BJ's Restaurants Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.1

Bartender Interview

Interview

It was a series of several online profiles and questionnaires that asked you everything from personal information to character and problem solving abilities. Overall, the first half of the online portion of the interview is what you would generally expect; however, the second portion seemed very unusual, especially for the job. It was a timed multiple choice test that required everything from math skills to higher level thinking.

Interview Questions

• There was a strange multiple question timed test that required you to solve either brain teasers or math problems   Answer Question

Busser Interview

Interview

I applied online. Be sure to completely fill out the twelve pages of questions which have nothing to do with cleaning food off of tables. This is one of the stricter restaurants for which I have worked. Also they are so profit driven that internal advancement is not a priority.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Server Interview

Interview

Applied online, was called within the week to go in for an interview ASAP, interviewed the next day and got the job. Started training the next day and was on the floor within a week.

Service Assistant Interview

Interview

Three interviews, basic questions. Asked about past work experience. Asked about weaknesses and strengths. Took about two weeks to hire. Pay was nonnegotiable. I had to go in in-person for them to even look at my resume. If you look sharp you will mostly likely get the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Denton, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

The environment for this interview was very nice, it was just the person I was being interviewed by. Yes, it was my first interview, but i was't even given a chance. He acted like I was wasting his time and didn't really have any kind of interest in interviewing me, or anyone else for that matter. I was interviewed by one of the chefs, I'm assuming because of his chef jacket, which was a little odd to me. None-the-less, within 5 minutes he pretty much told they weren't going to hire me.

Delivery/Takeout Interview

Interview

The interview and hiring process was fairly quick. This particular location holds open interviews every Monday and Tuesday from 2 to 4pm. I went in on Monday and had an interview, we set one up for Tuesday, and my last one was with the GM on a Thursday. He offered me the position on the spot. The following day, which was a Friday, I had orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since I have no experience in the food service industry, plus making tips, there was no negotiations.

Server Interview

Interview

Great PR skills willing to learn new ideas. My name is Taylor and I'm interested in your server position. I have experience as a waitress first starting at vans pigs stand in Moore ok. Then I became a server at Ricky's cafe Mexican restaurant in Moore please email me if interested in working with me. Kurtsagers1962@gmail. Would be the best way to reach me thanks.

Interview Questions

• What were you interviewing for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

They pretty much asked me if i had had any previous serving experience, which was one of the most important things here. As is at any other restaurant. I did have experience and I got he job. They asked normal interview questions, and training was fun/easy. STUDY THE MENU lol...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

It was fairly short. As with all restaurants you want to come in Mon-Thurs between 2-4 (the universal afternoon lull), I brought a resume and some personality. They seemed to be desperate, so I was offered a job on the spot. They do, though, make you go online and fill out this ridiculous questionnaire. My sister filled one out and it said she was "too inconsistent". So just be careful with their phrasing and rephrasing of the same stupid questions over and over.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There isn't one. As a server you make 2.13 an hour, plus whatever tips you make.

Host/Takeout Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview process was really easy. I walked in to establishment where I wanted to work. I asked for the manager and then he asked me to fill out a form since I came in when they were looking for positions. I f they have time they set up a interview with you on the spot and ask you to get some stuff together in the meantime. At the interview, if the manager likes you, you will be offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer