BECU

3.5

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BECU in September 2014.

So I applied for this member consultant position and got a email for group interview which was with 6 other people, wasnt bad very basic questions and went over a little about company. Then got email for a 2nd interview which was over the phone and then got a call for a 3rd and final interview with two managers. This last interview was very unprofessional and seemed unorganized managers didnt know how to ask questions and questions were very complicated to answer they wanted specific examples and what approach you took and why that approach and give another example this happen and what you learned very hard and long. Then got email saying i didnt get job after all that and not even a reason why this company very unorganized, I know some people who work for this company they say some parts are good and some bad so be careful when applying you go through 3 interviews and a month worth of time and then just a NO.

Interview Questions
  • tell me a time you got in trouble at work? most random and dumb question ever   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for BECU

Member Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BECU.

Phone interview, Group interview. Very intensive background check. New hires all have at least a few weeks of classroom style job specific education as well as learning about banking, credit unions, ect.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical. Just general questions about sales experience, triumphs and defeats in past positions, goals, ect.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate and they accepted, then started my pay at the minimum allowed anyways due to "policy". So watch out.

Member Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BECU in May 2014.

Three interview's in process. The first was in a group with 5 others and two BECU recruiters leading/interviewing. It was quite casual and somewhat awkward as they asked a question and everyone was expected to answer but in no particular order...basically if you want to answer quick you can. Probably not a good idea to be the last person to answer.

The second interview was a one on one, 20 minute phone screen with one of the same recruiters.

The final interview was a one on one, in person interview with two branch managers. This was quite intense compared to the others and last the full 60 minutes. Advice here is to dig deeper. Shorter answers can get you through rounds 1 and 2 but they'll want to hear a response to a question then talk about what you learned and then what you've done differently with that knowledge etc. Unfortunately I didn't end up getting the job and was told that they have a policy that prevents them from providing any feedback as to why. I did feel a little crappy to go through the whole process and just get a simple "no" after investing all that time and energy.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had a problem with a coworker/ a time when you didn't get along with a coworker? What did you learn from that? What would you do now?   Answer Question

Member Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BECU.

Phone Interview with recruiter. Face to Face interview with hiring manager and recruite.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BECU in December 2011.

If you know someone, you will be given a phone call. If you get a phone call and did not have a referral or friend that works within, be on your A game as you are competing with others who do. You get called and asked about your resume. You may be sent to a group interview soon after where you will be judged on your personality. If your personality does not fit with BECU's you will not get called after. If all goes well, you get called afterward and then meet with several managers for an interview. Then you get called and offered the job and get trained for about 45 days.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Why should we choose you among all the other candidates for this position?   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BECU in July 2011.

Submitted application online. Within one week I was contacted for a phone interview that took approximately 20 minutes. Was then asked to come in for an interview that week. There were 4 or 5 managers interviewing me. They then gave me a conditional offer pending background check & references. Getting references was the most difficult part as they have to sign into a website and review you.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a situation in which you had a difficult customer. What did you do?   View Answer
    No negotiation at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BECU in April 2011.

Questions were about goals, communication, and service. At first you get a phone interview. Basic questions about how do you deal with customers, what motivates you, and tell us a situation where you had to educate a customer. Once you complete that they call you back a few days later and ask for a in person interview.

Interview Questions
    Recruiting was set on salary. No negotiation.