BKD

2.7

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at BKD in November 2008.

BKD comes to your college and interviews and then if they like you there is an interview at the office where you would like to work.

Interview Questions
    I told them, after I had my offer, that I was going to interview somewhere else before I could get back to them. They gave me a 1,000 bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BKD in June 2012.

Management and Partners are very polite, overall BKD gives off a good vibe. I've researched the company and it appears the biggest CON is that you have to work extremely hard, though isn't this to be expected in any position? Should anything less be expected? I believe this is a PRO, staying busy/working hard allows for personal growth on many level, this is surely a PRO in my opinion. I understand that I am just an outsider looking in, but my first impression is that BKD would make a great employer and has a lot to offer those willing to work hard for a living.

Loan Review Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BKD.

Got an interview through applying on their website plus a family member referral. I had a great time talking three of their employees about the position. I gained a lot of knowledge about the position and what goes on with day to day operations.

Interview Questions
    • They asked multiple times if travel would be an issue.   Answer Question

Tax Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BKD.

On campus interview followed by overnight office visit. I believe they stopped providing dinner and lodging to candidates during my time there to save money. Standard office interview except for an odd personality test, followed by lunch, then a manila envelope from a partner with the offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Just general small-talk. For the most part they know who they want by this point.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BKD.

Average interview process

Non-negociable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BKD in May 2012.

Campus recruiting, then followed by a trip to the Oklahoma City office for a tour and interviews with partners, managers, and the Managing Partner. They took us to lunch, and were very explanatory regarding duties as an intern, which were the same as First year Staff Auditors

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were forced to be a leader in a situation involving conflict   Answer Question
    Accepted the offer that day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BKD.

Campus Interview- very short, informal.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really ask me a lot of behavioral questions, just about school and whether I was interested in audit or tax.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BKD.

Extremely professional and succinct recruiting process. The people are so nice and all employment questions were answered without hesitation. They are proud of their brand and the people they hire. A good fit seems very important. If you find the company is not for you, they claim to have helped their employees find another job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to get into public accounting?   View Answer

Staff Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BKD.

On campus Interview- BE YOURSELF/current project leader or no/ ASK QUESTIONS "The Right Questions". Did you get along with employer. what did you most hate about last job .Second Round- Know who they want at this point.

NONE- for entry level

Staff Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BKD in October 2014.

Started with an on-campus interview. Informal interview that consisted of your typical questions regarding your previous experiences and leadership qualities. Go in relaxed since chances are the BKD employee you are talking to is very friendly and wants you to not be nervous as well. Next step was an office visit where you interview with 2 partners or directors, and also go through some presentations telling you more about BKD. My offer came the day after my visit.

Interview Questions
    Brought up any questions or concerns that I had. Personally asked about PTO since I have a wedding coming up, and they were very much willing to work with you. Don't be afraid to ask the hard questions if you have any. If you were offered, they like you and want you to work with them. They will be willing to negotiate.