BECU

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

3.3

HQ Position (Do Not Want to Disclose) Interview

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BECU.

I interviewed for an HQ position. I had a pretty simple phone screen, then I was asked to come in for a two-hour in-person interview. I interviewed with a VP, the hiring manager, and people I would be working with on the team. Everyone I talked to was so positive and had been working there for at least five years. The interview was pretty standard—lots of "Tell me about a time when…." I left feeling confident and excited about the role and the company's values and culture.

The recruiter said they were hoping to have a decision within the week, but I had to wait about three weeks. After a week, I emailed the recruiter to follow up. She said she would have an update for me the next day. I didn't hear anything for another week and a half. At the end of the third week, she ended up calling me and leaving me a message to call her back. When I called, she said that they selected someone else for the position. I wasn't too surprised, but I found it strange that I had to call her back just so she could tell me I didn't get the position.

Overall, it was a much slower process than I expected. I respect that they took their time to find the right person; however, I would have appreciated more communication from a professional recruiter.

Teller Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at BECU.

Recieved a call. Did a phone interview. Went to in person interview. The interview was 20 minutes late because of wait time for customers being 45 min. Everyone was nice however.

Better offer somewhere else

Contact Center Consultant Interview

applied online - received an email to schedule phone interview. phone interview was pretty much just a review of my resume and why i left my last job - what i liked most about my last job- what I liked least about my last job? how did I hear about BECU? once i completed phone interview I was asked to come in for group interview: I was asked 3 situational questions (s.t.a.r. format) - after answering each question they asked you "what did you learn from that experience? Tell me about a time you applied what you learned in a different situation?" so three questions are really like 9 questions and youll need 9 answers.

after group interview i received an email stating that they would give me a call to complete a 20 minute phone interview. during the phone interview I was asked "to tell about a time I had to build trust with a coworker or employer? tell about a time I had to learn a new procedure or process?" i forgot the third question? remember after each question they ask "Tell me about a time you applied what you learned in a different situation?" so three questions are really like 9 questions and youll need 9 answers."

after i completed phone interview I was invited to interview with 2 supervisors.

I suck at interviews - they are normally very uncomfortable for me. however the supervisors were very layed back and made me forget i was in an interview (how corny does that sound?)

they asked me 5 situational questions :
    *tell about a time i had to learn a new procedure or policy
    *tell me about a time something didnt work out as great as you planned it to
    *tell me about a time you had to build a relationship with someone at work
    *tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you applied what you learned in a different situation?" so three questions are really like 9 questions and youll need 9 answers."   Answer Question
    they offered me the job - as well as informed me that I had a bench warrant for my arrest - considreing i had a warrant and they still hired me is pretty cool - also they dont drug test

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BECU in September 2014.

So I applied for this member consultant position and got a email for group interview which was with 6 other people, wasnt bad very basic questions and went over a little about company. Then got email for a 2nd interview which was over the phone and then got a call for a 3rd and final interview with two managers. This last interview was very unprofessional and seemed unorganized managers didnt know how to ask questions and questions were very complicated to answer they wanted specific examples and what approach you took and why that approach and give another example this happen and what you learned very hard and long. Then got email saying i didnt get job after all that and not even a reason why this company very unorganized, I know some people who work for this company they say some parts are good and some bad so be careful when applying you go through 3 interviews and a month worth of time and then just a NO.

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time you got in trouble at work? most random and dumb question ever   View Answer

Member Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BECU.

Phone interview, Group interview. Very intensive background check. New hires all have at least a few weeks of classroom style job specific education as well as learning about banking, credit unions, ect.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical. Just general questions about sales experience, triumphs and defeats in past positions, goals, ect.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate and they accepted, then started my pay at the minimum allowed anyways due to "policy". So watch out.

Mortgage Loan Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BECU in May 2014.

I have interviewed twice and personally preferred the last interview was a panel interview with multiple candidates. I also think this helps management with so many applicants to interview, saving time. I liked the questions on the big screen to view.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult or unexpected just the stress of an interview makes interviewing difficult. I hope management takes that into consideration.   View Answer

Member Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BECU in May 2014.

Three interview's in process. The first was in a group with 5 others and two BECU recruiters leading/interviewing. It was quite casual and somewhat awkward as they asked a question and everyone was expected to answer but in no particular order...basically if you want to answer quick you can. Probably not a good idea to be the last person to answer.

The second interview was a one on one, 20 minute phone screen with one of the same recruiters.

The final interview was a one on one, in person interview with two branch managers. This was quite intense compared to the others and last the full 60 minutes. Advice here is to dig deeper. Shorter answers can get you through rounds 1 and 2 but they'll want to hear a response to a question then talk about what you learned and then what you've done differently with that knowledge etc. Unfortunately I didn't end up getting the job and was told that they have a policy that prevents them from providing any feedback as to why. I did feel a little crappy to go through the whole process and just get a simple "no" after investing all that time and energy.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had a problem with a coworker/ a time when you didn't get along with a coworker? What did you learn from that? What would you do now?   Answer Question

Contact Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BECU in September 2013.

I sit with a group of about 8 people, The recruiter was late. At the screening the discuss the job and some benefits of BECU. After that i got an email about a phone interview, followed by an assessment. The assessment took about an hour to complete. Later I got an interview with the recruiter and manager.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time were you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Dont BE Fooled, It's Really A Bank Interview

All focus on sales, lots of talk about service but to get hired you have to rub elbows and suck up. They promise advancement to everyone. Be careful who you talk too lots of back stabbers, everyone is trying to climb to the top.

Member Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BECU.

Phone Interview with recruiter. Face to Face interview with hiring manager and recruite.