BJ's Restaurants

Relevance Date Difficulty

Server/Takeout Interview

Server/Takeout
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview Details – 3 interviews and all a complete waste of my time. First interview was more of a screening process and asked basic questions, "how do guests perceive you/ what do you think they think of you." 2nd interview was a slap in the face. Guy immediately told me that I don't have enough experience as a server and would I be interested in hostessing. Um no, I'm currently already a server so that is a ridiculous question. Asked me take out questions like which burger do you bring first, medium rare that's been in window for 6 mins or medium well that's been in window for 10 mins. (Answer is the first one). Questioned my references and then called them right in front of me and only because I got a good referral did he offer me a 3rd interview. 3rd interview was a joke as well, Didn't ask me anything about my qualifications and only about my availability. Told me he didn't know what the shifts were like for takeout and didn't know if my school sched would work and he'd have to call me back. 2 hrs later I got an email saying I didn't get the job. Felt like they weren't organized nor did they communicate with one another. I should've been told in my first interview I wasn't being considered for server and I wouldn't have wasted my time with the 2nd or 3rd.

Interview Question – What is the internal temperature of a rare burger and a medium rare burger. That's not my job to know, it's the kitchens. It's a servers job to make sure the rare burger goes to the guest who ordered the rare burger etc.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Server Interview

Server
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in April 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy hiring process ,managers are very nice no big hassle

Server Interview

Server
Century City, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in July 2013.

Interview Details – Walked-In and showed general manager the resume, he loved it. There were three interviews, each with a different manager. For me, I secured the job the day I walked in, so it is difficult to know how scrutinous they can be. I can assure that The general manager is extremely sharp, and very capable of making it difficult.

Interview Question – Utter silence. a blank stare. "Tell me your story" was the look, and I was expected to fill the airwaves. It was a shocker   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Lubbock, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied here in Lubbock like two weeks ago and I surprisingly got a call when I came back from college for an interview the next day. I showed up and did my interview with two different managers and I got hired somewhat on the spot! I had submit my documents the next week so wish me luck! I would definitely be confident on your answers since the questions are simple, yet more something that they would like to get you know better. The managers were super sweet.

Interview Question – What is the role of a hostess and why would a hostess be important to the company?   View Answer

Executive Kitchen Manager Interview

Executive Kitchen Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had three phone interviews, two personal and one shift observation. The process was relatively quick. They seemed very focus on image and not very much substance. There is definitely an arrogant feel much like The Cheesecake Factory.

Interview Question – What did you see about the operation that needed improvement?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My asking salary was a little more than what they had in mind but they made a nice counter offer.

Very Easy Interview

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in September 2011.

Interview Details – Really laid back. It was more like a friendly conversation. No real tough questions at all.

Interview Question – How many hours I wanted to work while in grad school.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable. Pay is low, but you get a free meal each shift.

Host/Takeout Interview

Host/Takeout
Chino Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview Details – Apply online, take tests and follow up with a phone call ( Mon-Thurs 2-4pm)

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Food Server
Hillsboro, OR

I applied online - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in August 2012.

Interview Details – The online application takes some time. It's some crazy IQ test, and some multiple choice questions that are set up to rate your personality in some weird way.

Bartender Interview

Bartender

Interviewed at BJ's Restaurants

Interview Details – It was a series of several online profiles and questionnaires that asked you everything from personal information to character and problem solving abilities. Overall, the first half of the online portion of the interview is what you would generally expect; however, the second portion seemed very unusual, especially for the job. It was a timed multiple choice test that required everything from math skills to higher level thinking.

Interview Question – There was a strange multiple question timed test that required you to solve either brain teasers or math problems   Answer Question

Server/Take Out Interview

Server/Take Out
San Bruno, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in February 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out online application, followed up with them a couple weeks later (with resume on hand and business attire),this location held open interviews Mon-Tue (2-4 PM) .Consists of 3 basic interviews with floor managers.

Interview Questions