BISSELL Interview Questions

3.4

Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BISSELL (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Extremely complicated. Met with multiple people during a period of several days. Met with people from all areas of the business - from engineering team members to industrial designers to people in the marketing department. Had to take tests and even meet with a psychologist! Overall, it was a good experience - the people are very friendly and try to get to know you to make sure you would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• The engineering manager at the time gave me a pump and asked me to tell him how it worked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Over the phone - they made a great offer and I accepted immediately.

Procurement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BISSELL (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

Pre-screen via resume, followup phone interview where they gather additional information, followed by a formal application for employment and in-person interview(s). Phone interview was pretty tame, and the in-person one as well. Was presented with multiple hypothetical scenarios regarding purchasing activity and several "what would you do if..."

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty tame, some industry- and job-specific "what ifs". I was tripped up with "what qualities do you think make a successful manager"   Answer Question

Better pay at another company.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BISSELL (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2011.

Interview

I met the company at a career fair and they called about an interview at the HQ soon after. One on one interview with tour and then a panel consisting of the entire team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting and ending time were negotiable but salary was not.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BISSELL in March 2012.

Interview

I applied, went through a phone screening and had a two hour interview where I met with 4 different individuals. The interview went very well and was very comfortable. Unfortunately, they decided to hire a full-time employee instead of an intern.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to provide suggestions that I thought could improve their marketing/communication department.   Answer Question
    • They asked about my experience in social media and graphic design.   Answer Question

Industrial Designer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BISSELL (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2011.

Interview

I was contacted through a head hunting agency. There was an initial telephone interview followed by a face interview at the recruiting agency's office. Then I had an initial interview with the general management before I was interviewed with the lead director of the division.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind doing other people's work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to get my desired salary.