BJ's Restaurants

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in June 2014.

Interview Details – They asked me about my other jobs & why do I want to quit them. Then asked about my work ethic basically pretty easy process I was offered the job then 10 minutes after leavening they didn't want to hire me cuz I leave a McDonalds bag in their parking lot...

Interview Question – Past work experience   View Answer

Hostess

I applied online and interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview Details – The interview process was really relaxed asked a few questions basic "why do you want to work here" questions and the interview was over. He told me that he would call back thurssday morning but never called back but i wasn't to worried.

Interview Question – What is hospitality to you ?   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in April 2014.

Interview Details – I saw an ad on Craigslist that they were hiring. I applied online, went in that day and asked to speak to a manager. The manager went over my application and asked me a few questions about my current job and why I wanted to work there. Then she set up an interview with the Senior Asst manager a couple of days later. He asked me about my availability, experience, how I would work there on top off school and another job. Then he set up an interview with the GM. He asked me a few situational questions and asked about my work performance. After about 10 minutes he extended an offer and I had orientation the next day. All managers were really nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – When faced with multiple tasks at once, how would you handle the situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Foster City, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in March 2012.

Interview Details – Came for an interview, asked normal questions, like "why do you want to work here?" and "do you think you will be able to work in a stressful/fast paced environment?". Came for a 2nd interview with the GM. Got the job almost immediately.

Interview Question – Name an experience where the guest was difficult/unsatisfied and what did you do to fix it   Answer Question

Dublin, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in July 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and received a call for an interview the next morning. The application consisted of the usual 'type-in' information then asked you to complete a math test and a personality assessment.

At the interview, I first sat down with one of the "regular" managers. He asked about my previous knowledge of their restaurant, my favorite items, etc. Very easy. I then went back to the waiting room, waited another thirty minutes and then interviewed with the General Manager. He asked me what my major was in school and then we talked about that for twenty minutes before he told me the pay scale.

Interview Question – Describe our PM Porter. (One of their hand-crafted beers)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. He gave me the pay and I accepted. Hostess pay was based on school level. Those in high school received a base pay, those in college received $0.50 more, and those with degrees received $1.00 more.

Lubbock, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied here in Lubbock like two weeks ago and I surprisingly got a call when I came back from college for an interview the next day. I showed up and did my interview with two different managers and I got hired somewhat on the spot! I had submit my documents the next week so wish me luck! I would definitely be confident on your answers since the questions are simple, yet more something that they would like to get you know better. The managers were super sweet.

Interview Question – What is the role of a hostess and why would a hostess be important to the company?   View Answer

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in September 2011.

Interview Details – Really laid back. It was more like a friendly conversation. No real tough questions at all.

Interview Question – How many hours I wanted to work while in grad school.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable. Pay is low, but you get a free meal each shift.

Aurora, CO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had a friend who worked there, she told me when someone got fired and so I applied and was interviewed the next day.

Interview Question – Are you able to handle a busy restaurant environment?   Answer Question

Saint Petersburg, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in April 2012.

Interview Details – Saw an ad on craigslist.com about a job for a Host/Hostess. Filled application out that morning, Got a call later on that day at 10:30 saying come in for an interview at 2:00. I came in, waited about 5 minutes for the interviewer. She came out, was very nice and upbeat. She basically only asked me describe a time i had to come up with a solution to a help an angry customer. (I referred back to a time when I worked at Macy's). She hired me on the spot and i go in for orientation on Thursday :) I'm VERY excited !

Interview Question – Think back to a time when you had to help an angry customer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – She asked me what was my rate of pay. Since I have no experience, I told her minimum wage. Which is $7.31 in FL. She actually told me the start the rate of pay at 8.25 which was actually better for me.

Pembroke Pines, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was called to schedule an interview after applying online. One of the managers interviewed me asking why I choose hospitality, where do I see myself in five years, why did I choose that restaurant, how did I hear about the opening,basic interview questions. Then I was invited for a second interview a few days later with the general manager. He asked some of the same questions, what skills can you bring, how do you deal with certain situations, etc. He explained the requirements of a hostess, asked if I would be comfortable with that, I said yes. Was hired right there and filled out my paperwork.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years with this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I think you can, but I didn't.

Worked for BJ's Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!