BGL Group Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2015

3.3

Non Specific Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at BGL Group in February 2015.

After making contact via LinkedIn, Alison Hill and Emily Ward invited me to meet with them to discuss my career ambitions and to provide me the opportunity to present my skill sets and expertise.

With a company the size and reputation of the BGL group I was expecting a high level of professionalism going into the meeting. However the hour I spent with Alison and Emily left me extremely impressed.

This was an exploratory meeting for both parties. After giving me ample time to run through my skills and employment history I was given a detailed overview of BGL’s structure and operations. Alison and Emily then went on to talk to me about various areas of the business I may wish to consider based on the skill sets and career preferences I had presented to them.

After we had finished looking at all the options Alison and Emily summarised the meeting and outlined the action points they were taking to help me progress my application within the company.

Following on from the meeting (The Same Day) I received an email thanking me for my time, an overview of the agreed action points, constructive suggestions on how I could maximise my success in finding a role and the steps they had already taken since we had met just a few hours ago.

If there is a company with a more proactive and supportive approach in helping you develop your career I have yet to meet them. It was as positive an interview experience as you could possibly have without being offered a job. What a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Various exploratory question relating to my skill sets and employment history   Answer Question

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BGL Group in January 2015.

The process began with an online application form that was straight forward and easy to navigate through. Quite thorough asking for essay based answers but didn't take too long. Next stage was a friendly telephone interview where I was given the opportunity to ask lots of questions. Following that were psychometric tests (numerical and verbal reasoning). The final stage was an assessment centre involving a presentation. The brief was clear and the assessment day seemed organized and they made me feel really at ease. This sounds strange, but it was actually was a fun day. I met loads of great people with similar backgrounds, who were all passionate about joining BGL. They laid out a really nice lunch with unlimited tea and coffee all day :). We also got to meet the people who would be in our teams should we be successful. They got back to me with feedback within 48 hours, to offer me a position. Their feedback was in-depth and helpful in preparing me for the up coming position and how to develop. Cant wait to start, I wish September would hurry up!!!!!!

Interview Questions
    • What are the main challenges for the motor insurance sector? And how might this effect BGL?   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application - 2 weeks until response received, Interview scheduled in the third week, test completed after interview so process required 2.5 hours in total, then had second interview with Director of function.

Operations - II Different Posts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England (UK)

The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at BGL Group in February 2012.

This was very disappointig indeed, despite a promising conversation and emails.
    1. They never kept me posted on changing goals posts and dates;
    2. First role was put on hold, never told me. Reason: 'business requirements under review';
    3. Archaic resourcing process. Role 2 - numerous internal candidates applied, and they came first. They should have held an internal competition FIRST before making this public.

All and all, very poor management indeed. I would not work for them if that was what I was facing on a daily basis! I am sorry I wasted all those weeks!

Interview Questions
    • None - it was a general conversation on capability/skills.   Answer Question