BHP Billiton

BHP Billiton Contracts Specialist Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview was fine; very informal and conversation-based. The hiring process took a long time, which I now realize is the norm at BHP.

Other Interview Reviews for BHP Billiton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BHP Billiton in July 2012.

Represented by an outside recruiter, interview scheduled very efficiently and timely. It was a panel interview with hiring managers from different business units as there were several positions open. Allocated time seemed too short for panel interview and one interviewer did not show up. Of the kother two, one had to leave before interview was finished due to double booking.

Interview Questions
    • Hard for interviewer to ask appropriate questions on behalf of several business units. This resulted in very general questions.   View Answer

Contracts Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BHP Billiton.

Took 3 months to get the initial call (they said it was due to reorg in the department ) - the HR phone interview went well. Got called for main interview. In the meantime also had to write 2 online tests - numerical and verbal reasoning. Not sure why the numerical since i was being interviewed for an assistant role in the contracts dept. (that job title is not listed in the menu hence i had to select contracts spec). the main interview was okay - the questions were mostly behavioral, the interviewers were very polite and courteous, but there were lots of questions on workplace/occupational safety - again not sure why since i was interviewing to be an assistant. Also when you reach their office for the interview you have to watch a safety video and answer Qs on that. All in all a positive experience though I didn't get the job, but would I apply to BHP again, yes I definitely would. I liked what I saw in general.

Interview Questions