BJ's Wholesale Club

53 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Overnight Stocker Interview

Overnight Stocker

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on 7-1-14...on 7-3, I gave them a call to see if they had any openings because I had just applied. After a 5min chat, the lady set me up with an interview on 7-8-14... Very prompt lol I was asked general questions about my past work history based off of my resume. Then she cut the interview mid-way and took me upstairs to meet the GM who finished the 'Interview'. Basically hired on the spot, pending drug test results of course...they pay direct deposit every friday! Due to my experience, Im starting around $9.50 plus night differential!

Interview Question – What were your responsibilites at your former jobs?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation in my situation

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club.

Interview Details – I was at the premises 10 minutes early but was interviewed 20 minutes after my scheduled time. It was pretty easy and was asked to describe how I would deal with a difficult customer and why I want to work at BJ's.i was also asked about my availability...the interviewer was super friendly

Pricing Analyst Interview

Pricing Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club in June 2014.

Interview Details – From the time I submitted my resume for the position to the final "we've selected a more qualified candidate" everyone was totally professional and friendly.
  I received an interview appointment and an itinerary with a schedule and people I was meeting.
  When I arrived I was greeted warmly and my contact was right on time. The itierary timing was adhered to so that there was no undo stress. Everything came off as planned with no surprised.
 I was notified of their decision exactly when they said I would have an answer.
 All in all even though I didn't get the job they handled the entire process with great professionalism.
 Based on my experience, I would apply here again .

Interview Question – Explaining the unusual history on my resume.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overnight Stocker Interview

Overnight Stocker
Maple Shade, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club in October 2010.

Interview Details – One on one interview with basic questions. There is not any strategically hard interview questions. The interview is just done more to get a feel for you by the interviewer. If they like you they call you back to offer you the job, then you must come in for a safety video/course and finally you must pass a drug test before your first day of work.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions. It was all pretty basic interview stuff.   Answer Question

Recovery Clerk Interview

Recovery Clerk
Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club.

Interview Details – Applied for the job online and got a call within two weeks. Interview was conducted in two parts on the same day. First, by a manager then by a general manager. They seemed friendly and very courteous. Was given a date for drug testing and then a date for orientation.

Interview Question – What does community relations means to you?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Teller
Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club in July 2010.

Interview Details – Sort and simple questions. The process started with a phone interview and ended with a short in person with the HR manager.

Member Services Interview

Member Services
Woodstock, GA

I applied online - interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, Then went in and introduced my self to the manager. Then got a call for an interview.

Interview Question – in your past job how do you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Human Resources Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club.

Interview Details – The interview is strictly per the Human Resource Manager. Its very basic. Immediately after the interview you are asked to take a drug test (or thanked for coming in). After the results are in, which takes 1-2 business days, you are immediately scheduled for training.

Cashier-hourly Interview

Cashier-hourly

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a phone call from the manager, then went in for an interview.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in working for BJ's.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing

Receiving Manager Interview

Receiving Manager
Bronx, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BJ's Wholesale Club in March 2014.

Interview Details – Someone from the corporate headquarters calls you for a brief phone interview. After this interview, you may be selected for an in person interview. The in person interview usually consists of a HR manager and the Store manager. It will be at a store location. The only time I felt uncomfortable was while I was waiting for the interview. You have to wait in the break room and depending on time of interview you will be in there with current employees.

Interview Question – Name something you did not like about your previous manager?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BJ's Wholesale Club

Worked for BJ's Wholesale Club? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BJ's Wholesale Club interview questions and advice. All 53 interview reviews posted anonymously by BJ's Wholesale Club employees and interview candidates.