BJ's Restaurants Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.1

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call the very same day. Met for the interview 2 days later. The interview took 10 minutes, easiest interview of my life! Got offered the job on the spot. Paid 2 hour orientation will take place in a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told him my availability and there was no problems with it at all.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Reno, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

My first interview went really well. He even called my current boss and then invited me back for a second interview. The first interview went well. He asked me basic questions and explained the job better. The second interview was completely different from the first. They lost my application, so I had to answer the same questions as I did from the first interview. Then the guy I was interviewing with said he was going to get me set up with somebody else. 15 minutes later, a different guy came back with my application (guess they found it). He asked me the same questions the first guy asked me. He started interviewing me for a server which is not what my first interview was for. In the end, he said he couldn't offer me a job and that he has other interviews. I think I might still have a chance to get it (if i understood him correctly; he wasn't very clear), but I don't want it anymore because of how different my interview experiences were. All in all, the first interview was great. It was relaxed and easy. The second interview was a disaster. I was getting anxious because of the time they made me wait. I was no longer nervous about the interview; instead I was getting a little angry that they were unorganized and seemed to know nothing about my first interview (which they had no idea I had). I don't think I tried very hard on the questions the second guy asked me because I was annoyed at how hectic this interview was; plus I was already on the fence about quitting my current job for BJ's. It's my fault I didn't get it, but I still would have liked to have been interviewed for the same job both times. Like I said, it was a completely different experience and I was super uncomfortable in the second one.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview: Why i wanted to work there? Give an example of a time where I went above and beyond for a customer. 2nd interview: My experience, why I wanted to work there (asked twice by both men), what my goals were for the company, my availability, give an example of how I handle rude customers.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview

Great PR skills willing to learn new ideas. My name is Taylor and I'm interested in your server position. I have experience as a waitress first starting at vans pigs stand in Moore ok. Then I became a server at Ricky's cafe Mexican restaurant in Moore please email me if interested in working with me. Kurtsagers1962@gmail. Would be the best way to reach me thanks.

Interview Questions

• What were you interviewing for?   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

I never went through the interview process. I applied online. You fill out an application and from there you are required to do a test that determines your skills at numbers and critical thinking. After that the second portion is all about you - no right or wrong answers. It takes about 10 minutes or longer to do depending on how you want to answer so make sure you have time on your hands to complete everything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

It was simple. They ask about previous experience with guests and employees. They are very engaging and want your personality to shine through. Also, make sure you dress appropriately, they do go off apperiance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied about two weeks ago, they called about a week after I applied. I had my interview today and was offered a second interview which i also scheduled for today it ended up being 3hrs later. the questions were fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was what would your past employer say one thing that you need to change about yourself.   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online and the next day got a call to set up an interview for two days later. I was interviewed by an assistant manager who was very nonchalant and relaxed, he asked about the hours I would be able to work and my previous work experience. The interview lasted about five minutes and then he set me up for a second interview for the following day. In the second interview I was interviewed by the manager who was very nice and also relaxed. The interview also lasted about five minutes and he just asked questions about my personality. I was hired on the spot and asked to come in the following day to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you had to deal with a rude person, and what was the end result.   Answer Question
    • If a coworker isn't performing their job as their supposed too, what do you think should be done?   Answer Question

Host and Serving Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Sacramento, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Really laid back and comfortable. I was interviewed by a manager, the Assistant general manager and then finally I met the General manager. I enjoyed the entire process because it was stress free with a nice atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of you using team work?   1 Answer

Host/Takeout Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hurst, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Hurst, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and took about 6 days to get a call back for an interview. Had 2 interviews and applied for Hostess and takeout. I got rescheduled from original appointment time and when i got there, I had to wait 20 minutes. The 1st interview was a hiring manager that lasted less than 10 minutes and she basically assured me that I had a job for being a hostess. This manager asked me to come the next day for a interview with the GM. Came back the next day and the GM was very rude. He even left the table to speak with other employees 3 TIMES. He would forget what we were speaking about and then informed that they hired a lot of hostess and maybe I should consider another position inside the restaurant. He basically devalued me and said I was possibly going to be best for a busser or a prep cook. Even with my previous job experience. I declined his offer for being any of those positions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a host? Why do you want to work at BJ's? Whats the best value can add you into this company? Can you work Sundays? Can you tell me something about yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Cerritos, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process is mainly about your previous restaurant work experience if any. your customer service skills and ability to work with a big team. Weekends are almost necessary to be available to work since it is the busiest time of the week. be a multi tasker and the ability to communicate with many personalities. you will have 2-3 interviews so multiple managers can have a taste of the type of person you are before officially hired

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had an issue with a guest and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question