BKD

Relevance Date Difficulty

Experience BKD - Summer Program Interview

Experience BKD - Summer Program
Columbia, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BKD in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through career services by submitting a resume.

Interview Question – No exceptionally hard questions. The one that probably required the most explaining was a questions about a leadership role I held. The questions was why I wanted that role.   View Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BKD in October 2012.

Interview Details – They had an oncampus interview followed by second round. Both were fairly informal.

Interview Question – The only question I was ever asked. "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BKD in October 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process is just like every accounting firm. Interview questions are mainly behavioral and conversational. Then if they like you, you go to an office visit and you have one interview there.

Interview Question – If you could start your college career over what would you do differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate with them as far as my pay. You are well paid and everyone makes the same. Its hard to negotiate internship hourly pay but definitely a must when you get a full time salary offer.

Staff Auditor Interview

Staff Auditor
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BKD in June 2012.

Interview Details – Management and Partners are very polite, overall BKD gives off a good vibe. I've researched the company and it appears the biggest CON is that you have to work extremely hard, though isn't this to be expected in any position? Should anything less be expected? I believe this is a PRO, staying busy/working hard allows for personal growth on many level, this is surely a PRO in my opinion. I understand that I am just an outsider looking in, but my first impression is that BKD would make a great employer and has a lot to offer those willing to work hard for a living.

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BKD in June 2011.

Interview Details – They asked me simple questions about myself. I showed interest and enthusiasm

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – 25 an hour

Intern Interview

Intern
Oklahoma City, OK

The process took a day - interviewed at BKD in October 2010.

Interview Details – One-on-one interview, general questions about my interests, my interest in the company, etc.

Interview Question – What are your career goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none.

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BKD in February 2011.

Interview Details – They hosted a dinner for all of the potential recruits the night before the interview, which was very laid back and went pretty well. The interview went on all throughout the following day on campus. The recruiter was outside of the interview room, and almost gave you a pre-interview prior to entering the actual interview with one of BKD's senior managers.

Interview Question – What made you want to get into the accounting?   View Answer

Accounting Interview

Accounting
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BKD in September 2010.

Interview Details – There was only one interview; a one on one with a recruiter from the Dallas office. There was also an assistant outside the interview room to greet applicants and this was a relief, especially on a college campus. The interview was planned through a college recruiting office, so there isn't much to say about the organization of the interview. However, the interview went very smoothly and was very casual. Within the 30 minutes allotted to the interview, I was able to show the recruiter that I was a good fit into the company's culture and atmosphere. The recruiter was very calming and allowed me to be myself by setting the tone of interview as a very casual interaction.

Interview Question – Tell me about your work experience and client interaction.   View Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BKD in July 2010.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with operating manager, really nice person. Have not heard back from them yet

Interview Questions

Intern Interview

Intern
Evansville, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BKD in September 2009.

Interview Details – First, I sent in my resume through my university's career services website. The next process was a 1 to 1 interview on campus. After being accepted to move on further, there was an all-day "second interview." For this, the remaining candidates came in for breakfast. Each table had 2 tax partners and 6 candidates. Following this, we were split into two separate groups; one group stayed in the conference room for the presentation while the other group had two additional 1 on 1 interviews with two separate tax partners. After this, the candidates were paired up with a staff member and taken to lunch. After lunch, the groups switched and the people who were watching the presentation were not doing interviews and vice versa.

Interview Question – The most unexpected part is that is wasn't a typical interview.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at BKD