BHP Billiton Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.9

IM Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BHP Billiton in November 2011.

First 30 min phone call - question from a script to "profile" you. What is your strongest point,what is your weakness,what our manager would say about you, how do you deal with change, with conflict, etc. Very rushed, call started later but had to be finished on time.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to questions about the biggest challenge, achievement. Taking time to think about answer was not encouraged.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

- Self starter
    - Good communications skills
    - Fluent in English, Spanish and Portuguese, advanced French
    experienced team Manager

Reservoir Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BHP Billiton.

I arrived in Houston for the interview. They gave me a tour of some updated floors as a sales pitch and then I met with a few experienced engineers. I was mostly asked questions about my past experience. I was told repeatedly they would find out if I didn't know my stuff.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you still looking for a job considering your other offers?   Answer Question

Corporate Security/Investigations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at BHP Billiton in August 2013.

Received a telephone call stating that they were with BHP Billiton in Houston Texas and that they didn't want to waste my time or theirs so she wanted to ask me a question. She asked my current salary. I gave her my current salary but made it clear that I would be willing to accept less if given the opportunity as my main interest was to work for a quality company like BHP. I later received an email stating that they decided not to consider me. No reason given although I was more than qualified for the position after working as a Special Agent/Federal Criminal Investigator for over15 years. I feel I was not considered due to my current salary and they ignored the offer to work for less.

Project Manager Interview

I had an interview during my study in business school. The process was long and it was difficult to schedule interview time at convenient time. Moreover interviews were rescheduled 2 times by interviewers. Interview was conducted via video conference (between BHP Australian office and campus at my business school). Questions were mostly about previous experience.

Information Management Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BHP Billiton.

1 phone interview and 1 panel interview with 5 people. brutal process

Measurement Analyst Interview

Quick process! Applied online and found some contacts through LinkedIn. Gave me the red carpet treatment for my face to face interview. Overall process took less than a month. HR is detailed oriented and thorough.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me about specific measurement software and my experience with it   Answer Question

Data Improvement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wollongong (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wollongong (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Was recruited through an employment company on contract basis. Interview process was limited because they wanted my expertise. Phone interview firstly then a 1:1 interview with the HR manager. Job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What can I bring to the company long term.   View Answer
    Accepted the job on their base offer.

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interviewed at job fair. Was emailed for a second interview and presentation on site. Was called about the position.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BHP Billiton in September 2010.

group interview with various managers. experience was very pleasant.