BJ Services Field Engineer Interview Questions

2.3

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ Services in April 2009.

Interview

I wastold what the requirements were for the jobs. They mentioned that it would be a very time consuming job. I would be provided with a company truck and would be on call for the first 6 months. Asked me a few questions about my university studies, but mostly about previous experience. Told me where my options to work would be and to select my top 5. There were no technical questions in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself wanting to be in five years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BJ Services

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BJ Services (Austin, TX) in January 2008.

Interview

1. Initial Interview at conference 2. round table interview at site 3. technical aptitude test 4. Lunch 5. Offer

Interview Questions

• Pretty much standard but the main question is " Can you work well with those that do not like you or difficult employees"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it. Broken promises in progression that was given in offer letter.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ Services in June 2011.

Interview

The initial communication was via email notifying of the vacancy which resulted in me completing the application form and emailing same to the hiring manager. I then had a phone interview about 2 weeks after emailed confirmation that my application was recieved. The interview was cordial and informal, conducted in a relax manner, lasting about half hour. I had applied for a Region Engineer position, which might had been slightly over my present experience, but based on my combined experience, education and training to date, I was still interviewed so that the hiring manager would become more knowledgable as to my service offering. During the interview I was informed to keep in touch as there would be upcoming developmental positions, to which my present combined experience, education and training would be more suited. During a training trip to the US one and a half months after the phone interview, I coordinated to meet with the hiring manager, and had a 1:1 interview at which time he offered me in principle one of the available mid-level positions, to which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• If I was to be made an offer now, how soon would I be able to transition?   1 Answer

Negotiation

At this present time I am awaiting the HR to issue the formal offer so that the transition process can begin in earnest.