BGC Partners

Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.5

Brokerage Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BGC Partners in March 2013.

Telephonic interview: Easy interview with stress on analytical skills, and how proficient using excel.

Interview Questions
    Very tough o negotiate on salaries

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BGC Partners in January 2011.

3.5 hours for in-person interview. 4 interviewers in total. Each took 45 minutes approx.
    Office average(for my comparison..i work for a company which got a new building in nyc). People - ok. More relaxed setting.(than dynamic).
    Did not take me for lunch so i was hungry until 1:40pm in interview. One of the interviewer said since it is a public company they don't spend too much money on employees. Comment was not made regarding lunch but in general.

Again perception on first visit.

Interview Questions
    • what is Virtual destructor,?
      which unix signals cannot be blocked?
      what happens on connect(socket) under the hood in TCP?

Answer Question
    • implement auto_ptr ?   Answer Question
    Still Negotiating. I can only tell later.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at BGC Partners in March 2010.

The interview process was very laid back. Spoke the the head of HR and a few other people at the company. As long as you know what the role is, you should be fine.

Interview Questions

Just wanted to do something else

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BGC Partners in November 2009.

Very haphazard - a call out of the blue and then a rapid process for the initial interviews and then a very long time to actually complete the hire. A couple of real professionals asking questions and then a few folks with little interviewing experience completing the process. The Human resources folks professional in their own right but not allowed to do their job fully or in a timely fashion. Process herked and jerked along, given the time the passed sure that I was not hired despite feeling that everyone was pleased and then a rushed process at the end to hire.

Interview Questions
    It was quick and agreement reached rapidly,
    Get everything in writing.

Broker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BGC Partners.

Initial meeting was with an HR person who forwarded CV onto a desk head. Received a call not long after for an interview. Met the desk head and a senior colleague and was questioned on my knowledge of numerous financial products and my experience dealing with clients. The meeting was successful and an offer was made during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you build a relationship with a client that isn't interested in talking to you?   Answer Question

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BGC Partners.

I applied for the position through LinkedIn and received an email within a few days inviting me to attend an interview.

The office is very impressive, based in canary Wharf, and the people interviewing me seemed very nice. I initially had a 1:1 interview with the HR assistant, followed by 1:1s with 2 HR managers and finally a 1:1 with the head HR manager for BGC. The whole process took just over an hour.

I was delighted and over the moon when the HR manager made a verbal offer on the spot at the end of the interview that day but was told the paperwork just needed to be signed off by the director but not to worry as there 'shouldn't be any problems'. I was told they would be in touch again over the next few days.

However, one week later, still no contact. I sent a chaser email to the HR assistant, who said they were still waiting for the sign off and that these things can take a while. Another week later, still nothing. After 3 weeks I called, to be told that the reason for the delay was because the director was now actually in Russia, at the games in Sotchi.

One week later, after the director had supposedly returned, stil nothing. In the meantime I had been applying for jobs elsewhere and was fortunately offered a position so I gave up on them. Never heard anything back from them at all, which I think is disgusting.

I understand that it mght have been due to the director not agreeing to the role or something along those lines, but the way I was ignored is absolutely disgraceful. I had just moved to London and really needed that job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions - just an overview of my work experience to date and future career aspirations   Answer Question

Back Office Employee Interview

Had to go through a few rounds-with people in the US as well

Equity Sales Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BGC Partners in December 2008.

Head hunter , Phone interview and personal meeting

I was advised by the headhunter their top level.

Analyst/Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at BGC Partners in April 2008.

Invited to rejoin by my previous manager

Interview Questions
    Good. Never trust a recruitment consultant, particularly from Aston Carter.