BG Group

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Reservoir Engineer - Graduate Interview

Reservoir Engineer - Graduate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BG Group in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through their website and got invited for an interview in my University's campus after a month or so. I was interviewed by an HR lady that was really nice and a reservoir engineer. Both of them really kind and try to make you feel comfortable. Everything was perfect until the technical questions started. I think anybody with good petroleum engineering background would do fine but it was my first month into the master and I had no idea what was going on.

Interview Question – What happens to the water level if you are on a ship and you throw a rock in the water? Questions on all types of permeabilities.   Answer Question

Human Resources Grad Scheme Interview

Human Resources Grad Scheme
Reading, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BG Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – I have the feeling that the HR Dept of this company is very little professional and I know as a fact some of them lack any HR formal formation altogether. This as a result affects the potential objectivity of the candidates assessment. At some points during the activities of the AC I thought the assessors had absolutely no idea what I was talking about HR wise and I also mentioned some facts about the company I highly doubt they were even aware of. Getting people that are actually acknowledgeable of HR technical aspects and not just basic, on-the job experience would increase the quality of their HR Dept. Moreover, the feedback provided was a bit laughable to be honest, kind of masquerading the real reason why I wasn't successful, which I understand but please try to be more honest with the candidates.

Interview Question – When did you act against your ethical values   Answer Question

Completions Engineer Interview

Completions Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BG Group in July 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring was a little hap hazard, took place over the phone and then on a virtual video conference. Process took a long time and almost went with another company due to slow HR processes. Position advertised and actual job were not the same, but that was expected.

Interview Question – Was asked to recount an instance where I had to work with a difficult person or group and how I dealt with that situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was good, was able to push then for a good deal, this is due to office being near London and not many oil patch people want to work there.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Reservoir Engineer Graduate Program Interview

Reservoir Engineer Graduate Program
Reading, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BG Group in December 2010.

Interview Details – Was interviewed for BG. The first interview was technical about petroleum engineering and reservoir related subjects. Then the interviewer asked about the motivations for joining BG and where I would see myself after some years.

Interview Question – Explain the concept of relative permeability   View Answer

Project Analyst Interview

Project Analyst
Reading, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BG Group in November 2010.

Interview Details – The company atmosphere was perfect, every body so courteous and polite. My interview took about 75 minutes starting with a brief of the job itself and then went on with competency based questions. I was told that my experience of working on multi projects was not enough to get the job. I wish I asked more question about the job to make my mind more focused on WHAT IS MY CONTRIBUTION TO THAT PARTICULAR ROLE. Perhaps I could demonstrate my experience better. I regret it!

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Reading, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BG Group in July 2008.

Interview Details – Two interviewers, one representative from HR and one from the function to which I was applying is the standard for BG. Questions are fairly standard, with a couple of cliche questions from HR at the end to wrap things up

GRADUATE POSITION Interview

GRADUATE POSITION
Reading, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BG Group in December 2009.

Interview Details – couple of tasks, technical presentation, in tray exercise and an exercise to test your influencing skills

Interview Questions

Worked for BG Group? Contribute to the Community!