BG Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Updated Jul 29, 2014

3.1

Rotational Development Program Full Time Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BG Group in September 2013.

Attended information session at my school and then was invited by HR rep to join the two recruiters for a dinner at a very nice restaurant. Interviewed the next day. The company is very big on safety, values, and culture, and seems to be looking for highly qualified candidates. Master's degree or MBA would definitely help, as would having a previous internship with the company or with a similar type of F500 energy company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected, asked me several questions about my resume. Biggest challenge, working with a group, standard behavioral questioning.   View Answer

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BG Group.

BG group did a campus presentation about the program and a general overview of the company. After being selected I was asked to come to the on site interview. The interview consisted of two individuals. The interview were mainly behavioral/tell me about yourself type of questions. They were only looking to hire two to three analyst for the whole program.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. The interview was straight forward with behavioral types of questions.   Answer Question

Finance/Accounting Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BG Group.

Got an interview through my university career fair. Got a phone call the night before asking for me to interview the next morning.

Interview Questions
    • A ton of behavioral questions. One about how you exemplify the safe working environment BG tries to accomplish. One technical question asking to pick an existing asset and what ratios you would use to evaluate purchasing the asset   Answer Question

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BG Group in May 2012.

After I applied for the company in a career fair, and I talked quite a bit with the booth employee, I was called some weeks later. He said he would be in the city next week. Then I got the interview, 1on1, and he asked me a lot of questions, like: What I want to be in the next 5 or 10 years, etc.

Interview Questions
    • He asked which particular aspects of this company interests me the most? Why I choose this company despite of others?   View Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at BG Group.

I applied online and that was a fairly long process asking questions that took a really, really long time to complete. I was honest and answered as best as I could and those responses in addition to my academic performance allowed me to get to the interview stage. Before going to the interview I reviewed projects I did over the course of my degree and did research on the company so I'd be ready to answer any question. Unfortunately, when I got in to the room for the interview my nerves got the better of me. I stuttered a lot and could not remember anything I reviewed. Surely, questions based on projects I completed were asked and I just was not able to answer them. About three weeks later I received an email saying I would not continuing along the recruitment process.

Interview Questions
    • In any project that was completed, what problems did you encounter and what troubleshooting methods were used to overcome them?   Answer Question

Reservoir Engineer - Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BG Group in December 2013.

Applied through their website and got invited for an interview in my University's campus after a month or so. I was interviewed by an HR lady that was really nice and a reservoir engineer. Both of them really kind and try to make you feel comfortable. Everything was perfect until the technical questions started. I think anybody with good petroleum engineering background would do fine but it was my first month into the master and I had no idea what was going on.

Interview Questions
    • What happens to the water level if you are on a ship and you throw a rock in the water? Questions on all types of permeabilities.   Answer Question

Human Resources Grad Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reading, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at BG Group in February 2014.

I have the feeling that the HR Dept of this company is very little professional and I know as a fact some of them lack any HR formal formation altogether. This as a result affects the potential objectivity of the candidates assessment. At some points during the activities of the AC I thought the assessors had absolutely no idea what I was talking about HR wise and I also mentioned some facts about the company I highly doubt they were even aware of. Getting people that are actually acknowledgeable of HR technical aspects and not just basic, on-the job experience would increase the quality of their HR Dept. Moreover, the feedback provided was a bit laughable to be honest, kind of masquerading the real reason why I wasn't successful, which I understand but please try to be more honest with the candidates.

Roustabout Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at BG Group in November 2013.

2 interviews with detail on job how to carry, etc

salary low they did not seem to pay above what was decided $300/month.

Completions Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 months - interviewed at BG Group in July 2012.

Hiring was a little hap hazard, took place over the phone and then on a virtual video conference. Process took a long time and almost went with another company due to slow HR processes. Position advertised and actual job were not the same, but that was expected.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to recount an instance where I had to work with a difficult person or group and how I dealt with that situation.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was good, was able to push then for a good deal, this is due to office being near London and not many oil patch people want to work there.

IGPE Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BG Group.

Essay Based on line App lication follow ed by a tech nical in terview (in cludes presen tation). Last st age Assess ment cent er wi th group ex ercises. take s a month over all.
    technical interview 45min long. Prepare your cv throughly

Interview Questions

Worked for BG Group? Contribute to the Community!