BG Group

Updated Dec 4, 2014

3.1

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BG Group in December 2014.

Initially I applied online, answering a series of tremendous questions. I was then sent a verbal and a numerical shl test which I passed. Then , I was invited for an interview in campus, which was half technical half competency-based. For the technical part, I was asked about Bg, Bo, Rs, RFT data, GOR. For the behavioral part I was asked mainly situational questions and about my inspirations.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation that you improved something regarding safety.
      Describe a situation that you had to go against your values.

Answer Question

Human Resources Grad Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BG Group in February 2014.

I have the feeling that the HR Dept of this company is very little professional and I know as a fact some of them lack any HR formal formation altogether. This as a result affects the potential objectivity of the candidates assessment. At some points during the activities of the AC I thought the assessors had absolutely no idea what I was talking about HR wise and I also mentioned some facts about the company I highly doubt they were even aware of. Getting people that are actually acknowledgeable of HR technical aspects and not just basic, on-the job experience would increase the quality of their HR Dept. Moreover, the feedback provided was a bit laughable to be honest, kind of masquerading the real reason why I wasn't successful, which I understand but please try to be more honest with the candidates.

Reservoir Engineer - Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BG Group in December 2013.

Applied through their website and got invited for an interview in my University's campus after a month or so. I was interviewed by an HR lady that was really nice and a reservoir engineer. Both of them really kind and try to make you feel comfortable. Everything was perfect until the technical questions started. I think anybody with good petroleum engineering background would do fine but it was my first month into the master and I had no idea what was going on.

Interview Questions
    • What happens to the water level if you are on a ship and you throw a rock in the water? Questions on all types of permeabilities.   Answer Question

Completions Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BG Group in July 2012.

Hiring was a little hap hazard, took place over the phone and then on a virtual video conference. Process took a long time and almost went with another company due to slow HR processes. Position advertised and actual job were not the same, but that was expected.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to recount an instance where I had to work with a difficult person or group and how I dealt with that situation.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was good, was able to push then for a good deal, this is due to office being near London and not many oil patch people want to work there.

Reservoir Engineer Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BG Group in December 2010.

Was interviewed for BG. The first interview was technical about petroleum engineering and reservoir related subjects. Then the interviewer asked about the motivations for joining BG and where I would see myself after some years.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the concept of relative permeability   View Answer

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BG Group in November 2010.

The company atmosphere was perfect, every body so courteous and polite. My interview took about 75 minutes starting with a brief of the job itself and then went on with competency based questions. I was told that my experience of working on multi projects was not enough to get the job. I wish I asked more question about the job to make my mind more focused on WHAT IS MY CONTRIBUTION TO THAT PARTICULAR ROLE. Perhaps I could demonstrate my experience better. I regret it!

Interview Questions
    • How you set principle to prioritise your reports.   View Answer
    • Why you choose BG group to work for?   View Answer

GRADUATE POSITION Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BG Group in December 2009.

couple of tasks, technical presentation, in tray exercise and an exercise to test your influencing skills

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BG Group in July 2008.

Two interviewers, one representative from HR and one from the function to which I was applying is the standard for BG. Questions are fairly standard, with a couple of cliche questions from HR at the end to wrap things up