BDO USA Tax Intern Interview Questions

Tax Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA in April 2014.

Interview

Very casual interview. Asked about my GPA and work experiences. Mainly talked about the company and why am I interested in tax. Also asked about future path.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BDO USA

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Two interviews and lunch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Miami, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

Started out with dropping my resume off at career fair. Received a phone call the same day to set up an interview within the week. The first round of interview was very basic. Mainly conversational. After I received a phone call to go to the office. The office visit was very pleasant. It consisted of three interviews. One partner and two managers. Partner interview was just a conversation. One manger interview was about my resume. The other manager interview was behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

It started with a phone interview. I was then chosen for an on-site interview. I had to interview with five different people for thirty minutes each. All interviewers were top management, plus two partners. When I got to the office, we were told dinner was cancelled because the staff was trying to meet a deadline. You get really hungry after interviewing with five people. From there I had to wait around three weeks before I got a decision.

Interview Questions

• What type of training did you have at your last internship; did your learning style fit with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for internships.

Tax Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA in November 2010.

Interview

I did not follow the normal structure of campus recruiting for internships, as I directly kept in touch with various recruiters at the firm. Recruiters at BDO are a lot more receptive then most recruiters at comparable mid-size firms and the Big 4, as a majority of the time you are either contacted couple months later or never. A phone interview was conducted first which lasted around 20-30 minutes, and then an office interview was scheduled, which I met with 1 partner, 1 senior manager, and 1 HR manager. The interview mainly reviewed my past experience and education, and why I wanted to work for BDO.