BHP Billiton

Average Difficulty
68 candidate interviews

IM Business Analyst Interview

IM Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at BHP Billiton in November 2011.

Interview Details – First 30 min phone call - question from a script to "profile" you. What is your strongest point,what is your weakness,what our manager would say about you, how do you deal with change, with conflict, etc. Very rushed, call started later but had to be finished on time.

Interview Question – Be prepared to questions about the biggest challenge, achievement. Taking time to think about answer was not encouraged.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

experienced team Manager

Interview Question – When you plan on retiring?   Answer Question

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Reservoir Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview Details – I arrived in Houston for the interview. They gave me a tour of some updated floors as a sales pitch and then I met with a few experienced engineers. I was mostly asked questions about my past experience. I was told repeatedly they would find out if I didn't know my stuff.

Interview Question – Why are you still looking for a job considering your other offers?   Answer Question

Corporate Security/Investigations Interview

Corporate Security/Investigations
Houston, TX

I interviewed at BHP Billiton in August 2013.

Interview Details – Received a telephone call stating that they were with BHP Billiton in Houston Texas and that they didn't want to waste my time or theirs so she wanted to ask me a question. She asked my current salary. I gave her my current salary but made it clear that I would be willing to accept less if given the opportunity as my main interest was to work for a quality company like BHP. I later received an email stating that they decided not to consider me. No reason given although I was more than qualified for the position after working as a Special Agent/Federal Criminal Investigator for over15 years. I feel I was not considered due to my current salary and they ignored the offer to work for less.

Interview Question – What is your current salary?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at BHP Billiton

Interview Details – I had an interview during my study in business school. The process was long and it was difficult to schedule interview time at convenient time. Moreover interviews were rescheduled 2 times by interviewers. Interview was conducted via video conference (between BHP Australian office and campus at my business school). Questions were mostly about previous experience.

Interview Question – What is the country risk?   Answer Question

Information Management Analyst Interview

Information Management Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview and 1 panel interview with 5 people. brutal process

Interview Question – lots of behavioral questions   Answer Question

Measurement Analyst Interview

Measurement Analyst

Interviewed at BHP Billiton

Interview Details – Quick process! Applied online and found some contacts through LinkedIn. Gave me the red carpet treatment for my face to face interview. Overall process took less than a month. HR is detailed oriented and thorough.

Interview Question – Asked me about specific measurement software and my experience with it   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Geologist Interview

Geologist
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview Details – Interviewed at job fair. Was emailed for a second interview and presentation on site. Was called about the position.

Interview Question – Describe your work.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Accounting Interview

Accounting
Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BHP Billiton in September 2010.

Interview Details – group interview with various managers. experience was very pleasant.

Interview Question – I don' recall any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Drilling and Completions Engineer Graduate Training Program Interview

Drilling and Completions Engineer Graduate Training Program
Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at BHP Billiton in November 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Spoke to a Senior Drilling Engineer. Very friendly, asked good questions about who I am and what I want to do as a Mechanical Engineer in the professional world. Explained the job, and the responsibilities in great depth. Enjoyable interview, representative explained everything, answered questions I had. Very positive experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about your favourite classes you took as an engineering student.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BHP Billiton

Worked for BHP Billiton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BHP Billiton interview questions and advice. All 68 interview reviews posted anonymously by BHP Billiton employees and interview candidates.