BJ's Restaurants Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.1

Bartender Interview

Interview

It was a series of several online profiles and questionnaires that asked you everything from personal information to character and problem solving abilities. Overall, the first half of the online portion of the interview is what you would generally expect; however, the second portion seemed very unusual, especially for the job. It was a timed multiple choice test that required everything from math skills to higher level thinking.

Interview Questions

• There was a strange multiple question timed test that required you to solve either brain teasers or math problems   Answer Question

Busser Interview

Interview

I applied online. Be sure to completely fill out the twelve pages of questions which have nothing to do with cleaning food off of tables. This is one of the stricter restaurants for which I have worked. Also they are so profit driven that internal advancement is not a priority.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Server Interview

Interview

Applied online, was called within the week to go in for an interview ASAP, interviewed the next day and got the job. Started training the next day and was on the floor within a week.

Service Assistant Interview

Interview

Three interviews, basic questions. Asked about past work experience. Asked about weaknesses and strengths. Took about two weeks to hire. Pay was nonnegotiable. I had to go in in-person for them to even look at my resume. If you look sharp you will mostly likely get the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Denton, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

The environment for this interview was very nice, it was just the person I was being interviewed by. Yes, it was my first interview, but i was't even given a chance. He acted like I was wasting his time and didn't really have any kind of interest in interviewing me, or anyone else for that matter. I was interviewed by one of the chefs, I'm assuming because of his chef jacket, which was a little odd to me. None-the-less, within 5 minutes he pretty much told they weren't going to hire me.

Delivery/Takeout Interview

Interview

The interview and hiring process was fairly quick. This particular location holds open interviews every Monday and Tuesday from 2 to 4pm. I went in on Monday and had an interview, we set one up for Tuesday, and my last one was with the GM on a Thursday. He offered me the position on the spot. The following day, which was a Friday, I had orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since I have no experience in the food service industry, plus making tips, there was no negotiations.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (McAllen, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Had two interviews with 2 of the 4 managers there, Joe White, and the GM Mark Reis.
    Overall each interview took about 15 minutes and they were basic questions about my experience and my experiences there. Joe was extremely professional, where to Mark was a bit more laid back and worried about little things like appearance, but all in all it was a swift and easy procedure.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Mafter a day or two of my application being submitted I was offered a job as a server. After the interviews they told me my first day, and that was all.

Prep Cook Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in August 2014.

Interview

My interview was more basic because I had three friends who worked there that recommended me to the gm. I got called a week after I did the application and was hired on the spot. The questions were basically What was I interested in doing, what kind of prep experience do I have? Why am I leaving my current job? What about the company appeals to me.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses? Always a hard question.   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

The interview was relatively quick and painless. Just a few questions. It was more about meeting and feeling your presence and if it is friendly enough to match the restaurant's desired brand image. And showing up on time is crucial!

Interview Questions

• Not many tricky questions as I remember. It is very straightforward   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in March 2013.

Interview

Easy. Show up. Dress nice. Tell them about your experience and make sure to have a good resume with lots of experience. Know how to multi-task and play nice with others.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite leader?   1 Answer