1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

The process took a day - interviewed at BJC HealthCare in February 2011.

The arrangements for the interview were very concise and clear. Very nice office environment. Met with HR first and found the rep to be very personal and friendly. General questions regarding my current situation were asked and followed by a couple of questions like "give me an example of when you had a situation that turned out poorly and tell me what you learned from it."

The next group had an HR Rep and an employee. They asked several questions like "tell me when you had this experience" with regard to systems, groups worked with, scope of your job, etc. The questions were meant to get an idea of how many people you managed, how large groups were that you worked with and other metrics in your past experience.

The last group consisted of managers. It was the end of the day, the interview schedule had gone past the scheduled time and they appeared tired. They asked similar behavioral questions, similar to the previous group,. They also asked "how" you completed tasks, interacted with people, how you determined priorities. It seemed like they were waiting for a pre-determined answer and I could tell that my responses did not hit the keywords they were searching for.

The interview exceeded the time allowed, so I did not get to ask the questions that I had planned to ask. Each group had a long list of questions and it was evident that they did not allow enough time to get through the list, nor did they allow enough time to probe deeper into some of the questions.

The groups did not describe the position well nor did they describe what they needed in the position; this made it difficult to accurately target responses to show how my experiences would meet their needs. They preferred to ask all of the questions without giving much guidance, waiting for the candidate to say the magic words.

Interview Questions
  • What is the largest group that you have worked with?   View Answer
  • Most questions revolved around tell me about a problem that you had, describe the situation, tell me what you did to fix the problem and what was the outcome. There were about 20 questions like this.   Answer Question

Worked for BJC HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!