BGT Partners

BGT Partners Interview Questions

1.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hallandale Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BGT Partners.

Phone interview w/the recruiter, then a sr account manager. I then came in for an in person interview w/the recruiter & various team members - not all from the team I'd be joining. It was a really nice experience to meet other resources I'd be working with.

Interview Questions
    Easy - it was a verbal offer and then I received an email with a written offer. I accepted and started 2 weeks later

Digital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at BGT Partners.

Communication over email with an HR rep who was very kind, followed by a phone interview with the same rep. The interview was focused on qualifications and my ambitions, but the process was very informal. The rep didn't seem particularly informed about the industry or clear on how to assess my qualifications based on their needs.

Following this initial interview I was asked to speak with a VP the following week, again by phone. Unfortunately this interview can only be described as rude, unprofessional, and inappropriate. The interviewer, self-proclaimed "gatekeeper of culture" at the organization, fired off a list of inane questions, interrupting as I attempted to answer each one. The questions ranged from "what movie would you bring to a dessert island" to "who at your organization would you fire." It was as though he had compiled all of the world's worst interview questions in attempt to intimidate potential candidates.

Moreover, when I finally had the opportunity to speak, uninterrupted, I asked a couple questions regarding the position we were supposed to talk about and the company in general. He seemed perturbed that I had asked him a question and brushed me away saying "I don't know how they want to structure the position."

Needless to say, the interviewer drove a qualified applicant away in 10 minutes flat. For a company that lives and dies by its culture, I find it troubling that they would hire an individual of this nature in a VP role and then allow this person to speak to potential new hires.

Word of warning to future applicants: be prepared for an interview that is 100% based on culture and in no way related to your skills or ability. I hope for the company's sake that this VP is an outlier and not representative of the company as a whole.

Interview Questions
    • "You're CEO of your company, who do you fire first?"
      "What's your supervisors name? If I called him right now, what would he tell me you are the worst at?"
      "Mac or PC?"
      "What is your work computer, Mac or PC?"

All of them. They were all unexpected, uncalled for an unrelated to my experience.
        Answer Question

Senior Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hallandale Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BGT Partners.

The hiring and interview process was rather smooth and even a tad informal, which I enjoyed. I had about 3-4 meetings, 2 over the phone, within the span of a couple weeks before I received an offer. The company is growing rapidly and while they are picking with their hires (culture fit can trump expertise or experience), they tend to go with their gut and hire quickly.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember if there was any questions that was particularly unexpected or difficult. The interview was very conversational. I was asked to talk about my experience and in some aspects respond to scenarios that they proposed. They were very keen on seeing how I would approach theoretical business problems through digital strategy. Nonetheless, the discussion were pleasant as I felt I was having a geek out session with my interviewers rather than an interview at times.   Answer Question
    The HR rep called with a number. I requested something slightly higher. She said she would talk to the CEO. She called me within an hour and said he was willing to match it. Over all, it was a very positive experience knowing that they valued my experience at what I thought was my market value.

Strategist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BGT Partners.

The process begins with email communications, via their internal HR coordinator. A phone interview follows, and if you're successful here, you'll be invited in for face-to-face interviews.
    The company has you meet with various department leaders, and a mix of their favorite non-director level staff.
    Interviews are very informal, and due to the lack of interviewing skills - 90% of what they are assessing you for is - personality fit. Frequent post-interview conversations are almost exclusively centered around "how this candidate would fit in with us."
    Final steps are salary negotiation, offer letters and you're in... Pretty easy.

They typically hire independent contractors, then move you into a FT role, if you're fitting in well with the existing team members.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BGT Partners.

Started via LinkedIn and evolved into a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was sent a personality test to make sure that I matched the type of people at BGT. Within a couple of days we set up an in person meeting with the account services team. I was then called back for a final interview and eventually offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • I cant remember the specific question but there was a lot of hypothetical scenarios presented that I had to walk the interviewer through how I would address the situation.   Answer Question
    They asked what I was making at the time and asked what I was expecting to make. They provided an offer that luckily was in the range I was looking for and accepted the job.

Office Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BGT Partners in September 2011.

The recruiter reached out to me based on my online application. i interviewed 2 weeks later; first with the recruiter, then my perspective immediate supervisor, and the owner of the company. everyone was couteous, informative, and energetic. i was impressed by the physical enviroment and the overall company culture i eobserved through the interview process. i recieved an employment offer a week later then began my employment two weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to resolve a conflict with a co worker.   Answer Question
    • Explain a professional weakness and how you plan to improve.   View Answer
    i believe the employer was very fair and i appreciate the fact that i had the opportunity to prove myself in order to yeild the salary i deserve.