BJ's Restaurants

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and actually called the restaurant to let them know I had applied and if I could speak to a manager. the manager talked to me over the phone and asked me to come in for a first interview. She was pretty down to earth. she asked me about my previous Job experience as a server, Why I wanted to work at BJ's and the standard BJ's trys to accomplish with all their restaurants. She said she was impressed and she past me along to the General Manager.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Lubbock, TX

I applied online and interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview Details – I applied online and they called me about a month later for an interview. I was hired on the spot after interviewing with two managers, one of which was the GM. The interviews were rather long and they asked a lot of questions. Most were general interview/restaurant questions so they could get to know you, but some were rather difficult.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Katy, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was part of a mass hiring recently for a new location opening up. I applied on Friday the 21st of March, got called within the next two days to swing by on Monday behind the new location in the hiring trailer. I saw about 10 other people while I was there, within a half hour I had been interviewed and he gave me the option to hang out while he called my references or head out and he'd give me a call later. I chose to stay and wait; and within 15 minutes he had called my references. As soon as he cleared my references he passed me onto another manager who was filling out people's information in the computer (mass hiring so they had an "assembly line" set up).

Because the restaurant wasn't yet finished constructing I did have to wait until April 3rd to do orientation and the subsequent training took place between the 7th and the 19th but it was a BRAND NEW restaurant.

Interview Question – What do you think is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's a tip paying job so no negotiation. However they were very flexible with my hours.

Newport Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in December 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and didn't receive a call for about a week and a half. I had one brief interview and was asked to return for a 2nd with the general manager. After meeting with the general manager I was offered the position,

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to deal with an unhappy guest and how you helped the situation.   Answer Question

Frederick, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in October 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by phone, meet with a manager and discuss work history, discuss availability, after hired intense training happens. You are given a copy of the menu with descriptions, you follow another server for a few days. You are then tested on the information and passing the test is the only way to get hired.

Interview Question – Why you want to work there?   Answer Question

Interviewed at BJ's Restaurants

Interview Details – Applied online, was called within the week to go in for an interview ASAP, interviewed the next day and got the job. Started training the next day and was on the floor within a week.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Server

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call within ten minutes of submitting the application. They had me come in that day to interview, then I was offered a job by the time I left their hiring center. It was for a new restaurant opening up so the volume of people they needed to hire was larger than average.They asked pretty basic interview questions, you'll get the job as long as you give common sense, 'good service is the most important thing in my life' answers

Interview Question – They asked for an example of the last time you dealt with a difficult customer. That's as difficult as it got.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in April 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy hiring process ,managers are very nice no big hassle

Century City, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in July 2013.

Interview Details – Walked-In and showed general manager the resume, he loved it. There were three interviews, each with a different manager. For me, I secured the job the day I walked in, so it is difficult to know how scrutinous they can be. I can assure that The general manager is extremely sharp, and very capable of making it difficult.

Interview Question – Utter silence. a blank stare. "Tell me your story" was the look, and I was expected to fill the airwaves. It was a shocker   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Waco, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in January 2013.

Interview Details – Took a test online, then went up to the restaurant because I didn't want to just be a 'submitted app'. That worked for me! I met with the manager that day (albeit briefly) and then SILENCE. I didn't hear from them for 3-4 weeks. Just when I thought they'd forgotten about me, I got a call. I went in the next day, met with the GM and was hired on the spot. Training began a week later. Easy.

Interview Question – What's your favorite beer and how would you describe it   View Answer

Worked for BJ's Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!