BJ's Restaurants Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015

1.6

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online and the next day got a call to set up an interview for two days later. I was interviewed by an assistant manager who was very nonchalant and relaxed, he asked about the hours I would be able to work and my previous work experience. The interview lasted about five minutes and then he set me up for a second interview for the following day. In the second interview I was interviewed by the manager who was very nice and also relaxed. The interview also lasted about five minutes and he just asked questions about my personality. I was hired on the spot and asked to come in the following day to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you had to deal with a rude person, and what was the end result.   Answer Question
  • If a coworker isn't performing their job as their supposed too, what do you think should be done?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BJ's Restaurants

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

The interview was relatively quick and painless. Just a few questions. It was more about meeting and feeling your presence and if it is friendly enough to match the restaurant's desired brand image. And showing up on time is crucial!

Interview Questions

• Not many tricky questions as I remember. It is very straightforward   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was 3 days long in one week. Each interview was about 15 minutes long. It was clear that if you advance to the next interview, the manager liked you. And you weren't hire on the spot after the third interview. You had to wait to call you the next day to see if they wanted you.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult costumer and how did you make them happy.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and about 3 weeks later I got a call back for an interview a few days later. Got there and I had to wait 20 minutes until the manager (was a completely different one from the one I spoke to on the phone) finally came over and brought me to a booth. Its not like they were that busy and they had plenty of people working, so I don't know what the holdup was. The interview lasted less than five minutes and I could barely understand what he was saying. He said that if they're going to hire me they'll call me the next day and if they don't then I didn't get the job. Never got called back, the least they could do though was just tell me right there that they weren't going to hire me.

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Denton, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

The environment for this interview was very nice, it was just the person I was being interviewed by. Yes, it was my first interview, but i was't even given a chance. He acted like I was wasting his time and didn't really have any kind of interest in interviewing me, or anyone else for that matter. I was interviewed by one of the chefs, I'm assuming because of his chef jacket, which was a little odd to me. None-the-less, within 5 minutes he pretty much told they weren't going to hire me.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in July 2014.

Interview

Very pleasant yet short talk with the manager on duty. I felt it went well. I told the manager I was up for the challenge and enjoyed customer service. I felt like they take a lot of pride in putting the customer first.

Interview Questions

• I don't have any recent experience so I had to sell myself as a great person to take a chance on.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

The interview process was really relaxed asked a few questions basic "why do you want to work here" questions and the interview was over. He told me that he would call back thurssday morning but never called back but i wasn't to worried.

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Little Rock, AR) in June 2014.

Interview

They asked me about my other jobs & why do I want to quit them. Then asked about my work ethic basically pretty easy process I was offered the job then 10 minutes after leavening they didn't want to hire me cuz I leave a McDonalds bag in their parking lot...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Orlando, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

I saw an ad on Craigslist that they were hiring. I applied online, went in that day and asked to speak to a manager. The manager went over my application and asked me a few questions about my current job and why I wanted to work there. Then she set up an interview with the Senior Asst manager a couple of days later. He asked me about my availability, experience, how I would work there on top off school and another job. Then he set up an interview with the GM. He asked me a few situational questions and asked about my work performance. After about 10 minutes he extended an offer and I had orientation the next day. All managers were really nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• When faced with multiple tasks at once, how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Lubbock, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied here in Lubbock like two weeks ago and I surprisingly got a call when I came back from college for an interview the next day. I showed up and did my interview with two different managers and I got hired somewhat on the spot! I had submit my documents the next week so wish me luck! I would definitely be confident on your answers since the questions are simple, yet more something that they would like to get you know better. The managers were super sweet.

Interview Questions

• What is the role of a hostess and why would a hostess be important to the company?   1 Answer