BJC HealthCare Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.8

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare.

Interview

Initially they were very prompt and forth-coming about how the interview process would work. First round was a phone interview with a Recruiter, followed by a phone interview by the Hiring Manager. Both were fairly easy interviews. Then there was a writing exercise followed by an in-person interview with the Hiring Manager which was basically a repeat of the phone interview. I was told that fit would be the most important part of this interview process. Shortly afterwards a panel interview was scheduled with 5 people from the team. The interview process was 5 behavioral questions (one question asked by each team member) and was quite short. I was prepared for the behavioral questions and used the STAR technique to answer each other. I was unable to answer the final question that was asked which I think was a mistake since they were rating each of my answers and comparing to the other candidates. When I followed up 2 weeks later, I was told that a decision would be made in a couple of weeks. Another month went by and I got an email asking for my references. They requested 5 references including 2 managers for an on-line reference system (SkillSurvey) and when my references didn't answer quickly enough, the Recruiter followed-up with me. I didn't hear anything for several more weeks when I received a phone call from the Recruiter letting me know that the Hiring Manager had moved on with other candidates. Overall, this was a very time-consuming interview process that was unnecessarily long. The whole process was very impersonal and formal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have used collaboration skills.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have made a mistake.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Performance Improvement Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare.

Interview

Step 1: Phone interview with Recruiter - Formal interview questions "tell me about a time when..." Step 2: Face to Face interview with hiring manager and one team member - Very relaxed conversation, "walk me through your resume". Step 3: Face to Face interview with Peer team and 2 interviews with Vice Presidents - Peer team had typical interview questions: "how do you prioritize work", "how do you influence others", etc... VP interview was just a relaxed conversation.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult problem you've ever worked on? How did you   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was ill prepared and unaware that interview was a one on one. Questions were more geared to me providing possible solutions to existing project decisions to be made rather than behavioral or technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Given the scope of the program, how would you manage the overall budget as well as the individual project budgets?   1 Answer

Human Resource Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

Typical phone screen that lasts about 10-15 minutes. From there, you will schedule an in-person interview with the recruiter as well as hiring manager. This is usually a few days after the phone screen. The interview may last about an hour or so. Business casual or professional is expected. Interview consists of questions about past experience, why BJC, and company culture.

Medical Technologist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial communication was consistent and reliable; First interview- talent acquisition specialist; Second interview- lab managers; offer made within two weeks; the talent acquisition specialist was extremely personable and made great efforts to keep me informed throughout the entire process.

Other employment opportunity.

Implementation Coordinator (EPIC) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied internally through myBJC job portal. The job description matched my skill set, so I sent in my application. I heard back about 2 weeks later asking to schedule an interview. I then received several emails cancelling and rescheduling my interview only to have it end up being back at the original time. When I arrived at the interview, I was asked about my experience. I explained my various jobs and accomplishments as they related to the job description I had read. That turned out to be my biggest mistake. The job description could not have been more inaccurate for the position. I was asked about experience that never showed up on the job description, but was apparently required. Since I did not have this experience, I was essentially told that I was not the right person for the job. The candor of the interviewers was nice in that it did not leave me wondering, but the process on the whole was extremely frustrating. I had essentially prepped for the wrong interview, as the job description posted by HR had nothing to do with what the hiring manager was looking for.

A Salaried Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare.

Interview

Phone interview - confirming eligibility to work in US. Questions around customers, difficult situations and projects worked on. Scenarios with management, situations where influence was needed. favorite tasks and least favorite parts of the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare.

Interview

Initially the recruiter was very timely and informative. She even went as far as to reschedule my interview when I could not make the first one. After I did go to the interview I heard nothing back.They were aware that I was already employed just looking for a new line of work, the interview ended up being a hour which only consisted of company history and previous job experience. It caused me to be late to my current job, but they never even called me to tell me whether I had it or not. I had even reached out but received no response.

Interview Questions

• I would say it was just the typical interview questions, it was obvious they were looking for something in particular but Im unsure what it was.   Answer Question

RN Interview

Interview

Very slow on follow up. It takes HR forever to make a decision. The process leaves a lot to be desired on the communication front. Poor negotiating skills. Salaries do not follow the going market rate.

Interview Questions

The level of responsibility did not match the salary

Interview

Process involved a few question quiz on basic vitals and med terms followed by the actual interview. The interview was all situational based and they then told basics about what the job would be expected out of you if you get the position. Following the interview you went up to meet the lead nurse who would show you around and ask you if you have any questions.

Interview Questions

• If you have never looked up PCA situation questions Id suggest you do so   Answer Question