BJ's Wholesale Club Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

1.9

Cashier/Carts Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club.

Interview

Had two interviews(on a Friday), was told that I would be called if they were interested in hiring me. They called me the day after to schedule a drug test and I offered a job once my drug test came back

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club (Bronx, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was call the next day to schedule an interview which was the following day. I waited 2hrs for them to interview me and the interview took no more than 10-15mins. After that I had to wait another hour they offered me the job in the end so it wasn't all bad ��.

Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club (Richmond, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

it was brief just asked me why i applied for this job do i meet the expectations for this job they asked about my background jobs asked how i would benefit them if i was employed for them they asked do i have a criminal background

Interview Questions

• whats your last job/ background check all the jobs i had in the past   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Filled out an application online, was emailed a week later to schedule an interview. Came in for a two part inteview with two very nice managers. The general manager interviewed me first then the hr manager. I was told I would receive a call back the next week. I was contacted 6 days later and was offered the job! Last step is the background check and drug test. Overall very pleased with they're hiring process.

Interview Questions

• They asked mainly questions about my previous job duties and why bj's.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club.

Interview

It was easy. There were two interviews. I was asked a few simple questions by one man first. He also talked about the hours I could expect to work and gave me an availability sheet to fill out. Then, he sent me into the manager's office for the second interview where I was asked about the times I put on the sheet, and then he told me I got the job! Finally, I had to take a drug test and was told that I will be called for orientation once the test results are in. Everyone was very friendly by the way.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the responsibilities I had at my past jobs, how I felt about diversity, how a job at BJ's would benefit me, why I should be hired, why I chose BJ's, and community service I've done in the past.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a manager, she was nice. Asked me questions like Tell me about yourself, tell me about a time you provided great customer service, what does customer service mean to you. My availability. She told me I would receive a call for a 2nd interview to meet with a higher manger. BTW I hate when jobs do this. please do 2nd interviews in the same day its not like you are paying us to go the interview. get a grip.
    Got a call 2 days later to come in for a 2nd interview. Basically got asked the same questions like tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here. I was smiling very hard I do why but he liked that about me. So I say if you want the job SMILE. I got hired on the spot and had to take a oral drug test right in the next room. Good thing I quit 4 days before. I was scared but they called me today and my orientation is tomorrow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, CT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club (Brookfield, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Very long process! You have to take a 12 page very repetitive questionnaire, which in my opinion is completely useless. I had to follow up after being told they would call me the next day for 2nd interview. 5 calls later...NOTHING. Very unorganized and unprofessional!!!

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to be cross trained?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wappingers Falls, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club (Wappingers Falls, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online then like two days later I received a phone call asking me if I want to come in for a interview so I said yes and setup the date and time for that. My interview was at 3:30pm and I arrived at the costumer service desk to let them know I was here for a interview and when I got there it was 3:15pm and I spent most of my time waiting to be interviewed by one of the costumer service managers. So the actual interview was like 5-15 minutes and they said that since a senior manager wasn't able to do my second interview that they'll call me back to set that up so I called like two days later to see what was going on and they told me that they'll call me after the weekend and well it's been going onto almost 2 weeks and they still have yet to call me back but that's ok because I got interviewed by my local Wal-Mart and got hired right on the spot and I accepted that job offer because I wasn't waiting for BJ'S to call me back.

Interview Questions

• I don't really remember what kinda questions I was asked but I'm amusing it was the typical interview questions that they ask you   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club (Cleveland, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

The process took 1 week... I was interviewed by the HR manager and he was very unprofessional. I got there 10 mins early but waited 30 mins. He took me to his office and asked simple questions such as "tell me about yourself" and my experience. After I answered his questions, told me that he's not a traditional manager and as explaining he was cussing saying how 10 employees quit on him. He confused me saying that he need maintenance but when he called setting up this interview it was clear he knew I applied for cashier so I don't know why he didn't say that on the phone instead of wasting my time. When I first walked in the store I already didn't like the environment.

Bakery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club (Waterbury, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online on BJ's official websight. I got a call within a few weeks for a interview and the manger sounded very nice.

During the interview was very laied back and simple questions. He called for a senior manager and they went out and talked out of the office and when they came back I talked to the senior manager again was very simple questions. Just masking sure everything was said correctly and nothing changed. After that I was told to take a drug test. When that was compleat I was told as long as it comes back good I am hired and will get a call next week.

Interview Questions

• do you have good transportation?
      Any allergies?
      Availability?
      Are you good at multitasking?

Answer Question