BHP Billiton

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Internship Interview

Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BHP Billiton in August 2012.

Interview Details – Online application followed by SHL testing, phone interview (motivation questions) and finally onsite interview that focused on behavioural type questions. Nice office building located in downtown Perth, supportive colleagues and a very pleasant working environment. Work allocated, in my case, was pretty challenging and I had the pleasure of flying to site to see the actual mining process.

Interview Question – No technical questions asked, all were situational e.g. tell me a time where...   Answer Question

HSE Supervisor Interview

Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BHP Billiton in November 2012.

Interview Details – Top-grading followed by technical interview that delves into technical skills

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No issues

Reliability Engineer Mechanical Interview

Reliability Engineer Mechanical
Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BHP Billiton in March 2013.

Interview Details – After completing the online applications I received a phone call to organise a time between an HR officer and the person to whom the role is subordinate to.

An email was sent with confirmation details as well as an email with details for online psychometric testing.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you have demonstrated your personal commitment to safety...   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for BHP Billiton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BHP Billiton interview questions and advice in Perth, Australia. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by BHP Billiton employees and interview candidates.