy interview with two partners partners and other senior staff. In-person interview with invitation to lunch.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BDO USA

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Got an interview through employee referral. I had three 1 on 1 interviews with managers and partners in one morning. Each interview lasted for 30 minutes. Questions are very conversational and easy. I had lunch with associates after interview. No technical questions. I heard from them in the same week.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA in November 2014.

Interview

Campus Hiring. First round is on-campus interview with a senior manager. No difficult questions. The interviewer was really want to get to know me. I got the 2nd round notice in the following week. In-house interview with a partner, a senior manager, an associate. Got the offer 1 week later.

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

Behavioral interview. Very casual and didn't ask any technical accounting questions from class. Interviewer gave the feeling that they had already found a hire and wasn't planning to hiring me anyway.

Interview Questions

• Rarely asked questions. I spent more time asking questions and interviewer just talked and gave answers.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

I met some current employees from BDO at my school's career fairs over the course of two weeks or so. I applied online through campus recruiting both for my school and also on the BDO website. I got selected to come in for a first round interview which I was excited for. I had been in contact with one employee who was very encouraging and friendly. The tax manager was nice but didn't seem too interested or engaged.

Interview Questions

• A lot of it was conversational, some more formal some more informal which was nice but it didn't give me the opportunity to showcase or even explain my skills and why I should be hired.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Campus recruiting. About 30 mins interview with a manager or partner. Not difficult questions, just went over you resume and your background. Questions will be mostly about yourself and some behavioral questions like how to work in a team.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA in October 2014.

Interview

I had an initial interview on campus with one of the partners. The interview was very casual and conversational, it lasted about thirty minutes. I heard back for second round three days later. I went into the office for the second round the following week where I was interviewed by two other partners from the firm.

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

Met with HR Manager as well as Tax Manager in a two step process. First step was on the phone. Second was at the firm with both persons listed above present.

Interview Questions

• How do I view myself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Email with offer contract

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

Contacted by a HR and scheduled with on-site interview. A tax manager interviewed with me and ask some behavioral and technical questions. The interviewer also test me on my resume. Make sure you are very familiar with the details you put on resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very efficient. The HR manager contacted me to schedule a phone interview. One week later the in-person interview was scheduled. HR manager was very helpful and called me back after the first in-person interview to get the feedback.