BHP Billiton Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.9

IM Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BHP Billiton in November 2011.

Interview

First 30 min phone call - question from a script to "profile" you. What is your strongest point,what is your weakness,what our manager would say about you, how do you deal with change, with conflict, etc. Very rushed, call started later but had to be finished on time.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to questions about the biggest challenge, achievement. Taking time to think about answer was not encouraged.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

- Self starter - Good communications skills - Fluent in English, Spanish and Portuguese, advanced French experienced team Manager

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview

1 phone interview and 1 panel interview with 5 people. brutal process

Project Manager Interview

Interview

I had an interview during my study in business school. The process was long and it was difficult to schedule interview time at convenient time. Moreover interviews were rescheduled 2 times by interviewers. Interview was conducted via video conference (between BHP Australian office and campus at my business school). Questions were mostly about previous experience.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview

I arrived in Houston for the interview. They gave me a tour of some updated floors as a sales pitch and then I met with a few experienced engineers. I was mostly asked questions about my past experience. I was told repeatedly they would find out if I didn't know my stuff.

Interview Questions

• Why are you still looking for a job considering your other offers?   Answer Question

Corporate Security/Investigations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

interviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Received a telephone call stating that they were with BHP Billiton in Houston Texas and that they didn't want to waste my time or theirs so she wanted to ask me a question. She asked my current salary. I gave her my current salary but made it clear that I would be willing to accept less if given the opportunity as my main interest was to work for a quality company like BHP. I later received an email stating that they decided not to consider me. No reason given although I was more than qualified for the position after working as a Special Agent/Federal Criminal Investigator for over15 years. I feel I was not considered due to my current salary and they ignored the offer to work for less.

Measurement Analyst Interview

Interview

Quick process! Applied online and found some contacts through LinkedIn. Gave me the red carpet treatment for my face to face interview. Overall process took less than a month. HR is detailed oriented and thorough.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about specific measurement software and my experience with it   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BHP Billiton (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Very long process. Took over 5 months from time of application to interview. Recruitment was very slow, no urgency at all. Interview was structured, with very typical questions regarding experience and behavior. Did not receive update from recruiter. Will not answer calls or emails to provide updates. It has been an additional 2 months and have heard nothing, despite repeated attempts to contact. Not sure if position was eliminated due to falling oil, but please have the courtesy to inform the candidates who go through the entire interview process instead of dropping out completely. Very unprofessional.

PC1 Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview

I applied online and after a month they contacted me via email. After couple of weeks I got a call for a face to face interview. It was very informal. They asked normal behavior question and walk down in the plant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

only offer i got

Data Improvement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wollongong (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BHP Billiton (Wollongong (Australia)).

Interview

Was recruited through an employment company on contract basis. Interview process was limited because they wanted my expertise. Phone interview firstly then a 1:1 interview with the HR manager. Job offer.

Interview Questions

• What can I bring to the company long term.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Accepted the job on their base offer.