BJ Services Interview Questions

1.6

Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houma, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BJ Services (Houma, LA) in July 2008.

Interview

I had a good honest interview and I was satisfied with the offer and the presentation.

Interview Questions

The company seemed to be behind the times and seemed not to know how to shake off the title of low tech/low cost service provider. Making the leap for me seemed to be risky based on their past with layoffs and pay reductions. You must provide security to to get the employees that can take you to the next level of service. They may even think about iron clad 5 year contracts, because I would never take the risk of going to work there when I compare them to my current job.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BJ Services (Denver, CO) in February 2009.

Interview

Met BJ Human Resourcse at Job Fair in Houston Interviewed by Technical and regional manager at dinner a week later Flown to Denver a week later to meet hiring manager a week later Job Offer made contingent on physical exam results The people and work culture seemed very informal (no tie), and blunt

Negotiation

They asked what I wanted, I told them, they accepted.

Account Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BJ Services in July 2008.

Interview

The interviewing process was very informal. I believe they relied heavily on the fact that I was referred to them by an employee. That told me that there is great deal of trust between managment and the employees. The interview was a one on one with the district manager. Interview was painless.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BJ Services in December 2010.

Interview

I was treated well and with respect. I had previous experience and that was recognized and we even bypassed a lot of the regular new hire orientation stuff. THe man conducting the interview hired me on the spot and discussed salary options as well. What they offered was actually more than I was making at the previous job and no negotiaion was needed.

Interview Questions

• There were really no "interview" questions asked. When I told them of my experience and my desires, they just jumped right in and started talking with me as if I were already hired.   1 Answer

Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kilgore, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BJ Services (Kilgore, TX) in August 2009.

Interview

went to a hiring event in Longview, Tx showed them my resame. Had a one on one interview with a hourly hand, and a enterview with a manament. I had worked over 30 years in oil and gas i think my interview was shorter then some. Went for a drud test the next week, background, and DOT test. Three week I was working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations it is a take or leave offer.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BJ Services in April 2010.

Interview

Very easy process once you are contacted

Negotiation

very simple

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BJ Services in April 2009.

Interview

I wastold what the requirements were for the jobs. They mentioned that it would be a very time consuming job. I would be provided with a company truck and would be on call for the first 6 months. Asked me a few questions about my university studies, but mostly about previous experience. Told me where my options to work would be and to select my top 5. There were no technical questions in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself wanting to be in five years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BJ Services (Austin, TX) in January 2008.

Interview

1. Initial Interview at conference 2. round table interview at site 3. technical aptitude test 4. Lunch 5. Offer

Interview Questions

• Pretty much standard but the main question is " Can you work well with those that do not like you or difficult employees"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it. Broken promises in progression that was given in offer letter.

Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ Services (Denver, CO) in January 2010.

Interview

Worked out great, and I did phone interview first. Then I faxed in resume a day ahead. Got there and they had it waiting. Talked. We liked each other. Made offers, accepted them.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BJ Services in June 2011.

Interview

The initial communication was via email notifying of the vacancy which resulted in me completing the application form and emailing same to the hiring manager. I then had a phone interview about 2 weeks after emailed confirmation that my application was recieved. The interview was cordial and informal, conducted in a relax manner, lasting about half hour. I had applied for a Region Engineer position, which might had been slightly over my present experience, but based on my combined experience, education and training to date, I was still interviewed so that the hiring manager would become more knowledgable as to my service offering. During the interview I was informed to keep in touch as there would be upcoming developmental positions, to which my present combined experience, education and training would be more suited. During a training trip to the US one and a half months after the phone interview, I coordinated to meet with the hiring manager, and had a 1:1 interview at which time he offered me in principle one of the available mid-level positions, to which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• If I was to be made an offer now, how soon would I be able to transition?   1 Answer

Negotiation

At this present time I am awaiting the HR to issue the formal offer so that the transition process can begin in earnest.