BE Aerospace

Relevance Date Difficulty

Java Programmer Analyst Interview

Java Programmer Analyst
Miami, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at BE Aerospace in April 2012.

Interview Details – I got the interview through a staffing agency recruiter, who lied and told me that my skill-set was perfect, and I went straight to the interview without even a phone screen. When I got there, I met 1 on 1 with the hiring manager, who told me about the position and asked about my skillset. He seemed to be single-mindedly focused on what I did in my last position and ignored everything I said about my recent education, aptitudes, and positions before that. It turns out I did not have the right skillset, the interview only lasted 20 minutes, and I was rejected the next day. I was relieved because I would have been the only developer there and would have had to have worked about 60+ hours a week including nights, weekends, and being on-call. The recruiter lied about the location too - it was actually an hour away from where he said it was. I think the recruiter wasted my time and there should have at least been a phone screen with the company first.

Interview Questions

• How often did you back up your database in your previous position, were the backups automatic, and what tool did you use?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a few times when you had to build a system from scratch in a short time frame.   Answer Question

Worked for BE Aerospace? Contribute to the Community!