BJ's Wholesale Club Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

1.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakhurst, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club (Oakhurst, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

I walked in, asked for the hiring manager I introduced myself, she introduced herself, she asked me to sit down and give her a minute, so i waited and then she was ready to speak she asked me about my previous work experiences i explained to her that i have cashier and customer service experience.

Cashier/Carts Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club.

Interview

Had two interviews(on a Friday), was told that I would be called if they were interested in hiring me. They called me the day after to schedule a drug test and I offered a job once my drug test came back

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club (Bronx, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was call the next day to schedule an interview which was the following day. I waited 2hrs for them to interview me and the interview took no more than 10-15mins. After that I had to wait another hour they offered me the job in the end so it wasn't all bad 😊.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Filled out an application online, was emailed a week later to schedule an interview. Came in for a two part inteview with two very nice managers. The general manager interviewed me first then the hr manager. I was told I would receive a call back the next week. I was contacted 6 days later and was offered the job! Last step is the background check and drug test. Overall very pleased with they're hiring process.

Interview Questions

• They asked mainly questions about my previous job duties and why bj's.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club (Stoughton, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Showed up, and waited to be seen by the Personnel manager. Was asked a couple of questions, and then asked to come back in for a second interview. This time, I was interviewed by the manager that specifically work with the cashiers. She asked me a couple questions, which led them to call me back the next day for orientation.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to apply to Bj's?   1 Answer

Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club (Richmond, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

it was brief just asked me why i applied for this job do i meet the expectations for this job they asked about my background jobs asked how i would benefit them if i was employed for them they asked do i have a criminal background

Interview Questions

• whats your last job/ background check all the jobs i had in the past   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club.

Interview

It was easy. There were two interviews. I was asked a few simple questions by one man first. He also talked about the hours I could expect to work and gave me an availability sheet to fill out. Then, he sent me into the manager's office for the second interview where I was asked about the times I put on the sheet, and then he told me I got the job! Finally, I had to take a drug test and was told that I will be called for orientation once the test results are in. Everyone was very friendly by the way.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the responsibilities I had at my past jobs, how I felt about diversity, how a job at BJ's would benefit me, why I should be hired, why I chose BJ's, and community service I've done in the past.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club (Providence, RI) in April 2015.

Interview

not very friendly and seemed to rush to really have time to do an interview properly. atmosphere was not conducive to an interview sort of ad hoc and not really organized. I don't really have 50 words to say.

Interview Questions

• what was the reason you left last position   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a manager, she was nice. Asked me questions like Tell me about yourself, tell me about a time you provided great customer service, what does customer service mean to you. My availability. She told me I would receive a call for a 2nd interview to meet with a higher manger. BTW I hate when jobs do this. please do 2nd interviews in the same day its not like you are paying us to go the interview. get a grip. Got a call 2 days later to come in for a 2nd interview. Basically got asked the same questions like tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here. I was smiling very hard I do why but he liked that about me. So I say if you want the job SMILE. I got hired on the spot and had to take a oral drug test right in the next room. Good thing I quit 4 days before. I was scared but they called me today and my orientation is tomorrow.

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club (Brookfield, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Very long process! You have to take a 12 page very repetitive questionnaire, which in my opinion is completely useless. I had to follow up after being told they would call me the next day for 2nd interview. 5 calls later...NOTHING. Very unorganized and unprofessional!!!

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to be cross trained?   1 Answer