BE Aerospace Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.8

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BE Aerospace (Winston-Salem, NC).

Interview

Phone, on-site with tour and co-worker discussions. Also contained group/panel discussions. A plant/site tour was also provided. Not all management individuals were available for interviews. No sick-leave, only Paid Time Off of 2weeks to start, regardless of years of experience, which is for vacation and sick time.

Interview Questions

• Expect standard basic questions   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

All character based. They do not look for ambitious people. They screen for people who want job security over career growth. One of the hiring managers was falling asleep during the interview, which was pretty short since it was not a technical interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They refused to negotiate

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BE Aerospace (Marysville, WA).

Interview

All questions asked were based on concepts and their applications related to aerospace systems. Mostly power related. Over all a relaxed and professional interview process. There were multiple phases with HR interview first , followed by the hiring manager interview and an onsite interview. Company is overall capable of competing in the aerospace industry.

Negotiation

Open to reasonable negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at BE Aerospace (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Most important is to have a beautiful resame. next is to know and understand everything you included in your resame. Be truly familiar with parts or equipment used in the day to day manufacturing at B/E Aerospace. Your first interveiw is easy, that would be with H.R. your second interview will need to be completely honest, the interviewer 99% of the time knows the position and has probably been employed doing the same!

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really any difficult questions, but @ B/E AEROSPACE you should always be honest, shop leaders and engineers KNOW this business.   Answer Question

Negotiation

simple, B/E gives multiple offers depending on your experience. Its not a fight, just a timely process of agreement.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BE Aerospace (Everett, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and surprisingly received a call the very next day asking a few questions. The day after they called to schedule a video interview. The next week I had an online interview. The online interview consisted of a panel of the Senior Engineer and Engineering Manager. The questions were pretty straightforward, nothing too technical.They were pretty quick for the whole process.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to overcome a problem or disagreement while working on a team?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was pretty straightforward. They sent an offer and gave me around a week to respond. They were flexible with the start date of the internship.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BE Aerospace.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a university job fair and had a good experience with him. Kept in contact via email and he helped me find the appropriate positions to apply to online. My first interview was over the phone with HR and lasted about 30-45 minutes. I made it to the next round and then spoke with the initial recruiter and another engineering manager over the phone, and phone interviews are hard enough 1 on 1 but it was 3 people all in separate areas calling into a conference. I heard back a few weeks later to find out that they were only accepting two people but I was the third. I wasn't too upset because they said their workplace did not have very many females at all and as a woman engineer I'd like to work in a gender balanced workplace.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BE Aerospace in August 2014.

Interview

Initial meet and greet. Called in for a pannel interview that consist of 5 segments. Technical, cultural, leadership, tour, lunch. Everyone was really polite and the experience was great. I was nervous going in but as soon as it began, i felt better. They ask you questions to recall situations in the past to demonstrate these skills so be ready.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BE Aerospace in July 2014.

Interview

First did a phone interview. Within an hour had in person interview scheduled. When asked when I wanted the interview I gave them a time but the recruiter who is based in Florida and I in Kansas scheduled it for his time so then I had to move the time up an hour. The interview consisted of me meeting with a manager and hr rep on the phone (in Florida). During the interview I was not asked the normal questions like my strengths, weakness or situational. I felt that bc my current job has me pretty working alone and not taking direct directives that it hurt bc the job I was interviewing for would have me being told what to do. I even told them that I could do that. Also when asked what my career goals were they were surprised I actually had a plan (just have to get my foot in the door to get there). I asked at the end when there might be a decision and was told within 2 weeks (there was a holiday the following week). I was contacted 3 days later for a second interview. The 2nd interview was with the manager from 1st interview, manager from warehouse and program manager (on the phone from Tulsa). Again not asked normal questions. They are big on knowing excel using v look up and pivot table which I know some but not advanced. Was told a decision would be made by the next Tuesday. That Tuesday came and did not hear anything. I called and found out she was not there (was still gone for the holiday) so I left a voicemail and did not hear back. Emailed the recruiter and was told he would get back with me the next day. Did not hear back so I emailed him back and for a response that he was out of the office for a week. By this point I'm upset that I'm getting the run around and no one seemed to know they would be off work for a few days. I called the manager again and finally spoke with her and was told that they chose someone else but they would have another position open and I should reapply for it.

Interview Questions

• There was not any difficult questions but it seemed like when questions were answered honestly it was frownef upon in a way   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BE Aerospace.

Interview

step one: phone interview
    step two: in person interview
    step three: was hired
    step four: moved and started job
    Good hire package including relocation

Nothing more to say but this thing is requiring more words.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered it at the very bottom of my range and I told them I was a bit disappointed with it and they went up $2k.

Project Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BE Aerospace (Tucson, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online through their website, and got a call a week later for a phone screening. I was scheduled to go in for an interview a week later. The interview went well, lasted about an hour. Everything was very professional, I was interviewed by 1 person and a 2nd person joined in via phone conference. Would have loved to work there, but got no call back after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Other than writing, tell me 10 things you can do with a pencil.   Answer Question