BJ's Restaurants Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied online – interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

I applied online and they called me about a month later for an interview. I was hired on the spot after interviewing with two managers, one of which was the GM. The interviews were rather long and they asked a lot of questions. Most were general interview/restaurant questions so they could get to know you, but some were rather difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at BJs and why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite food from here and how would you describe it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself and your restaurant experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in May 2014.

I applied online and actually called the restaurant to let them know I had applied and if I could speak to a manager. the manager talked to me over the phone and asked me to come in for a first interview. She was pretty down to earth. she asked me about my previous Job experience as a server, Why I wanted to work at BJ's and the standard BJ's trys to accomplish with all their restaurants. She said she was impressed and she past me along to the General Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in April 2014.

I saw an ad on Craigslist that they were hiring. I applied online, went in that day and asked to speak to a manager. The manager went over my application and asked me a few questions about my current job and why I wanted to work there. Then she set up an interview with the Senior Asst manager a couple of days later. He asked me about my availability, experience, how I would work there on top off school and another job. Then he set up an interview with the GM. He asked me a few situational questions and asked about my work performance. After about 10 minutes he extended an offer and I had orientation the next day. All managers were really nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • When faced with multiple tasks at once, how would you handle the situation?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in March 2014.

I was part of a mass hiring recently for a new location opening up. I applied on Friday the 21st of March, got called within the next two days to swing by on Monday behind the new location in the hiring trailer. I saw about 10 other people while I was there, within a half hour I had been interviewed and he gave me the option to hang out while he called my references or head out and he'd give me a call later. I chose to stay and wait; and within 15 minutes he had called my references. As soon as he cleared my references he passed me onto another manager who was filling out people's information in the computer (mass hiring so they had an "assembly line" set up).

Because the restaurant wasn't yet finished constructing I did have to wait until April 3rd to do orientation and the subsequent training took place between the 7th and the 19th but it was a BRAND NEW restaurant.

Interview Questions
    It's a tip paying job so no negotiation. However they were very flexible with my hours.

Bartender, Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

First, you apply online. It can help if you go in and ask to talk to GM or AGM WHEN IT IS NOT BUSY (230-5 on weekdays). Once they review your resume, they contact you for a series of three interviews with a manager, AGM, and then GM. I got hired on as a server even though I did not fit the 1-year requirement of serving. If they like you enough, they will find something for you.

None

Server Interview

Applied online, was called within the week to go in for an interview ASAP, interviewed the next day and got the job. Started training the next day and was on the floor within a week.

Busser Interview

I applied online. Be sure to completely fill out the twelve pages of questions which have nothing to do with cleaning food off of tables. This is one of the stricter restaurants for which I have worked. Also they are so profit driven that internal advancement is not a priority.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in January 2014.

Interviewed with two higher ups. Super nice people overall the process was nice.

Food Server, Food Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in January 2014.

Great experience,you think its going to be an organized business at first but its not.You can tell the managers are meglomaniacs and have sex with the employees. Its an OK in between jobs place to work,but dont plan on making a living and paying your rent on time if your a full time foodrunner/server.
    This appears to be a great place but is ran horribly and food runners who close take all the tips home and skim money.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing,as long as you have experience the hiring process is easy and they are so unfair that they are always hiring.   View Answer
    Min wage for food running shifts and $4.91 per hour plus tips for servers

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

I applied online and got a call within ten minutes of submitting the application. They had me come in that day to interview, then I was offered a job by the time I left their hiring center. It was for a new restaurant opening up so the volume of people they needed to hire was larger than average.They asked pretty basic interview questions, you'll get the job as long as you give common sense, 'good service is the most important thing in my life' answers

Interview Questions
    • They asked for an example of the last time you dealt with a difficult customer. That's as difficult as it got.   Answer Question