BDO USA Tax Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BDO USA (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

casual, behavioral question. Why tax or why bdo.Make sure to ask questions e.g What is the rotation policy or what kind of development programs are available for new hire.Interview with two managers and one partner.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BDO USA

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was invited for the office visit without any on-campus interview. I was first talked to 3 different staffs during the morning session. We had lunch afterwards. Then I was interviewed with 2 managers and a partner. It was a really casual conversation. They are very nice. I was comfortable with the whole interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

The on-campus interview was very laid back, and the interviewer asked general questions about my resume. The second round on-site interview had me interview with 3 people (1 manager and 2 partners) individually followed by lunch and a tour of the office.

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Gave them my resume at campus career fair. Followed up and earned an on campus interview. Interviewed with 1 tax manager. Asked me a few basic questions, nothing caught me off guard. Talked about himself and the company most of the time, which was both informative and a little relieving. In fact, I thought I had a bad interview because I barely got to "sell myself" to him and the firm. But, a couple days later they made me a generous offer.

Negotiation

Did not bother even trying to negotiate, the offer was very generous.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my university's job site, and then was contacted by BDO's HR. The HR girl called me and had a 30 minute phone interview. She said she would love for me to come in for an interview but I have to formally apply on BDO's website. A couple days later I formally applied through their website and on the same day I did the app the HR girl set up my interviews. I was scheduled two days later to meet with three people for interviews. It was the senior manager, the manager, and an associate. All three of them were nice and not that scary for a public accounting firm. I felt like I connected with all three of them and that they liked me. I was there for about 1.5 hours. The next day I received a job offer from the HR girl. It was a quicky and easy process!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating since they offered to pay me more than I expected.

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Had an on campus interview first which lasted for 30 mins. i was then invited to the office for 3 interviews with partners and managers and had lunch. The interviews were pretty conversational

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

BDP required apply both on university career center website and their website online, and then I got the first interview on campus. And I also go to the Career EXPO talked with them and attend many networking.

Interview Questions

• What's your future plan as an accountant?
      Do you know about BDO? Why you choose that?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Selected for an on-campus interview and went to the pre-interview mixer at a local restaurant. The actual interview was very conversational; it seemed like the interviewer was trying to sell the company to me instead of the other way around. The interviewer called me the next day asking to do a second round interview at their local office.
    For the second interview, the company took all of the candidates interviewing that day out for lunch, and then came back and had interviews with various tax managers. The interviews were pretty basic with standard interview questions.
    I got a call back a week later with an offer. Very happy with the process!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Met with two Senior Managers. Very nice and friendly. We talked about the role and my past experiences, as well as why I liked tax. They made me an offer later the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA (Grand Rapids, MI) in September 2009.

Interview

Applied for the position and received a phone screening a few days later. Got a call later that day to invite me for the office interview. The office interview consisted of 4 different people, 30 minutes each. The entire interview was conversational, no behavioral questions. Received a call later that day with an offer.