BKD Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2014
Updated Aug 24, 2014

2.7

Staff Accountant Interview

Was invited into an office interview, in which 46 other candidates were brought in. Each of us had interviews with 3 people, at the senior/manager or director level. Associates took us to lunch. Afterwards, they gave a presentation explaining their benefits package and their future, and that was all.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews were generally conversational, and did not really contain any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Signed up for on-campus interview and met with a recruiter. Received a call the next afternoon that I had been selected for an in-office interview later that month. At the office I met with three separate people and had lunch with a few younger staff and was given my employment offer before leaving that day.

Interview Questions
    • Asked how I dealt with people in a group situation, very common accounting question because all audit work is done in teams. Also discussed work experience and education, my expectations for my career, and 'why did you choose public accounting?"   Answer Question
    No negotiations on offered salaries.

Tax Associate Interview

Interview was a typical interview. Interview was obtained through college recruiter. Interview was in-office with multiple partner-managers and also tour of the office was given. Interview lasted for 3-6 hours. Lunch was provided at the interview. Initial interview was with campus recruiter during career recruiting time at college campus.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BKD in October 2009.

I had two interviews with BKD. The first interview was on campus. It was really relaxed and informal. Questions consisted of why accounting, why bkd, and the normal resume questions. The second interview I had was at their office in Indianapolis. It was an all day event where you have interviews with two partners and do a few other activities. The interview with the partners was very similar to the on campus interview.

Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at BKD in September 2009.

The interview was more of a sales by a young person of the firm; it was pretty evident the individual had not worked there long, and it was not a technical interview. It frankly was more of a sales pitch than an interview. The interview process is not geared for the interviewee, since different offices seem to work independently of each other in the interviewing and hiring process.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at BKD in September 2010.

There was only one interview; a one on one with a recruiter from the Dallas office. There was also an assistant outside the interview room to greet applicants and this was a relief, especially on a college campus. The interview was planned through a college recruiting office, so there isn't much to say about the organization of the interview. However, the interview went very smoothly and was very casual. Within the 30 minutes allotted to the interview, I was able to show the recruiter that I was a good fit into the company's culture and atmosphere. The recruiter was very calming and allowed me to be myself by setting the tone of interview as a very casual interaction.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your work experience and client interaction.   View Answer

Staff Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at BKD in March 2011.

The interview process was very well put together. We started in the morning with a presentation which was followed by a series of 3 interviews with 5 minute breaks in the middle. We were also offered lunch which was also very good. Everyone in the office seemed to be very friendly and helpful and was able to answer all questions we had.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have any occupation, what would it be and why?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

The process took a day - interviewed at BKD in October 2010.

One-on-one interview, general questions about my interests, my interest in the company, etc.

none.

Experience BKD - Summer Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BKD in March 2013.

Applied through career services by submitting a resume.

Interview Questions
    • No exceptionally hard questions. The one that probably required the most explaining was a questions about a leadership role I held. The questions was why I wanted that role.   View Answer

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BKD.

Recruiting is typically completed through an on campus interviewing process and then a second round of interviews at the office to which you'll be assigned. The initial interviews are very laid back and the recruiter is very knowledgeable and extremely down to earth. They do not employees the "STAR" process (ie. Tell me a time when...} but the questions are more aimed at who you are and if you'll be a good fit with the firm. They are very aware that training for audit is on the job and not just something you learn in college. If you are successful with the first round of interviews, you will be asked to come for an office visit. Nearly everyone who is invited for an office visit will be extended an offer, unless you rub the partners the wrong way. You will meet with three partners or senior managers the day of the office visit. Indianapolis the officer visit is a great experience. They ask you to come into town the afternoon on the day before your interviews, there will be an event (typically a private tour of Lucas Oil Stadium) and then a dinner with many of the partners from the office. After dinner the staff and seniors will take you out for another event, typically something fun with drinks. The next day is interview day and if you get an offer, it will be in your hand before you leave for the day. If I remember correctly there is personality test as well at one of the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • They don't focus on technical expertise type questions or as noted above on STAR questions. Much of the focus is on your resume, so be sure it is in top form. This is a firm that wants to utilize your past experiences and involvements to determine what kind of employee you will be.   Answer Question
    This is your first job so there is little negotiation. Top recruit will get a signing bonus which they call a "education bonus".

Worked for BKD? Contribute to the Community!