BJ's Restaurants Server Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.2

Server Interview

Interview

Great PR skills willing to learn new ideas. My name is Taylor and I'm interested in your server position. I have experience as a waitress first starting at vans pigs stand in Moore ok. Then I became a server at Ricky's cafe Mexican restaurant in Moore please email me if interested in working with me. Kurtsagers1962@gmail. Would be the best way to reach me thanks.

Interview Questions

• What were you interviewing for?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for BJ's Restaurants

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

It was simple. They ask about previous experience with guests and employees. They are very engaging and want your personality to shine through. Also, make sure you dress appropriately, they do go off apperiance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied about two weeks ago, they called about a week after I applied. I had my interview today and was offered a second interview which i also scheduled for today it ended up being 3hrs later. the questions were fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was what would your past employer say one thing that you need to change about yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Cerritos, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process is mainly about your previous restaurant work experience if any. your customer service skills and ability to work with a big team. Weekends are almost necessary to be available to work since it is the busiest time of the week. be a multi tasker and the ability to communicate with many personalities. you will have 2-3 interviews so multiple managers can have a taste of the type of person you are before officially hired

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had an issue with a guest and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Laurel, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

I went through two interviews. One with a corporate manager and then with the General Manager. The interview was basically a conversation. They are trying to feel out your personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Laurel, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview and hiring was fast and I had my phone interview one day, came in for my second and third and was hired on the spot. The same day, along with a roomful of newly hired staff we filled out loads of paperwork. New restaurant full staffed hired around the same time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (Torrance, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I had to come in three times for two different interviews, first with a manager and second with a general manager. The process was fairly simple, they didn't ask anything hard and the second interview was more so to meet the GM and not to actually have a lot of questions.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview

applied online, took a week or two to have them get back to me. hiring manager was nice, and the interview process was not intimidating. lasted for about 20 minutes. he was straight forward and i got hired immediately

Interview Questions

• not difficult, but the question "Why do you want to work here" can be sometimes difficult   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants (McAllen, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Had two interviews with 2 of the 4 managers there, Joe White, and the GM Mark Reis.
    Overall each interview took about 15 minutes and they were basic questions about my experience and my experiences there. Joe was extremely professional, where to Mark was a bit more laid back and worried about little things like appearance, but all in all it was a swift and easy procedure.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Mafter a day or two of my application being submitted I was offered a job as a server. After the interviews they told me my first day, and that was all.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BJ's Restaurants in July 2014.

Interview

3 interviews. Normally you interview with the GM last but when i showed up after being scheduled an interview he was the only manager there ..,,after interviewing with him i interviewed with 2 other managers. Questions were standard. Tell me about yourself and why i want to work at BJs... Communication was bad after my last interview but eventually got told i got the job and went to orientation

Just look sharp, smile a lot and be cool/relaxed

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No neg