BKD Interview Questions

2.7

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BKD.

Recruiting is typically completed through an on campus interviewing process and then a second round of interviews at the office to which you'll be assigned. The initial interviews are very laid back and the recruiter is very knowledgeable and extremely down to earth. They do not employees the "STAR" process (ie. Tell me a time when...} but the questions are more aimed at who you are and if you'll be a good fit with the firm. They are very aware that training for audit is on the job and not just something you learn in college. If you are successful with the first round of interviews, you will be asked to come for an office visit. Nearly everyone who is invited for an office visit will be extended an offer, unless you rub the partners the wrong way. You will meet with three partners or senior managers the day of the office visit. Indianapolis the officer visit is a great experience. They ask you to come into town the afternoon on the day before your interviews, there will be an event (typically a private tour of Lucas Oil Stadium) and then a dinner with many of the partners from the office. After dinner the staff and seniors will take you out for another event, typically something fun with drinks. The next day is interview day and if you get an offer, it will be in your hand before you leave for the day. If I remember correctly there is personality test as well at one of the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • They don't focus on technical expertise type questions or as noted above on STAR questions. Much of the focus is on your resume, so be sure it is in top form. This is a firm that wants to utilize your past experiences and involvements to determine what kind of employee you will be.   Answer Question
    This is your first job so there is little negotiation. Top recruit will get a signing bonus which they call a "education bonus".

Experience BKD - Summer Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BKD in March 2013.

Applied through career services by submitting a resume.

Interview Questions
    • No exceptionally hard questions. The one that probably required the most explaining was a questions about a leadership role I held. The questions was why I wanted that role.   View Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BKD in October 2012.

They had an oncampus interview followed by second round. Both were fairly informal.

Interview Questions
    • The only question I was ever asked. "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at BKD in October 2011.

The hiring and interview process is just like every accounting firm. Interview questions are mainly behavioral and conversational. Then if they like you, you go to an office visit and you have one interview there.

Interview Questions
    • If you could start your college career over what would you do differently?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate with them as far as my pay. You are well paid and everyone makes the same. Its hard to negotiate internship hourly pay but definitely a must when you get a full time salary offer.

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BKD in June 2012.

Management and Partners are very polite, overall BKD gives off a good vibe. I've researched the company and it appears the biggest CON is that you have to work extremely hard, though isn't this to be expected in any position? Should anything less be expected? I believe this is a PRO, staying busy/working hard allows for personal growth on many level, this is surely a PRO in my opinion. I understand that I am just an outsider looking in, but my first impression is that BKD would make a great employer and has a lot to offer those willing to work hard for a living.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BKD in June 2011.

They asked me simple questions about myself. I showed interest and enthusiasm

25 an hour

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

The process took a day - interviewed at BKD in October 2010.

One-on-one interview, general questions about my interests, my interest in the company, etc.

none.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BKD in February 2011.

They hosted a dinner for all of the potential recruits the night before the interview, which was very laid back and went pretty well. The interview went on all throughout the following day on campus. The recruiter was outside of the interview room, and almost gave you a pre-interview prior to entering the actual interview with one of BKD's senior managers.

Interview Questions
    • What made you want to get into the accounting?   View Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at BKD in September 2010.

There was only one interview; a one on one with a recruiter from the Dallas office. There was also an assistant outside the interview room to greet applicants and this was a relief, especially on a college campus. The interview was planned through a college recruiting office, so there isn't much to say about the organization of the interview. However, the interview went very smoothly and was very casual. Within the 30 minutes allotted to the interview, I was able to show the recruiter that I was a good fit into the company's culture and atmosphere. The recruiter was very calming and allowed me to be myself by setting the tone of interview as a very casual interaction.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your work experience and client interaction.   View Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at BKD in July 2010.

Had a phone interview with operating manager, really nice person. Have not heard back from them yet