BJ's Restaurants

Updated Jan 12, 2015
Updated Jan 12, 2015

2.1

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in July 2014.

Very pleasant yet short talk with the manager on duty. I felt it went well. I told the manager I was up for the challenge and enjoyed customer service. I felt like they take a lot of pride in putting the customer first.

Interview Questions
    • I don't have any recent experience so I had to sell myself as a great person to take a chance on.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

The interview process was really relaxed asked a few questions basic "why do you want to work here" questions and the interview was over. He told me that he would call back thurssday morning but never called back but i wasn't to worried.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in June 2014.

Was a surprisingly quick interview process. After submitting an application online, I asked to speak with the manager in the store, he was willing to interview me right then and there. He asked me to come back the next day for a second interview and after that one they offered me the job. Very relaxed interviews overall. They seemed to just want to get a general sense of my personality, work ethic, leadership ability, and interest in BJ's specifically. Come prepared with some basic information about BJ's culture and values. They seemed to like that I knew BJ's goal as a restaurant and was able to communicate that.

Interview Questions
    • Questions ranged anywhere from "Why apply for BJ's over other restaurants?" to "If you were going to the movies with your friends and you really wanted to see a particular movie, how likely is it you would all end up seeing that movie?" Be ready to talk about BJ's and talk about how your personality plays out in life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in June 2014.

They asked me about my other jobs & why do I want to quit them. Then asked about my work ethic basically pretty easy process I was offered the job then 10 minutes after leavening they didn't want to hire me cuz I leave a McDonalds bag in their parking lot...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied online – interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

I applied online and they called me about a month later for an interview. I was hired on the spot after interviewing with two managers, one of which was the GM. The interviews were rather long and they asked a lot of questions. Most were general interview/restaurant questions so they could get to know you, but some were rather difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at BJs and why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite food from here and how would you describe it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself and your restaurant experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in May 2014.

I applied online and actually called the restaurant to let them know I had applied and if I could speak to a manager. the manager talked to me over the phone and asked me to come in for a first interview. She was pretty down to earth. she asked me about my previous Job experience as a server, Why I wanted to work at BJ's and the standard BJ's trys to accomplish with all their restaurants. She said she was impressed and she past me along to the General Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in April 2014.

I saw an ad on Craigslist that they were hiring. I applied online, went in that day and asked to speak to a manager. The manager went over my application and asked me a few questions about my current job and why I wanted to work there. Then she set up an interview with the Senior Asst manager a couple of days later. He asked me about my availability, experience, how I would work there on top off school and another job. Then he set up an interview with the GM. He asked me a few situational questions and asked about my work performance. After about 10 minutes he extended an offer and I had orientation the next day. All managers were really nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • When faced with multiple tasks at once, how would you handle the situation?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in March 2014.

I was part of a mass hiring recently for a new location opening up. I applied on Friday the 21st of March, got called within the next two days to swing by on Monday behind the new location in the hiring trailer. I saw about 10 other people while I was there, within a half hour I had been interviewed and he gave me the option to hang out while he called my references or head out and he'd give me a call later. I chose to stay and wait; and within 15 minutes he had called my references. As soon as he cleared my references he passed me onto another manager who was filling out people's information in the computer (mass hiring so they had an "assembly line" set up).

Because the restaurant wasn't yet finished constructing I did have to wait until April 3rd to do orientation and the subsequent training took place between the 7th and the 19th but it was a BRAND NEW restaurant.

Interview Questions
    It's a tip paying job so no negotiation. However they were very flexible with my hours.

Bartender, Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

First, you apply online. It can help if you go in and ask to talk to GM or AGM WHEN IT IS NOT BUSY (230-5 on weekdays). Once they review your resume, they contact you for a series of three interviews with a manager, AGM, and then GM. I got hired on as a server even though I did not fit the 1-year requirement of serving. If they like you enough, they will find something for you.

None

Server Interview

Applied online, was called within the week to go in for an interview ASAP, interviewed the next day and got the job. Started training the next day and was on the floor within a week.