BJ's Restaurants Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.1

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Reno, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

My first interview went really well. He even called my current boss and then invited me back for a second interview. The first interview went well. He asked me basic questions and explained the job better. The second interview was completely different from the first. They lost my application, so I had to answer the same questions as I did from the first interview. Then the guy I was interviewing with said he was going to get me set up with somebody else. 15 minutes later, a different guy came back with my application (guess they found it). He asked me the same questions the first guy asked me. He started interviewing me for a server which is not what my first interview was for. In the end, he said he couldn't offer me a job and that he has other interviews. I think I might still have a chance to get it (if i understood him correctly; he wasn't very clear), but I don't want it anymore because of how different my interview experiences were. All in all, the first interview was great. It was relaxed and easy. The second interview was a disaster. I was getting anxious because of the time they made me wait. I was no longer nervous about the interview; instead I was getting a little angry that they were unorganized and seemed to know nothing about my first interview (which they had no idea I had). I don't think I tried very hard on the questions the second guy asked me because I was annoyed at how hectic this interview was; plus I was already on the fence about quitting my current job for BJ's. It's my fault I didn't get it, but I still would have liked to have been interviewed for the same job both times. Like I said, it was a completely different experience and I was super uncomfortable in the second one.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview: Why i wanted to work there? Give an example of a time where I went above and beyond for a customer. 2nd interview: My experience, why I wanted to work there (asked twice by both men), what my goals were for the company, my availability, give an example of how I handle rude customers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Denver, CO) in April 2014.

Interview

One on one with manager as a first interview. Scheduled for a 2nd interview a couple days later. Asked about hobbies, likes & dislikes, expectations for job, career plans, school etc. Very open about scheduling needs and expectations which was appreciated and even let me talk to some current team members.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Torrance, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I had to come in three times for two different interviews, first with a manager and second with a general manager. The process was fairly simple, they didn't ask anything hard and the second interview was more so to meet the GM and not to actually have a lot of questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

They pretty much asked me if i had had any previous serving experience, which was one of the most important things here. As is at any other restaurant. I did have experience and I got he job. They asked normal interview questions, and training was fun/easy. STUDY THE MENU lol...

Server Interview

Interview

Great PR skills willing to learn new ideas. My name is Taylor and I'm interested in your server position. I have experience as a waitress first starting at vans pigs stand in Moore ok. Then I became a server at Ricky's cafe Mexican restaurant in Moore please email me if interested in working with me. Kurtsagers1962@gmail. Would be the best way to reach me thanks.

Interview Questions

• What were you interviewing for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Laurel, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview and hiring was fast and I had my phone interview one day, came in for my second and third and was hired on the spot. The same day, along with a roomful of newly hired staff we filled out loads of paperwork. New restaurant full staffed hired around the same time.

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

I never went through the interview process. I applied online. You fill out an application and from there you are required to do a test that determines your skills at numbers and critical thinking. After that the second portion is all about you - no right or wrong answers. It takes about 10 minutes or longer to do depending on how you want to answer so make sure you have time on your hands to complete everything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied about two weeks ago, they called about a week after I applied. I had my interview today and was offered a second interview which i also scheduled for today it ended up being 3hrs later. the questions were fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was what would your past employer say one thing that you need to change about yourself.   1 Answer

Host/Takeout Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview process was really easy. I walked in to establishment where I wanted to work. I asked for the manager and then he asked me to fill out a form since I came in when they were looking for positions. I f they have time they set up a interview with you on the spot and ask you to get some stuff together in the meantime. At the interview, if the manager likes you, you will be offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

It was simple. They ask about previous experience with guests and employees. They are very engaging and want your personality to shine through. Also, make sure you dress appropriately, they do go off apperiance.