BDO USA

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details – The overall process was very quick, which was a huge plus! I interviewed on campus and in the office a week later. I was made an offer that same day. Not a very difficult interview, it was mainly to determine if you fit in with the culture. Everyone that I have met, from the Associates to the Partners, were very outgoing, accommodating, and smart. I am very excited to start my career with BDO.

Interview Question – Not a lot of difficult or unexpected questions. Make an effort to be yourself and relax. It was one of the most comfortable interviews I have ever been in. Ask questions as well, and find something in common with the interviewers. Remember, this is as much of an interview for them as it is for you. You want to find a firm that fits you, and a place you can see yourself working for long term.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were very accommodating. I had one more interview after they made the offer so they allowed me to take two weeks.

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BDO USA in July 2009.

Interview Details – It was an overall good experience. They asked pretty standard questions and were quite nice during the whole process.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of one.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details – This interview process was long. I was contacted by a recruiter by phone, then had another phone call from the director in the area. After the second phone call, I had an in office interview with an associate and manager, then four more phone calls by various team members.

Interview Question – not too many of these, basic questions in the field. there were a lot of questions regarding my personality and character.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – got two offers at once, this one and one from emblemhealth. i contacted bdo's hr and the lady told me to wait for a number to come in. it came in, it was much higher than my original offer. thanks bdo!

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at BDO USA in December 2012.

Interview Details – Sent my resume through the BDO Career website and received a call one week after for a phone interview with the Recruiter Manager. Phone interview lasted around 20 minutes and was basically asking questions about my overall experience in tax. The recruiter focused in questioning the gaps of my resume.

Interview Questions

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2010.

Interview Details – Bad. Interviewer never seemed interested in hiring anybody. Just wanted to get done with interviewing process and go home.

Interview Question – What you want to talk about?   Answer Question

Tax Associate

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details – Submitted resume internally got a call from HR the same day asking for me to come for a interview at 8am. After interviewing with 2 partners had to come back for a second two days later at 8am again with another partner. Acouple hours later HR called and gave an offer.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected just general conversation. Why tax? Future goals?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation good offer

Tax Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview Details – First round interviews on Campus, and Final Round three back to back interviews with Partners and managers.

Interview Question – Very unconventional questions, and relaxed interviews.   Answer Question

Tax Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BDO USA in October 2010.

Interview Details – I did a first round interview with BDO through my college's career center. The guy who interviewed me is a senior manager at the LA office I'm applying for. He asked me questions like: Tell me about yourself. What do you know about BDO's LA office. Why tax. and ect. The interview process was very casual. I got a call from the recruiter 1 week later for an in-house interview.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at BDO USA

Worked for BDO USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BDO USA Tax Associate interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by BDO USA employees and interview candidates.