BKD Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.7

Staff Accountant Interview

Was invited into an office interview, in which 46 other candidates were brought in. Each of us had interviews with 3 people, at the senior/manager or director level. Associates took us to lunch. Afterwards, they gave a presentation explaining their benefits package and their future, and that was all.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews were generally conversational, and did not really contain any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BKD.

Average interview process

Non-negociable

Tax Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BKD.

On campus interview followed by overnight office visit. I believe they stopped providing dinner and lodging to candidates during my time there to save money. Standard office interview except for an odd personality test, followed by lunch, then a manila envelope from a partner with the offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Just general small-talk. For the most part they know who they want by this point.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BKD.

Recruiting is typically completed through an on campus interviewing process and then a second round of interviews at the office to which you'll be assigned. The initial interviews are very laid back and the recruiter is very knowledgeable and extremely down to earth. They do not employees the "STAR" process (ie. Tell me a time when...} but the questions are more aimed at who you are and if you'll be a good fit with the firm. They are very aware that training for audit is on the job and not just something you learn in college. If you are successful with the first round of interviews, you will be asked to come for an office visit. Nearly everyone who is invited for an office visit will be extended an offer, unless you rub the partners the wrong way. You will meet with three partners or senior managers the day of the office visit. Indianapolis the officer visit is a great experience. They ask you to come into town the afternoon on the day before your interviews, there will be an event (typically a private tour of Lucas Oil Stadium) and then a dinner with many of the partners from the office. After dinner the staff and seniors will take you out for another event, typically something fun with drinks. The next day is interview day and if you get an offer, it will be in your hand before you leave for the day. If I remember correctly there is personality test as well at one of the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • They don't focus on technical expertise type questions or as noted above on STAR questions. Much of the focus is on your resume, so be sure it is in top form. This is a firm that wants to utilize your past experiences and involvements to determine what kind of employee you will be.   Answer Question
    This is your first job so there is little negotiation. Top recruit will get a signing bonus which they call a "education bonus".

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BKD in March 2013.

Attended a pre-night interview on campus where presentation was given by two members of the loan review group. Had a face-to-face 30 minute interview the following morning. Typical behavioral interview and was asked questions about how I felt about the traveling aspect of the job. Asked to attend final round interview in Indianapolis a week or so later. It was about a 3 hour long process during which I interviewed with 3 separate members of the loan review department. All of my interviewers were younger men (mid to late twenties) and were extremely laid back. Talk a lot about sports and made a few jokes. Then all potential candidates were taken out to lunch in the city with the CEO and other members of the firm.

Interview Questions
    • What type of role do you typically try to take in a team environment and how do you work with other people?   Answer Question

Experience BKD - Summer Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Applied through career services by submitting a resume.

Interview Questions
    • No exceptionally hard questions. The one that probably required the most explaining was a questions about a leadership role I held. The questions was why I wanted that role.   View Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BKD in October 2012.

They had an oncampus interview followed by second round. Both were fairly informal.

Interview Questions
    • The only question I was ever asked. "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BKD in June 2012.

Management and Partners are very polite, overall BKD gives off a good vibe. I've researched the company and it appears the biggest CON is that you have to work extremely hard, though isn't this to be expected in any position? Should anything less be expected? I believe this is a PRO, staying busy/working hard allows for personal growth on many level, this is surely a PRO in my opinion. I understand that I am just an outsider looking in, but my first impression is that BKD would make a great employer and has a lot to offer those willing to work hard for a living.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BKD in May 2012.

Campus recruiting, then followed by a trip to the Oklahoma City office for a tour and interviews with partners, managers, and the Managing Partner. They took us to lunch, and were very explanatory regarding duties as an intern, which were the same as First year Staff Auditors

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were forced to be a leader in a situation involving conflict   Answer Question
    Accepted the offer that day

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BKD in October 2011.

The hiring and interview process is just like every accounting firm. Interview questions are mainly behavioral and conversational. Then if they like you, you go to an office visit and you have one interview there.

Interview Questions
    • If you could start your college career over what would you do differently?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate with them as far as my pay. You are well paid and everyone makes the same. Its hard to negotiate internship hourly pay but definitely a must when you get a full time salary offer.