BHP Billiton

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

there was nothing particular about the hiring process, it was what could be described as a regular process, position advertised, applied for, review of CV's, short listing, interviewing, consideration, offer, acceptance, set start date.

set price

Reliability Engineer Mechanical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BHP Billiton in March 2013.

After completing the online applications I received a phone call to organise a time between an HR officer and the person to whom the role is subordinate to.

An email was sent with confirmation details as well as an email with details for online psychometric testing.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you have demonstrated your personal commitment to safety...   View Answer

HSE Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BHP Billiton in November 2012.

Top-grading followed by technical interview that delves into technical skills

No issues

Vacation Student Iron Ore Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I applied online – interviewed at BHP Billiton in September 2012.

Online numerical, verbal reasoning and logic test. Followed by phone interview and face to face with hr recruiter. No technical questions all the usual behavioural kind, "tell me a time when you witnessed something unsafe, what did you do?"

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you had a problem at school or work, how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    Vacation program so no negotiation terms. Probably would be able to negotiate holidays

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BHP Billiton in August 2012.

Online application followed by SHL testing, phone interview (motivation questions) and finally onsite interview that focused on behavioural type questions. Nice office building located in downtown Perth, supportive colleagues and a very pleasant working environment. Work allocated, in my case, was pretty challenging and I had the pleasure of flying to site to see the actual mining process.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions asked, all were situational e.g. tell me a time where...   Answer Question