BJ's Restaurants

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Denton, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in August 2014.

Interview Details – The environment for this interview was very nice, it was just the person I was being interviewed by. Yes, it was my first interview, but i was't even given a chance. He acted like I was wasting his time and didn't really have any kind of interest in interviewing me, or anyone else for that matter. I was interviewed by one of the chefs, I'm assuming because of his chef jacket, which was a little odd to me. None-the-less, within 5 minutes he pretty much told they weren't going to hire me.

Hostess

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in July 2014.

Interview Details – Very pleasant yet short talk with the manager on duty. I felt it went well. I told the manager I was up for the challenge and enjoyed customer service. I felt like they take a lot of pride in putting the customer first.

Interview Question – I don't have any recent experience so I had to sell myself as a great person to take a chance on.   Answer Question

Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in June 2014.

Interview Details – They asked me about my other jobs & why do I want to quit them. Then asked about my work ethic basically pretty easy process I was offered the job then 10 minutes after leavening they didn't want to hire me cuz I leave a McDonalds bag in their parking lot...

Interview Question – Past work experience   View Answer

Hostess

I applied online and interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview Details – The interview process was really relaxed asked a few questions basic "why do you want to work here" questions and the interview was over. He told me that he would call back thurssday morning but never called back but i wasn't to worried.

Interview Question – What is hospitality to you ?   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in April 2014.

Interview Details – I saw an ad on Craigslist that they were hiring. I applied online, went in that day and asked to speak to a manager. The manager went over my application and asked me a few questions about my current job and why I wanted to work there. Then she set up an interview with the Senior Asst manager a couple of days later. He asked me about my availability, experience, how I would work there on top off school and another job. Then he set up an interview with the GM. He asked me a few situational questions and asked about my work performance. After about 10 minutes he extended an offer and I had orientation the next day. All managers were really nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – When faced with multiple tasks at once, how would you handle the situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Foster City, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in March 2012.

Interview Details – Came for an interview, asked normal questions, like "why do you want to work here?" and "do you think you will be able to work in a stressful/fast paced environment?". Came for a 2nd interview with the GM. Got the job almost immediately.

Interview Question – Name an experience where the guest was difficult/unsatisfied and what did you do to fix it   Answer Question

Dublin, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in July 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and received a call for an interview the next morning. The application consisted of the usual 'type-in' information then asked you to complete a math test and a personality assessment.

At the interview, I first sat down with one of the "regular" managers. He asked about my previous knowledge of their restaurant, my favorite items, etc. Very easy. I then went back to the waiting room, waited another thirty minutes and then interviewed with the General Manager. He asked me what my major was in school and then we talked about that for twenty minutes before he told me the pay scale.

Interview Question – Describe our PM Porter. (One of their hand-crafted beers)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. He gave me the pay and I accepted. Hostess pay was based on school level. Those in high school received a base pay, those in college received $0.50 more, and those with degrees received $1.00 more.

Lubbock, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied here in Lubbock like two weeks ago and I surprisingly got a call when I came back from college for an interview the next day. I showed up and did my interview with two different managers and I got hired somewhat on the spot! I had submit my documents the next week so wish me luck! I would definitely be confident on your answers since the questions are simple, yet more something that they would like to get you know better. The managers were super sweet.

Interview Question – What is the role of a hostess and why would a hostess be important to the company?   View Answer

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in September 2011.

Interview Details – Really laid back. It was more like a friendly conversation. No real tough questions at all.

Interview Question – How many hours I wanted to work while in grad school.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable. Pay is low, but you get a free meal each shift.

Aurora, CO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had a friend who worked there, she told me when someone got fired and so I applied and was interviewed the next day.

Interview Question – Are you able to handle a busy restaurant environment?   Answer Question

Worked for BJ's Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!