BI-LO Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2014

2.1

Co-Manager Center Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at BI-LO in April 2013.

The hiring process consisted of an application to the company followed by a phone interview from corporate. The phone interview was followed by an on-site interview at one of the retail locations with a Store Director, Assistant Store Director, and the District Director.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Simpsonville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simpsonville, SC

I applied in-person - interviewed at BI-LO.

My interview went well withe the manager i didn't have any problems with the manager but now i know that i need work more to get where i wanna be

Staff Pharmacist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BI-LO.

For the interview, dress business casual and be yourself. They want to see who you are and where your successes and challenges have been. Anything you consider a failure, discuss what you learned and what you did to make it right. Discuss what activities you have been a part of as a pharmacist and how you react to the worst customer encounter you could imagine. Also consider how you handle stress and how well you triage when working alone. For me, the hiring process seemed very quick. Within two weeks of the interview, I was training for a week and then on my own.

Interview Questions
    • What have been some of your contributions to other employers and how have you seen these contributions benefit the company?   View Answers (2)
    There wasn't really any negotiation. The subject of salary was brought up and I agreed with their offer. During this phase, be honest and upfront about any vacation time coming up or important days off; they worked with me... they bent over backwards with me. Also, discuss how much vacation time you have now... if they offer you two weeks but you are used to three weeks... you will notice. So ask them if they would consider three weeks. Be open, honest, level headed, and reasonable.

BI Lo-bakery Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beaufort, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaufort, SC

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at BI-LO in March 2014.

As soon as you put in the application they will call you for a next day interview then once their ask a few questions about yourself and make you take a drug test. after passing that you will be hired next day. After a few days of horrible management you will see why people quit all the time

Interview Questions
    • Can you work well with others in a close area?   View Answer
    They will hire you if you have a pulse

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BI-LO.

Put in my application, called about 3 days after and got an interview a week later. More like a talk with the manager and less like an interview. It was very laid back.

Interview Questions
    • The only real question i remember was "what's the most important thing when working with people"   View Answer

Cashie/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BI-LO in October 2012.

It took me few walk in before I got my interview

Interview Questions
    • About my availability, Management want all the cashier available for 7 days. But they are very flexible if you put 14 days notice for your time off   View Answer

location I got offer was little to far for me to drive for part time job.

Assistant Bookkeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chapin, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapin, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BI-LO in March 2011.

I was initially interviewed and hired for a Cashier position, part-time. I submitted the application online and then had to go into the store several times before a manager actually pulled the application and sat me down for an interview.

He asked me basic questions, what activities I was involved in at school, past work experience, etc. Acted like he was interested and noted these but I found out later on it doesn't really matter, they just want to know if you will be a good customer service represenative.

I was hired a few days afterwards with minimum wage. After a year and a half I was promoted to an Assistant Bookkeeper, working in the cash office, with a fifty cent raise. (and a yearly three cent raise, woohoo)

None. Either take it or don't.

Management Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BI-LO in February 2009.

Process was fairly quick. Did a 4 person panel of members of upper management, Very friendly and easy to talk with.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about past behaviors and how I could have handled differently. Covered my knowledge of profit and loss statements.   Answer Question

Bagger Interview

basic questions like why did you want the job you apply they call you you go there you go to the interview you take a test on a computer about three hours long that teaches you about bilo and all the procedures question and answers really easy to get the job

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BI-LO.

Filled out an application online. Contacted maybe a month later. Called in for an interview that consisted of a few questions that seemed more for verification purposes and maybe a question regarding past jobs. Offered job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Worked for BI-LO? Contribute to the Community!