BKD

Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Consultant Interview

Staff Consultant
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BKD in April 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process took about 2 weeks. Had a phone interview and an in person interview with 3 senior/managing consultants. Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Began with a group presentation followed by one-on-one interviews. There were three of us interviewing for the job.

Interview Question – Some behavioral interview questions. Not too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Loan Review Consultant Interview

Loan Review Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BKD.

Interview Details – Got an interview through applying on their website plus a family member referral. I had a great time talking three of their employees about the position. I gained a lot of knowledge about the position and what goes on with day to day operations.

Interview Question – They asked multiple times if travel would be an issue.   Answer Question

Little Rock, AR

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BKD.

Interview Details – Several mixers, first round interview on campus (very conversational and get-to-know-you), office interview (put you in a hotel, wine and dine). Toured the office, mixed with staff, and interviewed with a partner and senior manager. Very conversational, no tough questions.

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer about your goals and aspirations (both in public accounting and work life)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for entry-level job

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BKD.

Interview Details – Campus Interview- very short, informal.

Interview Question – Didn't really ask me a lot of behavioral questions, just about school and whether I was interested in audit or tax.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

Interviewed at BKD

Interview Details – Was invited into an office interview, in which 46 other candidates were brought in. Each of us had interviews with 3 people, at the senior/manager or director level. Associates took us to lunch. Afterwards, they gave a presentation explaining their benefits package and their future, and that was all.

Interview Question – The interviews were generally conversational, and did not really contain any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BKD in May 2012.

Interview Details – Campus recruiting, then followed by a trip to the Oklahoma City office for a tour and interviews with partners, managers, and the Managing Partner. They took us to lunch, and were very explanatory regarding duties as an intern, which were the same as First year Staff Auditors

Interview Question – Name a time when you were forced to be a leader in a situation involving conflict   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted the offer that day

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Merrillville, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BKD.

Interview Details – Average interview process

Interview Question – Technical Questions on Job Specifics   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negociable

Tax Staff Accountant Interview

Tax Staff Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BKD.

Interview Details – On campus interview followed by overnight office visit. I believe they stopped providing dinner and lodging to candidates during my time there to save money. Standard office interview except for an odd personality test, followed by lunch, then a manila envelope from a partner with the offer letter.

Interview Question – Just general small-talk. For the most part they know who they want by this point.   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Staff Consultant
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BKD in March 2013.

Interview Details – Attended a pre-night interview on campus where presentation was given by two members of the loan review group. Had a face-to-face 30 minute interview the following morning. Typical behavioral interview and was asked questions about how I felt about the traveling aspect of the job. Asked to attend final round interview in Indianapolis a week or so later. It was about a 3 hour long process during which I interviewed with 3 separate members of the loan review department. All of my interviewers were younger men (mid to late twenties) and were extremely laid back. Talk a lot about sports and made a few jokes. Then all potential candidates were taken out to lunch in the city with the CEO and other members of the firm.

Interview Question – What type of role do you typically try to take in a team environment and how do you work with other people?   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BKD.

Interview Details – Recruiting is typically completed through an on campus interviewing process and then a second round of interviews at the office to which you'll be assigned. The initial interviews are very laid back and the recruiter is very knowledgeable and extremely down to earth. They do not employees the "STAR" process (ie. Tell me a time when...} but the questions are more aimed at who you are and if you'll be a good fit with the firm. They are very aware that training for audit is on the job and not just something you learn in college. If you are successful with the first round of interviews, you will be asked to come for an office visit. Nearly everyone who is invited for an office visit will be extended an offer, unless you rub the partners the wrong way. You will meet with three partners or senior managers the day of the office visit. Indianapolis the officer visit is a great experience. They ask you to come into town the afternoon on the day before your interviews, there will be an event (typically a private tour of Lucas Oil Stadium) and then a dinner with many of the partners from the office. After dinner the staff and seniors will take you out for another event, typically something fun with drinks. The next day is interview day and if you get an offer, it will be in your hand before you leave for the day. If I remember correctly there is personality test as well at one of the interviews.

Interview Question – They don't focus on technical expertise type questions or as noted above on STAR questions. Much of the focus is on your resume, so be sure it is in top form. This is a firm that wants to utilize your past experiences and involvements to determine what kind of employee you will be.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is your first job so there is little negotiation. Top recruit will get a signing bonus which they call a "education bonus".

Worked for BKD? Contribute to the Community!