BKD

30 candidate interviews

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Bloomington, IN

The process took 6 months - interviewed at BKD in November 2008.

Interview Details – BKD comes to your college and interviews and then if they like you there is an interview at the office where you would like to work.

Interview Question – Are you interested in tax or audit   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I told them, after I had my offer, that I was going to interview somewhere else before I could get back to them. They gave me a 1,000 bonus.

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BKD in June 2012.

Interview Details – Management and Partners are very polite, overall BKD gives off a good vibe. I've researched the company and it appears the biggest CON is that you have to work extremely hard, though isn't this to be expected in any position? Should anything less be expected? I believe this is a PRO, staying busy/working hard allows for personal growth on many level, this is surely a PRO in my opinion. I understand that I am just an outsider looking in, but my first impression is that BKD would make a great employer and has a lot to offer those willing to work hard for a living.

Loan Review Consultant Interview

Loan Review Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BKD.

Interview Details – Got an interview through applying on their website plus a family member referral. I had a great time talking three of their employees about the position. I gained a lot of knowledge about the position and what goes on with day to day operations.

Interview Question – They asked multiple times if travel would be an issue.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BKD in May 2012.

Interview Details – Campus recruiting, then followed by a trip to the Oklahoma City office for a tour and interviews with partners, managers, and the Managing Partner. They took us to lunch, and were very explanatory regarding duties as an intern, which were the same as First year Staff Auditors

Interview Question – Name a time when you were forced to be a leader in a situation involving conflict   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted the offer that day

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BKD.

Interview Details – Campus Interview- very short, informal.

Interview Question – Didn't really ask me a lot of behavioral questions, just about school and whether I was interested in audit or tax.   Answer Question

Tax Staff Accountant Interview

Tax Staff Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BKD.

Interview Details – On campus interview followed by overnight office visit. I believe they stopped providing dinner and lodging to candidates during my time there to save money. Standard office interview except for an odd personality test, followed by lunch, then a manila envelope from a partner with the offer letter.

Interview Question – Just general small-talk. For the most part they know who they want by this point.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Merrillville, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BKD.

Interview Details – Average interview process

Interview Question – Technical Questions on Job Specifics   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negociable

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BKD in February 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was not so tough. They tried to ask you about your past experience within the industry. How do you think you can blend in with their team and organization.

Interview Question – what is your current salary?   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BKD in October 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process is just like every accounting firm. Interview questions are mainly behavioral and conversational. Then if they like you, you go to an office visit and you have one interview there.

Interview Question – If you could start your college career over what would you do differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate with them as far as my pay. You are well paid and everyone makes the same. Its hard to negotiate internship hourly pay but definitely a must when you get a full time salary offer.

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BKD in October 2012.

Interview Details – They had an oncampus interview followed by second round. Both were fairly informal.

Interview Question – The only question I was ever asked. "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Worked for BKD? Contribute to the Community!