BECU Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2014
Updated Jul 26, 2014

3.3

Member Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BECU in May 2014.

Three interview's in process. The first was in a group with 5 others and two BECU recruiters leading/interviewing. It was quite casual and somewhat awkward as they asked a question and everyone was expected to answer but in no particular order...basically if you want to answer quick you can. Probably not a good idea to be the last person to answer.

The second interview was a one on one, 20 minute phone screen with one of the same recruiters.

The final interview was a one on one, in person interview with two branch managers. This was quite intense compared to the others and last the full 60 minutes. Advice here is to dig deeper. Shorter answers can get you through rounds 1 and 2 but they'll want to hear a response to a question then talk about what you learned and then what you've done differently with that knowledge etc. Unfortunately I didn't end up getting the job and was told that they have a policy that prevents them from providing any feedback as to why. I did feel a little crappy to go through the whole process and just get a simple "no" after investing all that time and energy.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had a problem with a coworker/ a time when you didn't get along with a coworker? What did you learn from that? What would you do now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at BECU in April 2011.

Questions were about goals, communication, and service. At first you get a phone interview. Basic questions about how do you deal with customers, what motivates you, and tell us a situation where you had to educate a customer. Once you complete that they call you back a few days later and ask for a in person interview.

Interview Questions
    Recruiting was set on salary. No negotiation.

I applied online - interviewed at BECU.

Phone interview, Group interview. Very intensive background check. New hires all have at least a few weeks of classroom style job specific education as well as learning about banking, credit unions, ect.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical. Just general questions about sales experience, triumphs and defeats in past positions, goals, ect.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate and they accepted, then started my pay at the minimum allowed anyways due to "policy". So watch out.

Mortgage Loan Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kent, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BECU in May 2014.

I have interviewed twice and personally preferred the last interview was a panel interview with multiple candidates. I also think this helps management with so many applicants to interview, saving time. I liked the questions on the big screen to view.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult or unexpected just the stress of an interview makes interviewing difficult. I hope management takes that into consideration.   View Answer

Contact Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kent, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BECU in September 2013.

I sit with a group of about 8 people, The recruiter was late. At the screening the discuss the job and some benefits of BECU. After that i got an email about a phone interview, followed by an assessment. The assessment took about an hour to complete. Later I got an interview with the recruiter and manager.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time were you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Dont BE Fooled, It's Really A Bank Interview

All focus on sales, lots of talk about service but to get hired you have to rub elbows and suck up. They promise advancement to everyone. Be careful who you talk too lots of back stabbers, everyone is trying to climb to the top.

Contact Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spokane Valley, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane Valley, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BECU in April 2013.

I applied on their website. A week later I got an email lining out a more detailed description of pay rate and start date. This email asked if I wanted to proceed to the next step, which was a panel interview in a group setting. I agreed. I was there with 5 others. The HR gal did a presentation on the CU (power point). Then between the HR rep and a hiring manager, they asked all 6 of us 3 situational/behavior questions. Hint, have several service related stories ready. I was told I made it to the second stage. It was a one on one call with a HR recruiter. That went well and they had me proceed to an interview with two managers and me. I was then told via email that I did great, and they want me to go on with a background check, and register to get an NMLS. I went and got fingerprinted, All was fine. After not hearing back for a few days, I emailed my recruiter to hear that the managers decided to go ahead with someone else. I was wasted a lot of time and money (faxing info, and driving 40 miles to get printed). I was over qualified for this job, but explained my need for something less stressful than management. They were fine with that. I feel like something went south, but they didn't bother give me enough respect to tell me why. FEEDBACK IS KEY, I got none here.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you felt you went over and above the call of duty to help a customer. What was the outcome? What did you learn?   Answer Question

I applied online - interviewed at BECU.

Phone Interview with recruiter. Face to Face interview with hiring manager and recruite.

IT Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BECU in February 2013.

Ask good questions about what your are going to be assigned and when that assignment will happen. I spent 6 weeks reading documentation before I snapped.

There was no negotiation.

Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at BECU.

Not easy... very "picky" about not only job skills but also ensure that the person is the right fit culturally and includes HR, 1 on 1 and panel interviews

good

Worked for BECU? Contribute to the Community!