BJ's Restaurants

Relevance Date Difficulty

Server Interview

Server
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in April 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy hiring process ,managers are very nice no big hassle

Server Interview

Server
Century City, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in July 2013.

Interview Details – Walked-In and showed general manager the resume, he loved it. There were three interviews, each with a different manager. For me, I secured the job the day I walked in, so it is difficult to know how scrutinous they can be. I can assure that The general manager is extremely sharp, and very capable of making it difficult.

Interview Question – Utter silence. a blank stare. "Tell me your story" was the look, and I was expected to fill the airwaves. It was a shocker   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Lubbock, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied here in Lubbock like two weeks ago and I surprisingly got a call when I came back from college for an interview the next day. I showed up and did my interview with two different managers and I got hired somewhat on the spot! I had submit my documents the next week so wish me luck! I would definitely be confident on your answers since the questions are simple, yet more something that they would like to get you know better. The managers were super sweet.

Interview Question – What is the role of a hostess and why would a hostess be important to the company?   View Answer

Executive Kitchen Manager Interview

Executive Kitchen Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had three phone interviews, two personal and one shift observation. The process was relatively quick. They seemed very focus on image and not very much substance. There is definitely an arrogant feel much like The Cheesecake Factory.

Interview Question – What did you see about the operation that needed improvement?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My asking salary was a little more than what they had in mind but they made a nice counter offer.

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in September 2011.

Interview Details – Really laid back. It was more like a friendly conversation. No real tough questions at all.

Interview Question – How many hours I wanted to work while in grad school.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable. Pay is low, but you get a free meal each shift.

Host/Takeout Interview

Host/Takeout
Chino Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview Details – Apply online, take tests and follow up with a phone call ( Mon-Thurs 2-4pm)

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Food Server
Hillsboro, OR

I applied online - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in August 2012.

Interview Details – The online application takes some time. It's some crazy IQ test, and some multiple choice questions that are set up to rate your personality in some weird way.

Bartender Interview

Bartender

Interviewed at BJ's Restaurants

Interview Details – It was a series of several online profiles and questionnaires that asked you everything from personal information to character and problem solving abilities. Overall, the first half of the online portion of the interview is what you would generally expect; however, the second portion seemed very unusual, especially for the job. It was a timed multiple choice test that required everything from math skills to higher level thinking.

Interview Question – There was a strange multiple question timed test that required you to solve either brain teasers or math problems   Answer Question

Server/Take Out Interview

Server/Take Out
San Bruno, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in February 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out online application, followed up with them a couple weeks later (with resume on hand and business attire),this location held open interviews Mon-Tue (2-4 PM) .Consists of 3 basic interviews with floor managers.

Interview Questions

Delivery Interview

Delivery
Westlake, LA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in October 2012.

Interview Details – Got a phone call then had 3 extremely basic interviews. not really interviews just more like small talk, one time with each manager. Seemed like I was hired right once I got the phone call.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question