BHP Billiton Interview Questions

- Good communications skills
    - Fluent in English, Spanish and Portuguese, advanced French
    experienced team Manager

IT Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BHP Billiton in January 2012.

Great interview, good questions, laid back process.

Contracts Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview was fine; very informal and conversation-based. The hiring process took a long time, which I now realize is the norm at BHP.

Senior Deployment Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at BHP Billiton in August 2012.

Technical interview for position.

Operations Engineer (Drilling) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at BHP Billiton in November 2012.

Talked to BHP billiton at the TAMU career fair. Invited to dinner the following week before interview. Interview the week after that on campus with 2 head drilling engineers. Invited to houston headquarters for fancy dinner on thursday night put us in a very nice hotel. In the morning had 2 interviews with panels of 2-3 engineers. Very relaxed environment. Explained benefits but did not give Salary or bonus numbers.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Many behavioral questions: Tell a time when you and a teammate disagreed and how you comprimised... etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BHP Billiton in December 2012.

Pretty streamlined, interviewed with a panel of three, they asked pretty common interview question

Contracts Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at BHP Billiton in July 2012.

Represented by an outside recruiter, interview scheduled very efficiently and timely. It was a panel interview with hiring managers from different business units as there were several positions open. Allocated time seemed too short for panel interview and one interviewer did not show up. Of the kother two, one had to leave before interview was finished due to double booking.

Interview Questions
    • Hard for interviewer to ask appropriate questions on behalf of several business units. This resulted in very general questions.   View Answer

Graphic Designer - Production & Proofreading Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BHP Billiton in September 2012.

Contract work through Aquent. Rescheduled interview twice. When I arrived; they were 10 minutes late in coming down to the lobby to meet with me me, then went downhill from there. Met with Facilities Manager, a Building Manager (seriously?) and a person who did actually work in graphics, but was more of a traffic/workflow title. All of them asked in monotone voices the most mundane, trite questions, and were hardly related to actual design or technical ability. All three people were... completely lifeless. Absolutely no emotion, personality, feedback - none whatsoever. It was alarming, to say the least. The building person got up and left in the middle of the interview. They gave me a proofreading text which was not difficult. I went upstairs to see where the other designers worked. Nice facilities, but again, lifeless figures walking about; none of them could really even crack a smile. All in all, a huge waste of my time. I took the interview seriously, and was kind, courteous and professional, and I never felt they took the interview seriously or respected the fact that was rescheduled two times and had traveled 45 min to meet with them. It was like they're trying to repel people from wanting to work there. No amount of money or other benefits could make me want to go back there.

Interview Questions
    • Difficulty? Having to sit through their questions like, "if I called your previous co-workers, what would they say about you?" "What did you like best/least about such-n-such job?"
      No imagination, and talk about actual graphic design, technical skills, or how I work with colleagues/clients.
        Answer Question

Geoscience Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BHP Billiton in September 2012.

campus recruiting:

the night before campus interview: pre-select dinner

the day after that: campus interview: No behavior question for me. All are introduction of my research

Geology Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BHP Billiton in April 2012.

Initially, sat down with Human Resources rep. to discuss benefits the company offers if the jobs is to be offered. Meeting was followed by group interview to 2 sets of people: bosses and co-workers

Interview Questions
    • How do you think your skill set could contribute to the team?   Answer Question