BHP Billiton Graduate Program Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Contracts Specialist (3)
- Graduate (2)
- Analyst (2)
- Marketing Manager (2)
- Graduate Metallurgist (2)
- Graduate Program (2)
- Reservoir Engineer (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Reliability Engineer Mechanical (2)
- Operations Engineer (Drilling) (2)
- Geoscience Intern (2)
- Geology Tech (1)
- Graphic Designer - Production & Proofreading Specialist (1)
- IM Business Analyst (1)
- Senior Deployment Technician (1)
- Trading Operations (1)
- Dry Bulk Marketer (1)
- Trading/Marketing (1)
- Financial AD (1)
- Corporate Security/Investigations (1)
- Engineering Vacation Student (1)
- Data Improvement Analyst (1)
- Drilling and Completions Engineer Graduate Training Program (1)
- Senior Maintenance Technician (1)
- Land Technician (1)
- Fitter (1)
- Senior Finance Analyst (1)
- Financial Analyst (1)
- Senior Contract Specialist (1)
- Engineering (1)
Graduate Program Interview (Neutral Experience; Average Interview)
I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BHP Billiton in November 2011.
Interview Details – Phone interview:
Tell me about your education?
What do you know about the mining industry? BHP?
...and some other phone interview questions.
Graduate Program Interview (Negative Experience; Difficult Interview)
The process took a day - interviewed at BHP Billiton in May 2011.
Interview Details – The interview started at 8 am and finished at 11am. I cant recall the exact time. There were around 25 candidates on the day. Then we were split into groups of 5~ 6 members. the whole assessment consisted of 3 activities. The first one was short presentation in pairs. We were given a scenario which was about FIFO topic. We had 10 mins for preparation then followed by 5 mins presentation. After this, the second activity was group discussion which was typical assessment for graduate program. The last activity was short interview with two BHP employee, one was from HR and the other was from mine operating site.
Interview Question – Why do you choose to work in BHP? Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at BHP Billiton