BISSELL

BISSELL Interview Questions

3.4

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BISSELL.

Extremely complicated. Met with multiple people during a period of several days. Met with people from all areas of the business - from engineering team members to industrial designers to people in the marketing department. Had to take tests and even meet with a psychologist! Overall, it was a good experience - the people are very friendly and try to get to know you to make sure you would be a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • The engineering manager at the time gave me a pump and asked me to tell him how it worked.   Answer Question
    Over the phone - they made a great offer and I accepted immediately.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BISSELL in August 2012.

Pre-screen via resume, followup phone interview where they gather additional information, followed by a formal application for employment and in-person interview(s). Phone interview was pretty tame, and the in-person one as well. Was presented with multiple hypothetical scenarios regarding purchasing activity and several "what would you do if..."

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty tame, some industry- and job-specific "what ifs". I was tripped up with "what qualities do you think make a successful manager"   Answer Question

Better pay at another company.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BISSELL in July 2011.

I met the company at a career fair and they called about an interview at the HQ soon after. One on one interview with tour and then a panel consisting of the entire team.

Interview Questions
    Starting and ending time were negotiable but salary was not.

Intern Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BISSELL in March 2012.

I applied, went through a phone screening and had a two hour interview where I met with 4 different individuals. The interview went very well and was very comfortable. Unfortunately, they decided to hire a full-time employee instead of an intern.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to provide suggestions that I thought could improve their marketing/communication department.   Answer Question
    • They asked about my experience in social media and graphic design.   Answer Question

Industrial Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BISSELL in February 2011.

I was contacted through a head hunting agency. There was an initial telephone interview followed by a face interview at the recruiting agency's office. Then I had an initial interview with the general management before I was interviewed with the lead director of the division.

Interview Questions
    • Do you mind doing other people's work?   View Answer
    I was able to get my desired salary.