BJ's Restaurants

Average Difficulty
53 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Frederick, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in October 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by phone, meet with a manager and discuss work history, discuss availability, after hired intense training happens. You are given a copy of the menu with descriptions, you follow another server for a few days. You are then tested on the information and passing the test is the only way to get hired.

Interview Question – Why you want to work there?   Answer Question

Bartender, Server Interview

Bartender, Server

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview Details – First, you apply online. It can help if you go in and ask to talk to GM or AGM WHEN IT IS NOT BUSY (230-5 on weekdays). Once they review your resume, they contact you for a series of three interviews with a manager, AGM, and then GM. I got hired on as a server even though I did not fit the 1-year requirement of serving. If they like you enough, they will find something for you.

Interview Question – Describe what qualifies you for this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Interviewed at BJ's Restaurants

Interview Details – Applied online, was called within the week to go in for an interview ASAP, interviewed the next day and got the job. Started training the next day and was on the floor within a week.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Busser Interview

Busser

Interviewed at BJ's Restaurants

Interview Details – I applied online. Be sure to completely fill out the twelve pages of questions which have nothing to do with cleaning food off of tables. This is one of the stricter restaurants for which I have worked. Also they are so profit driven that internal advancement is not a priority.

Interview Question – Define Customer Service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Foster City, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in March 2012.

Interview Details – Came for an interview, asked normal questions, like "why do you want to work here?" and "do you think you will be able to work in a stressful/fast paced environment?". Came for a 2nd interview with the GM. Got the job almost immediately.

Interview Question – Name an experience where the guest was difficult/unsatisfied and what did you do to fix it   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Dublin, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in July 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and received a call for an interview the next morning. The application consisted of the usual 'type-in' information then asked you to complete a math test and a personality assessment.

At the interview, I first sat down with one of the "regular" managers. He asked about my previous knowledge of their restaurant, my favorite items, etc. Very easy. I then went back to the waiting room, waited another thirty minutes and then interviewed with the General Manager. He asked me what my major was in school and then we talked about that for twenty minutes before he told me the pay scale.

Interview Question – Describe our PM Porter. (One of their hand-crafted beers)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. He gave me the pay and I accepted. Hostess pay was based on school level. Those in high school received a base pay, those in college received $0.50 more, and those with degrees received $1.00 more.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with two higher ups. Super nice people overall the process was nice.

Interview Question – What are your three worst attributes?   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Food Server
San Antonio, TX

I interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in September 2013.

Interview Details – Hired on the spot from coincidentally running into the senior manager at a restaurant that I previously worked at and through my service asked if I've been to BJ's before. I previously applied there online but there was no record of my application when I asked him however he asked me to come in for an interview the next day. Interview was very easy going they weren't asking for much except for emphasizing how it was pivotal you always find something to do which is common for any workplace but that was pretty much the gist of it.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at BJ's?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Server

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call within ten minutes of submitting the application. They had me come in that day to interview, then I was offered a job by the time I left their hiring center. It was for a new restaurant opening up so the volume of people they needed to hire was larger than average.They asked pretty basic interview questions, you'll get the job as long as you give common sense, 'good service is the most important thing in my life' answers

Interview Question – They asked for an example of the last time you dealt with a difficult customer. That's as difficult as it got.   Answer Question

Take Out Server Interview

Take Out Server
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in February 2012.

Interview Details – After entering their restaurant, you will be told to fill out the application online. After you fill it out, you should call and ask for a manager and tell them that you are looking for a position there. It could actually take a very long time (for me, about 6 months) for the management to reach back. After they reach back, the process is very quick. You will sit down for an interview, then setup for an orientation.

Interview Question – What is your greatest strengths and weaknesses? What do you do to relieve stress?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can only negotiate pay if you have the experience for it.