BECU

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BECU in April 2011.

Interview Details – Questions were about goals, communication, and service. At first you get a phone interview. Basic questions about how do you deal with customers, what motivates you, and tell us a situation where you had to educate a customer. Once you complete that they call you back a few days later and ask for a in person interview.

Interview Question – What does more than just money mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Recruiting was set on salary. No negotiation.

I applied online and interviewed at BECU.

Interview Details – Phone interview, Group interview. Very intensive background check. New hires all have at least a few weeks of classroom style job specific education as well as learning about banking, credit unions, ect.

Interview Question – Nothing technical. Just general questions about sales experience, triumphs and defeats in past positions, goals, ect.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate and they accepted, then started my pay at the minimum allowed anyways due to "policy". So watch out.

Mortgage Loan Specialist Interview

Mortgage Loan Specialist
Kent, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BECU in May 2014.

Interview Details – I have interviewed twice and personally preferred the last interview was a panel interview with multiple candidates. I also think this helps management with so many applicants to interview, saving time. I liked the questions on the big screen to view.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult or unexpected just the stress of an interview makes interviewing difficult. I hope management takes that into consideration.   View Answer

Contact Center Representative Interview

Contact Center Representative
Kent, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BECU in September 2013.

Interview Details – I sit with a group of about 8 people, The recruiter was late. At the screening the discuss the job and some benefits of BECU. After that i got an email about a phone interview, followed by an assessment. The assessment took about an hour to complete. Later I got an interview with the recruiter and manager.

Interview Question – Name a time were you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Dont BE Fooled, It's Really A Bank Interview

Dont BE Fooled, It's Really A Bank

Interviewed at BECU

Interview Details – All focus on sales, lots of talk about service but to get hired you have to rub elbows and suck up. They promise advancement to everyone. Be careful who you talk too lots of back stabbers, everyone is trying to climb to the top.

Contact Center Representative Interview

Contact Center Representative
Spokane Valley, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BECU in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on their website. A week later I got an email lining out a more detailed description of pay rate and start date. This email asked if I wanted to proceed to the next step, which was a panel interview in a group setting. I agreed. I was there with 5 others. The HR gal did a presentation on the CU (power point). Then between the HR rep and a hiring manager, they asked all 6 of us 3 situational/behavior questions. Hint, have several service related stories ready. I was told I made it to the second stage. It was a one on one call with a HR recruiter. That went well and they had me proceed to an interview with two managers and me. I was then told via email that I did great, and they want me to go on with a background check, and register to get an NMLS. I went and got fingerprinted, All was fine. After not hearing back for a few days, I emailed my recruiter to hear that the managers decided to go ahead with someone else. I was wasted a lot of time and money (faxing info, and driving 40 miles to get printed). I was over qualified for this job, but explained my need for something less stressful than management. They were fine with that. I feel like something went south, but they didn't bother give me enough respect to tell me why. FEEDBACK IS KEY, I got none here.

Interview Question – Name a time when you felt you went over and above the call of duty to help a customer. What was the outcome? What did you learn?   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at BECU.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with recruiter. Face to Face interview with hiring manager and recruite.

Interview Question – All very basic and simple questions   Answer Question

IT Interview

IT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BECU in February 2013.

Interview Details – Ask good questions about what your are going to be assigned and when that assignment will happen. I spent 6 weeks reading documentation before I snapped.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and interviewed at BECU.

Interview Details – Not easy... very "picky" about not only job skills but also ensure that the person is the right fit culturally and includes HR, 1 on 1 and panel interviews

Interview Question – Why BECU instead of similar positions at a Bank?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – good

Intern Interview

Intern
Tukwila, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BECU.

Interview Details – First round was a phone interview by a HR. The second round was a onsite interview.

Interview Question – Mostly, it was regular behavioral interview.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BECU

Worked for BECU? Contribute to the Community!