BJC HealthCare

Updated Feb 10, 2015

2.7

Senior IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BJC HealthCare in October 2009.

Very cordial and friendly

Interview Questions
    HR within company not willing to negiotate. Maybe due to the state of the job market then. Employers had the leverage!

Training and Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BJC HealthCare in August 2009.

Asked via email to develop a sample. Next, invited to on site interview. It was a combination of 1:1, 1:5, 1:2.

Interview Questions
    • If we hire you, what would be the first thing you would do?   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at BJC HealthCare.

After an initial phone screen, I met with the hiring manager and another recruiter who I would be assisting. They took turns asking me behavioral-based questions about my work history to have me demonstrate how my skills and values fit in with the culture of BJC. There wasn't a lot of time spent on my ability to do the job (they trusted the staffing agency to establish that).

Interview Questions
    • BJC utilizes behavioral-based interviewing. Be prepared to answer their questions with specific scenarios from your work history (i.e. discussing conflicts with employees, demonstrating decision-making skills, etc.)   Answer Question
    Since I was a contractor, there was no negotiation. In general, there is somewhat limited room for negotiating salary.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BJC HealthCare.

Applied on several occasions, without contact. Ended up getting solicited by a recruitment firm who got me in front of the hiring managers. The process just took a few weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were around my area of expertise.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate; I felt the offer and sign on bonus was generous.

C++/Perl Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BJC HealthCare in October 2012.

1 on 1 interview with two project managers. Both wanted me hired, so all that was left was the HR side of the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult at all. Both PM's just wanted to see how you think and problem solve   Answer Question
    Standard rate for all interns

Senior IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at BJC HealthCare.

Interviewed originally for consulting position.

Interview Questions
    • Do not remember. Interview was pleasant and not difficult.   Answer Question
    No negotiation with BJC.

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at BJC HealthCare.

The interview process took nearly 2 years. It was a new/specialized position in an innovative area charged with standardizing systems and processes across hospitals that had previously been autonomously organized. I talked with people representing business, information technology, methodology and management over about 15 meetings.
    This was an exciting opportunity to establish new project delivery practices in a fast-paced, highly charged, highly visible, and highly valuable work environment.
    <Note that this page does not allow interview processes to take ove 365 days. This one was non-standard and took nearly 2 years.>

Interview Questions
    • What area do you want to focus on? Process improvement, quality management, project management?   View Answer
    The offering was fair for the market. Benefits were solid with matching 401K, and health/dental/vision insurance. Earned time off was below expectations. Negotiated job start date, and a draw on Earned Time Off.

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at BJC HealthCare in June 2011.

Different facilities have different processes. There is always a phone interview from corporate HR, then local HR, then 1 on 1 HR with a personalty test. Then there is an interview with the Manager of the department. Then some facilities will have a group interview with different members of the department all represented.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you could have given better care. Why did it happen, and what will you do to avoid this in the future.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, I wish I had. I realized how much less I got than I could have.

Desktop Support Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at BJC HealthCare in May 2010.

Called to see if I was still interested in the position; set a day and time for face to face interview; was explained the position, followed by scenerios and responses. Approximate time was one hour. Received email stating I was no longer under consideration.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had any experience in training in a classroom setting?   Answer Question

Performance Improvement Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BJC HealthCare in December 2008.

Phone interview was straight forward. In person interview was with a panel. The lead of the panel referred me to the director. I asked lots of questions in the interview with the director.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate very well.