BE Aerospace

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.9

Mechanical Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BE Aerospace.

I met a recruiter at a university job fair and had a good experience with him. Kept in contact via email and he helped me find the appropriate positions to apply to online. My first interview was over the phone with HR and lasted about 30-45 minutes. I made it to the next round and then spoke with the initial recruiter and another engineering manager over the phone, and phone interviews are hard enough 1 on 1 but it was 3 people all in separate areas calling into a conference. I heard back a few weeks later to find out that they were only accepting two people but I was the third. I wasn't too upset because they said their workplace did not have very many females at all and as a woman engineer I'd like to work in a gender balanced workplace.

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BE Aerospace in August 2014.

Initial meet and greet. Called in for a pannel interview that consist of 5 segments. Technical, cultural, leadership, tour, lunch. Everyone was really polite and the experience was great. I was nervous going in but as soon as it began, i felt better. They ask you questions to recall situations in the past to demonstrate these skills so be ready.

Sales Associate Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BE Aerospace in July 2014.

First did a phone interview. Within an hour had in person interview scheduled. When asked when I wanted the interview I gave them a time but the recruiter who is based in Florida and I in Kansas scheduled it for his time so then I had to move the time up an hour. The interview consisted of me meeting with a manager and hr rep on the phone (in Florida). During the interview I was not asked the normal questions like my strengths, weakness or situational. I felt that bc my current job has me pretty working alone and not taking direct directives that it hurt bc the job I was interviewing for would have me being told what to do. I even told them that I could do that. Also when asked what my career goals were they were surprised I actually had a plan (just have to get my foot in the door to get there). I asked at the end when there might be a decision and was told within 2 weeks (there was a holiday the following week). I was contacted 3 days later for a second interview. The 2nd interview was with the manager from 1st interview, manager from warehouse and program manager (on the phone from Tulsa). Again not asked normal questions. They are big on knowing excel using v look up and pivot table which I know some but not advanced. Was told a decision would be made by the next Tuesday. That Tuesday came and did not hear anything. I called and found out she was not there (was still gone for the holiday) so I left a voicemail and did not hear back. Emailed the recruiter and was told he would get back with me the next day. Did not hear back so I emailed him back and for a response that he was out of the office for a week. By this point I'm upset that I'm getting the run around and no one seemed to know they would be off work for a few days. I called the manager again and finally spoke with her and was told that they chose someone else but they would have another position open and I should reapply for it.

Interview Questions
    • There was not any difficult questions but it seemed like when questions were answered honestly it was frownef upon in a way   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BE Aerospace.

step one: phone interview
    step two: in person interview
    step three: was hired
    step four: moved and started job
    Good hire package including relocation

Nothing more to say but this thing is requiring more words.

Interview Questions
    They offered it at the very bottom of my range and I told them I was a bit disappointed with it and they went up $2k.

Project Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BE Aerospace in May 2014.

I applied online through their website, and got a call a week later for a phone screening. I was scheduled to go in for an interview a week later. The interview went well, lasted about an hour. Everything was very professional, I was interviewed by 1 person and a 2nd person joined in via phone conference. Would have loved to work there, but got no call back after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Other than writing, tell me 10 things you can do with a pencil.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BE Aerospace.

I was referred by an employee. First step was phone screening. Next level was on-site 3 hour interview with 4 different stakeholders. I felt like wasn't enough exposure to teams & people was a rushed through experience.

Interview Questions
    This company is willing to negotiate for the right skills

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BE Aerospace in February 2014.

Took several months to finally get a call. Talked to HR then they took 3 weeks to call me back. Had a very good interview in my view, but unfortunately they went with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Very detailed questions, very technical. One was -Explain and walk me through a moment where you were encountered a difficult problem and what was the outcome. While talking through that I was asked specific questions about each step.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BE Aerospace.

Received a phone call, answered some questions, was offered a job right away. Seemed a little rushed.

didn't negotiate

Buyer - EDL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BE Aerospace.

Phone interview to determine if I was human... Then in person interview with four existing Purchasing people, including the hiring manager and three other "managers" from within Purchasing. Grueling four hour interview all four people asked behavioral questions worded differently and lack of interaction from interviewer. It was almost like they enjoyed watching you squirm.

It is pretty clear, just by interviewing with these folks in the department, tat they hate their job and do not care if you get that from them during the process. Also, constant references to expected work of 70-80 hours per week...no overtime pay as this was a salaried position.

At he end of the process, I was worn out and made to wit in the lobby for a member of senior management that just happened to be there. Talked with him too long about the same questions the other four had asked.

After the interview was over, I was back in the safety of my car I immediately called HR and withdrew my name from the candidates. If working there was anything like the interview, or working for the people that interviewed me, it would be one of those jobs you hate...it would erode you and your family relationships. I did not take that chance.

The Purchasing group has openings all the time, fo te same jobs, so their turnover is really high and not sure why. Look before you leap.

Read below for the most unexpected question, which I have never had again in all my years of interviewing...

Interview Questions
    • Are you ready for the question I was asked by the hiring manager?

"How do you cook a hot dog?"

This is not a joe, interviewer was serious ... Blew me away....
        View Answer

See above.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BE Aerospace in April 2013.

I was asked many rigorous questions about my past experience and how I would apply my skills and knowledge on the job.
    When I left the interview, I was told that I should expect a phone call the following week; which never happened.... Usually, well-established companies let candidates know whether they are selected or not, especially at this point far in the process. Disappointing experience....