BJ's Restaurants Hostess Interview Questions

1.7

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in August 2014.

The environment for this interview was very nice, it was just the person I was being interviewed by. Yes, it was my first interview, but i was't even given a chance. He acted like I was wasting his time and didn't really have any kind of interest in interviewing me, or anyone else for that matter. I was interviewed by one of the chefs, I'm assuming because of his chef jacket, which was a little odd to me. None-the-less, within 5 minutes he pretty much told they weren't going to hire me.

Other Interview Reviews for BJ's Restaurants

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in July 2014.

Very pleasant yet short talk with the manager on duty. I felt it went well. I told the manager I was up for the challenge and enjoyed customer service. I felt like they take a lot of pride in putting the customer first.

Interview Questions
    • I don't have any recent experience so I had to sell myself as a great person to take a chance on.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

The interview process was really relaxed asked a few questions basic "why do you want to work here" questions and the interview was over. He told me that he would call back thurssday morning but never called back but i wasn't to worried.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in June 2014.

They asked me about my other jobs & why do I want to quit them. Then asked about my work ethic basically pretty easy process I was offered the job then 10 minutes after leavening they didn't want to hire me cuz I leave a McDonalds bag in their parking lot...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in April 2014.

I saw an ad on Craigslist that they were hiring. I applied online, went in that day and asked to speak to a manager. The manager went over my application and asked me a few questions about my current job and why I wanted to work there. Then she set up an interview with the Senior Asst manager a couple of days later. He asked me about my availability, experience, how I would work there on top off school and another job. Then he set up an interview with the GM. He asked me a few situational questions and asked about my work performance. After about 10 minutes he extended an offer and I had orientation the next day. All managers were really nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • When faced with multiple tasks at once, how would you handle the situation?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in August 2013.

I applied here in Lubbock like two weeks ago and I surprisingly got a call when I came back from college for an interview the next day. I showed up and did my interview with two different managers and I got hired somewhat on the spot! I had submit my documents the next week so wish me luck! I would definitely be confident on your answers since the questions are simple, yet more something that they would like to get you know better. The managers were super sweet.

Interview Questions
    • What is the role of a hostess and why would a hostess be important to the company?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in April 2012.

Saw an ad on craigslist.com about a job for a Host/Hostess. Filled application out that morning, Got a call later on that day at 10:30 saying come in for an interview at 2:00. I came in, waited about 5 minutes for the interviewer. She came out, was very nice and upbeat. She basically only asked me describe a time i had to come up with a solution to a help an angry customer. (I referred back to a time when I worked at Macy's). She hired me on the spot and i go in for orientation on Thursday :) I'm VERY excited !

Interview Questions
    • Think back to a time when you had to help an angry customer.   View Answer
    She asked me what was my rate of pay. Since I have no experience, I told her minimum wage. Which is $7.31 in FL. She actually told me the start the rate of pay at 8.25 which was actually better for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in March 2012.

I had a friend who worked there, she told me when someone got fired and so I applied and was interviewed the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in March 2012.

Came for an interview, asked normal questions, like "why do you want to work here?" and "do you think you will be able to work in a stressful/fast paced environment?". Came for a 2nd interview with the GM. Got the job almost immediately.

Interview Questions
    • Name an experience where the guest was difficult/unsatisfied and what did you do to fix it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in September 2011.

Really laid back. It was more like a friendly conversation. No real tough questions at all.

Interview Questions
    • How many hours I wanted to work while in grad school.   View Answer
    Non negotiable. Pay is low, but you get a free meal each shift.